[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
LOL! Well it would be a long time ago sparky as we haven't had a Labour government for quite some time! The example was provided to prove the point I was making, all sides do it but the outrage amongst some people seems rather selective ...
I'd put money on the fact that Tory voters who were outraged about Brown back then are happily ignoring the shit the Government is doing today.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Very common in the UK too ...

... funny how some people only ever seem outraged when the other side do it :wink:
Labour weren't perfect but Brown wasn't a security risk to the UK, he didn't appoint sons of KGB agents to the HOL, he didn't unlawfully shutdown parliament, he give contracts to mates and then try to scrap ethics rules to save their arse.

Feels like a different era to me now, but you carry on

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
LOL! Well it would be a long time ago sparky as we haven't had a Labour government for quite some time! The example was provided to prove the point I was making, all sides do it but the outrage amongst some people seems rather selective ...

I’m not sure that’s entirely true. I’m just as disappointed when Labour prove themselves more interested in self-preservation than doing the right thing.

If I may though, I’d like to point out that during Labour’s last government the NHS (while still imperfect) improved from the disrepair that it had been allowed to fall into under Conservative hands. Child poverty fell, adult poverty fell, and education and other key services were sensibly (though not extravagantly) funded and accessible.

Whereas here, we have a party that has had 12 years to implement its vision of Britain, and frankly it all seems a bit third world and unnecessarily dystopian to many of us.

I’m happy for you to relate to me the unmitigated triumphs of this government though, are you able to give me some tangible improvements that have been made on its watch?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I’m not sure that’s entirely true. I’m just as disappointed when Labour prove themselves more interested in self-preservation than doing the right thing.

If I may though, I’d like to point out that during Labour’s last government the NHS (while still imperfect) improved from the disrepair that it had been allowed to fall into under Conservative hands. Child poverty fell, adult poverty fell, and education and other key services were sensibly (though not extravagantly) funded and accessible.

Whereas here, we have a party that has had 12 years to implement its vision of Britain, and frankly it all seems a bit third world and unnecessarily dystopian to many of us.

I’m happy for you to relate to me the unmitigated triumphs of this government though, are you able to give me some tangible improvements that have been made on its watch?
How about the huge network of Food Banks that the government has encouraged ?

chickens

NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
That’s only a triumph for Jacob Rees-Mogg’s one man crusade to bring Dickensian squalor and decay to the 21st century. I’m interested in genuine government led improvements in our lives between 2010 and now.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
That’s only a triumph for Jacob Rees-Mogg’s one man crusade to bring Dickensian squalor and decay to the 21st century. I’m interested in genuine government led improvements in our lives between 2010 and now.
Brexit...oh...no...uhhh...
Levelling up...ah...shit...ummm...

Blue passports! There we go. I knew there was something.

chickens

NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022

Yes it’s blue (which could only be improved by including white stripes) but it actually has more limited power than the older red passport, which allowed us to travel visa free and even live across Europe, so I can’t count it as a win, as it’s a downgrade on what it replaced.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
In the Hartlepool by-election a couple of years ago, someone interviewed on their way to the polling station said they were going to vote Conservative for the first time ever "because Labour want to get rid of food-banks." :facepalm:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Manufactured in Poland by a French company!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Good to see so many MPs who spent so long saying the police should re investigate starmer’s curry have realised they shouldn’t waste time and now strongly condemn police wasting time on enforcing the law on politicians.

I assume it is then realising their behaviour was ridiculous before right?

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
And the tribal Tories will continue voting for them by pathetically claiming that "All parties and politicians are corrupt and dishonest, so neither Liebour nor the Lib Dumbs would be any different or better, so we may as well continue voting Tory."

That's the gutter-level of intellectual and moral bankruptcy that the Tories and their zombie-followers have dragged us into.
And that comment is the reason why people who really don't give a shit won't be coming around to your way of thinking.
Whatever anyone thinks or votes for, that's their view and opinion. At the moment the fence sitters see those sort of comments like yours and think 'f*** that, I can't agree with him'
Bit of a shame you didn't use the old caps lock every other letter in your sentence.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
And that comment is the reason why people who really don't give a shit won't be coming around to your way of thinking.
Whatever anyone thinks or votes for, that's their view and opinion. At the moment the fence sitters see those sort of comments like yours and think 'f*** that, I can't agree with him'
Bit of a shame you didn't use the old caps lock every other letter in your sentence.
If they carry on voting for this corrupt shower-of-shite because they don't like the comments of people like me on a message-board, then that proves my point about how dumb they are - as you say, f*** 'em.

Let them carry on voting Tory and suffering economically 'cos some Leftie offended them on t'internet. Their choice, their stupidity.

Last edited:

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
If they carry on voting for this corrupt shower-of-shite because they don't like the comments of people me on a message-board, then that proves my point about how dumb they are - as you say, f*** 'em.

Let them carry on voting Tory and suffering economically 'cos some Leftie offended them on t'internet. Their choice, their stupidity
That's the point though. The fence sitters don't give a shit. Your language puts them off thinking your way so they will think f*** it, can't be arsed. Labour needs to be turning these fence sitters into votes, they aren't because of people like you. They just won't vote because they don't give a shit like me. I go with the flow.
What is so difficult to get into your head that calling people stupid who haven't voted with you in the past, and generally don't care anyway, is counter productive.
You never learn.
It won't be a Labour win, it will be a no gives a f*** win because of people like you.
Think before stereotyping people, it f***ed Labour before and it will again if your attitude gains momentum (no pun).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Frankly, until Brexit I didn't pay much attention to politics in this country. Has it always been like this? So many dishonest characters in top government roles..
No, there has never been a cabinet as inexperienced, incompetent and corrupt as the Johnson Brexit cabal, now playing musical chairs under his deputy Rishi Sunak (9 years as an MP, 13 years as a member of the Conservative party) following the wonderful Liz Truss. I have voted for politicians from all parties frequently over the 44 years I have had a vote. There were always differences of opinion, often vociferous, between the various politicians and parties, but the few dishonest, corrupt and swivel eyed loon backbenchers (with the very occasional exception) from all parties never made it beyond the back benches and certainly nowhere near any real power.

Then came Brexit and every serious politician from every party backed remain. A few corrupt, incompetent backbenchers and chancers, led by those two outstanding bastions of truth and honesty, Johnson and Farage saw their chance and, backed by some serious dodgy but significant financial backers, targeted the third of the electorate most easily convinced by extremely simple lies. Following the referendum, It still took a few more years to wrestle total power from the centrist politicians but buoyed by their 'Get Brexit Done' supporters they achieved it.

And that is how we have got to this current complete shitshow in every aspect of the British economy, our infrastructure, NHS, Businesses dying on their arses, Inflation, recession, cost of living, standing in world politics, etc etc.
It really should be recognised as a truly exceptional achievement at every level, but completely and utterly predictable and not party political in any way :shootself

Last edited:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Rishi Sunak has been fined for not wearing a seatbelt in the back of a moving car while on a trip to northern England.

The prime minister was recording an Instagram video on Thursday during a visit to three towns to promote the government’s levelling up agenda. The video, which shows Sunak turning in his seat to talk to the camera without a seatbelt on, has now been removed from the social media site.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Oh for the days of a law abiding Prime Minister

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
What
No there has never been a cabinet as inexperienced, incompetent and corrupt as the Johnson Brexit cabal, now playing musical chairs under his deputy Rishi Sunak following the wonderful Liz Truss. I have voted for politicians from all parties frequently over the 44 years I have had a vote. There were always differences of opinion, often vociferous, between the various politicians and parties, but the few dishonest, corrupt and swivel eyed loon backbenchers (with the very occasional exception) from all parties never made it beyond the back benches and certainly nowhere near any real power.

Then came Brexit and every serious politician from every party backed remain. A few corrupt, incompetent backbenchers and chancers, led by those two outstanding bastions of truth and honesty, Johnson and Farage saw their chance and, backed by some serious dodgy but significant financial backers, targeted the third of the electorate most easily convinced by extremely simple lies. It still took a few more years to wrestle total power from the centrist politicians but buoyed by their 'Get Brexit Done' supporters they achieved it.

And that is how we have got to this current complete shitshow in every aspect of the British economy, our infrastructure, NHS, Businesses dying on their arses, Inflation, recession, cost of living, standing in world politics, etc etc.
It really should be recognised as a truly exceptional achievement at every level, but completely and utterly predictable and not party political in any way :shootself
It is a shit show but having spent many years of seeing your ranting in the bearpit, what do you mean by targeting a third of the electorate who are easily convinced? Is that a delicate way of putting idiots?
If it is, well my response is on another thread about that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports