Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I heard Raab on Today who had obviously been given a script to read because all he said was "forget distractions" and "focus relentlessly on delivery". Ten minutes of him saying just that.

I don't think he believes that shite any more that you do TBH. Just keeping himself in a job for another day, much like Big Dog.

Everything about this Government is predicated on the idea of surviving just another day. When you look at it through that prism things start to make more sense. Short-term survival is all they can muster. Which is why meaty, long-term issues like the economy are met with no answers.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I heard Raab on Today who had obviously been given a script to read because all he said was "forget distractions" and "focus relentlessly on delivery". Ten minutes of him saying just that.

I don't think he believes that shite any more that you do TBH. Just keeping himself in a job for another day, much like Big Dog.

He was going through the motions having been abandoned by Dowden, who was due to perform that particular duty, but realised that he couldn't face doing it any longer.
Before he mentioned the 'got all the big calls right', he even said: "You know what I'm going to say ..."

This wonderful Cabinet have got 8 days whilst Big Dog hides in a Rwandan fridge. Will they work out that the game is up? Unlikely, given most of them are over-promoted, sycophants, incompetent or, more usually, all three. The 1922 might decide that the one whose only idea is the great man of history (to which he thinks he belongs) is ruining their party. That's more likely.

But, as [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] says, does anyone else really fancy the next 18/24 months given the economic storm that has already arrived?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Everything about this Government is predicated on the idea of surviving just another day. When you look at it through that prism things start to make more sense. Short-term survival is all they can muster. Which is why meaty, long-term issues like the economy are met with no answers.

Your timeframe is too long. They only aim to get through until the sun's over the yard arm, and then they're on the grog.

Cheers and down the hatch!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nuffin wrong with that, other than to p*ss us all off and live in hope that she sees the light.
Nah, that ain’t gonna happen.

I believe if she sees the light, she turns to dust.

Holy water, wooden stakes, or silver bullets should also do the trick.

D

Deleted member 2719

Surely not even [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] can defend Boris now? The democratic electorate have spoken and they've told Big Dog to take a long walk off a short pier.

Hammered in Wakefield by traditional Labour votes returning.

Hammered in Devon by a party of "remoaners" just a couple of years after "getting Brexit done".*

His own party Chairman resigning, JRM trolling the electorate, PPF stylee with a mad rant about signs in the Dartford tunnel and the famous Rwanda flight being emptied quicker than Selhurst when Palace are 4-0 down. Boris hiding in Africa and his candidate hiding in a dance studio.

No one can defend this stuff any more, regardless of intellect and political hue, surely???

*except for Northern Ireland, obvs.

Although, I can't condone some stuff Boris has done.
You need to keep this factual, he was beaten by Labour in Devon, not remoaners.

The mid term labour vote was always going to win Wakefield, no surprise there.

With the media always on the attack of Boris some muppets will always believe it.

Starmer just made me spit out my Chapel Down Sparkling, as he believes Labour will win the next election! :lolol:
That may happen if Boris floors Charlie boy with a head butt. Otherwise it will be Tory or a coalition.

Please take a note of my prediction, as I think you do anyway, if only I cared enough about mentioning you in a one-upmanship manner.:lolol::lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

With the media always on the attack of Boris some muppets will always believe it.

Starmer just made me spit out my Chapel Down Sparkling, as he believes Labour will win the next election! :lolol:
That may happen if Boris floors Charlie boy with a head butt. Otherwise it will be Tory or a coalition.

Please take a note of my prediction, as I think you do anyway, if only I cared enough about mentioning you in a one-upmanship manner.:lolol::lolol:

You’re like a piece of performance art.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

I'm surprised you have the time to write anything on here whilst Boris's balls are bouncing off your chin.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
How very quaint.

Use a light pun on a username, you get a kicking...use personal insults or call someone a moron for voting in a particular way and it's ignored.

All down to which side you back I guess.

Are you always a complete knob? I'm sure there must be a few posts where you're not, but they must have slipped passed me.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
How very quaint.

Use a light pun on a username, you get a kicking...use personal insults or call someone a moron for voting in a particular way and it's ignored.

All down to which side you back I guess.

I think you’ve just “read the room wrong” as they say. By all means stick up for Johnson alongside Mouldy but don’t be surprised when you get stick for it. Unlike you, a lot of people don’t see these issues as a chance to troll people on the internet. They see them as people’s lives, livelihoods, futures. And the future of the U.K.

You see it all as a chance to pursue old NSC grudges.

Pity there is not a facility for mods to banish individual posters to the Bear Pit. It could be used like a sin-bin.

Anyway, do carry on.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Keep it civil please everyone. [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] is entitled to his views and to express that view just as much as anyone else.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A really poor one...in a little tent....on the edge of Glasto.

The bloke has no scruples, no morals and is utterly blinkered from reality.

That goes for his BFF Bozo, too.

To add to [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] 's post, no need for that please. This isn't the Bear Pit and I've told a couple of others off for it. Just try and debate without name calling thanks.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

He was beaten by the Lib Dems in Devon. Unless that was the worst attempted whoosh in NSC history?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
He was beaten by the Lib Dems in Devon. Unless that was the worst attempted whoosh in NSC history?

I took Mouldy’s post to mean the Tory candidate was beaten by Labour in so much as the Labour support lent their vote to the Lib Dems. Whether they do the same at a GE remains to be seen I guess.

(Plus of course a large slug of the Tory vote either stayed at home or also voted Lib Dem).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here