Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
why have we bothered with all this then? people are happy to accept versions reported in the media (which they normally dont trust), and dismiss in advance any outcome of investigations.
I am amazed we did bother.

Johnson had to be pushed kicking and screaming into it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just when you think it would be impossible for a cabinet to be even more incompetent

Department for Education descends into chaos as civil servants can’t find desks after returning to office

Civil servants at the Department for Education have been forced to work in corridors and canteens because of a lack of desks after they were ordered back to the office. Whole teams have been turned away from some offices because of overcrowding after the Education Secretary Nadhim Zahawi told officials to “immediately” return to “pre-Covid working”. Chaotic scenes occurred because the department has twice as many employees as available desks.

Cabinet Office minister Jacob Rees-Mogg wrote to colleagues urging them to send a “clear message” to the civil service about returning, and Mr Zahawi told MPs he expected “office use to return to normality pre the pandemic”.

https://inews.co.uk/news/education/department-for-education-chaos-civil-servants-cant-find-desks-return-office-1642070

That's what happens when you listen to Jacob 'Act of self-harm' Rees-Mogg :facepalm:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just when you think it would be impossible for a cabinet to be even more incompetent

Department for Education descends into chaos as civil servants can’t find desks after returning to office

Civil servants at the Department for Education have been forced to work in corridors and canteens because of a lack of desks after they were ordered back to the office. Whole teams have been turned away from some offices because of overcrowding after the Education Secretary Nadhim Zahawi told officials to “immediately” return to “pre-Covid working”. Chaotic scenes occurred because the department has twice as many employees as available desks.

Cabinet Office minister Jacob Rees-Mogg wrote to colleagues urging them to send a “clear message” to the civil service about returning, and Mr Zahawi told MPs he expected “office use to return to normality pre the pandemic”.

https://inews.co.uk/news/education/department-for-education-chaos-civil-servants-cant-find-desks-return-office-1642070

That's what happens when you listen to Jacob 'Act of self-harm' Rees-Mogg :facepalm:
Their hot desks are bit too cold it seems.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Lever's articulate outburst has enabled me to roll back slightly, I have identified one member I can listen to.

Benn, just like his old man (RIP), conducts himself properly, not all frothy mouthed and bitter.

His questions are researched, have a point to them and allow a debate.

If only there were more like him.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Still, on the bright side it gives us something to get hot under the collar about.

Personally, I've moved on. I couldn't give a monkey's if Boris had a cake or Starmer had a curry.

My current concerns are centralised upon more pressing issues in the world, life is honestly too short.

I think that’s an unfortunate attitude but not a surprising one from you. You appear to have swallowed the Daily Mail / Nasty Party line.

It’s your kind of attitude that results in us still having a convicted criminal as PM.

A shame.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
Stop picking on Boris hes alreight and theirs a fundemental difference between him and starmer as Boris said he wouldnt resign for a law he created where as old boring starmer said he will resign for a law he didnt create so thats why he is for the chop so cheerio leftie

Regards

DF

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Lever's articulate outburst has enabled me to roll back slightly, I have identified one member I can listen to.

Benn, just like his old man (RIP), conducts himself properly, not all frothy mouthed and bitter.

But they would be wasted on you….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Boris Johnson is expected to scapegoat the head of the civil service Simon Case this week in a desperate effort to save his own job, as both men face stinging criticism in a report into lockdown-breaking parties in Downing Street.

The long-awaited findings of the senior mandarin Sue Gray will, according to several sources, lay particular blame on Case, the UK’s most senior civil servant, for allowing a drinking culture to develop in which rule-breaking parties became commonplace during lockdowns.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Imagine being early 20's having studied hard at Uni, being lucky and taking advantage of that luck, getting a junior post in the civil service, maybe diary manager to a junior minister, working your balls off for six months, only to then find out 'your boss' was moving on and being invited to his leaving drink. Should you go ? You think it would be poor form not to.

At the leaving do, the PM waltzes in, says a few nice comments about your boss, clinks his glass with a few of you and waltzes off. For your career you're glad you came.

Only now you get an FPN and he doesn't. That's fair enough, for going to your boss's leaving do, isn't it :shrug:

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Boris Johnson is expected to scapegoat the head of the civil service Simon Case this week in a desperate effort to save his own job, as both men face stinging criticism in a report into lockdown-breaking parties in Downing Street.

The long-awaited findings of the senior mandarin Sue Gray will, according to several sources, lay particular blame on Case, the UK’s most senior civil servant, for allowing a drinking culture to develop in which rule-breaking parties became commonplace during lockdowns.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Wasn't Simon Case the original one who was going to write the report until there was pressure for him to recuse himself ?

I guess he'll be announcing his retirement soon.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Balloons?

Whoever did what and when, further enforces the view that they're all self serving power grabbers with few scruples.

You seem a little confused, one minute you back the Daily Mail line of they're all the same and desperately try to do everything and anything to justify Johnson, then suddenly you decide they aren't :mad:

Maybe you need to sit down and have a little think about what you actually think :wink:

And thanks for the thumbs up :thumbsup:

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Imagine being early 20's having studied hard at Uni, being lucky and taking advantage of that luck, getting a junior post in the civil service, maybe diary secretary to a junior minister, working your balls off for six months, only to then find out 'your boss' was moving on and being invited to his leaving drink. Should you go ? You think it would be poor form not to.

At the leaving do, the PM waltzes in, says a few nice comments about your boss, clinks his glass with a few of you and waltzes off. For your career you're glad you came.

Only now you get a criminal record and he doesn't. That's fair enough, isn't it :shrug:

10k to keep my mouth shut, a good reference and a job with one of my former boss’s supporters would probably make it easier of course

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
10k to keep my mouth shut, a good reference and a job with one of my former boss’s supporters would probably make it easier of course

Trust me, that wouldn't happen at that level.

Luckily any friends and associates I have left are way beyond and far too experienced not to see that one coming. In my experience, most civil servants I have dealt with are far more principled, honest and competent than the majority of politicians :wink:

But Civil servants are certainly the ones at fault here :facepalm: I assume you haven't forgotten that over 150 of the 'civil servants' within the cabinet office are political advisors (SPADS) who are now classed as 'civil servants' ???

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Plus of course a FPN does not result in a criminal record.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Imagine being early 20's having studied hard at Uni, being lucky and taking advantage of that luck, getting a junior post in the civil service, maybe diary secretary to a junior minister, working your balls off for six months, only to then find out 'your boss' was moving on and being invited to his leaving drink. Should you go ? You think it would be poor form not to.

Only now you get a criminal record and he doesn't. That's fair enough, isn't it :shrug:

A FPN does not give the recipient a criminal record, so the youngest is just out of pocket.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A FPN does not give the recipient a criminal record, so the youngest is just out of pocket.

And f*** up their career in the Civil service. I've corrected the post to make it clear they don't have a criminal record :thumbsup:

I do think most people would be stunned at the level of security checks, including interviews with your family, friends and everything you have ever done, supported or posted on social media, police cautions, FPNs in order to get any serious security clearance in the Civil Service.

None of which any politician ever has to undergo in order to become a Secretary of State responsible for Law and Order, Security, MI5, Foreign affairs or any other aspect of Government in the UK ???

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

...and in the comments following I found this sage advice for the next election.... Screenshot 2022-05-22 at 10.23.04.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here