Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
A lot of people need to take a long, hard look at themselves and accept they swallowed the lies fed to them by this utter charlatan.

I don't think people do that in today's polarised world. They just get even more entrenched in their viewpoint because they don't want to admit they were wrong, especially when they'll have posted all over social media about it.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Of course it's a clear resignation offence.

It's far from clear he'll resign. We have an unwritten constitution, which means there is nothing to say he has to leave. He can carry on if he has enough support. Which he probably has

Its the same real politik which means Putin will never end up in the Hague. Yes it's illegal, but justice will only be served if people challenge him, but they won't.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This will be the test of whether the Conservative Party as we knew it still exists. Had this happened at any point during the last century, the back benchers would have already had his head on a spike. They have always first and foremost been about retaining power and nobody, not even Thatcher was bigger than that for them. If they don't have him out now, they will be decimated in the local elections and then have him out.

The Tories are on their hands and knees. And while they are down there they should look for their moral compass, which they seem to have misplaced.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
You just know he still firmly believes he did nothing wrong...the fat useless tool has absolutely zero morals or takes any accountability - unless its for "world beating vaccine rollouts", "getting brexit done" etc etc :tosser:

Oh just F*** off, you F***** shambolic tub of lard.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
it's our undemocratic system that we should look to overhaul. They take the piss because they are in safe seats, if there were no such thing and their party would take a kicking as a whole under PR they would respect the people they are employed to represent not treat them with contempt

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
No response yet. I guess that we all give him a chance to do the honorable thing for the first time in his life before every one of us with a Tory MP writes them a short message along the lines of:

'I trust that you'll be submitting your letter of no confidence to the 1922 committee today. Keeping a Prime Minister who has lied to parliament and the country about having broken laws that he made is not an option for a democratic country governed by the rule of law. There is simply no way of excusing this and any MP who tries to do so would be failing the electorate by prioritising the career of one man over their sworn responsibility to Queen and country.'

The oath that they swear to become an MP states:

"I (name of Member) swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God."

Or

"I (name of Member) do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law."

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Low inflation, low interest rates, rebuilding from the banking crisis, delaying the ridiculous Brexit Referendum and maintaining a political coalition that held for the full 5 year term, and you call THAT a disaster?!?

It's been 35 years since the Tories ran the show alone whilst displaying any sign of competence or strategy. This government is easily the worst in my 53 years.

It lasted because they introduced the Fixed Term Parliament Act! Wasn't there low inflation and low interest rates everywhere or are you going to claim the global economy have Cameron to thank for that. As for rebuilding from the banking crisis, what exactly did they do? As I remember, they did nothing but introduce a programme of austerity.

Other low points.

Promising there will be no re-organization of the NHS and then promptly doing just that.
Massively increasing university fees much to the embarrassment of Clegg.
Reducing the number of Police
Reducing the armed forces (because wars aren't fought like that anymore!!)
Windrush
Massive increase in use of foodbanks.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Fabricant now claiming that Johnson was just doing what a lot of nurses and teachers did, ie after a long day, go back to the staff room for a drink! What planet does he live on?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No response yet. I guess that we all give him a chance to do the honorable thing for the first time in his life before every one of us with a Tory MP writes them a short message along the lines of:

'I trust that you'll be submitting your letter of no confidence to the 1922 committee today. Keeping a Prime Minister who has lied to parliament and the country about having broken laws that he made is not an option for a democratic country governed by the rule of law. There is simply no way of excusing this and any MP who tries to do so would be failing the electorate by prioritising the career of one man over their sworn responsibility to Queen and country.'

"I (name of Member) swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God."

Or

"I (name of Member) do solemnly, sincerely, and truly declare and affirm, that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law."

I've already written to mine:

Good afternoon Mr Brine

At the age of 51, for the first time in my life, I today feel compelled to write to my Member of Parliament.

The confirmation today, that the Prime Minister and members of his household and government, were in attendance at illegal gatherings during the strictest period of covid lockdown, and have now been issued penalty notices for such, simply must see an appropriate response from Parliament and from the Conservative Party.

The Prime Minister broke not just any law, but an emergency law he himself introduced, to protect the public at the most critical of times. To show such contempt for those laws, and for the public he expected to follow them, must make his position completely untenable. If the Prime Minister had any decency or shame, he would step down immediately.

Further to the actual law-breaking of course, there is the matter that the Prime Minister, in clear breach of the Ministerial Code, stood before Parliament, and repeatedly and deliberately misled them about said breaches. I think the consequences of this are beyond any debate.

There is no justification for Mr. Johnson to stay in office. To do so would be incredibly damaging to the very idea that our politicians are here to serve us, and that they will be held to be accountable for their actions and behaviours. Every day Mr. Johnson remains, will further erode any remaining public trust, not only in the government of the day, but in our democratic process moving forward.

It is your absolute duty as a Member of Parliament, and also as a member of the Conservative Party, to take the necessary steps, to ensure the right thing is done.

I await your response.

Regards

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Or

Well, the lying, incompetent charlatan had absolutely no problem in lying to HM so that oath means two-thirds of **** all anyway.

He is a complete scumbag. Let's all ensure we do what we can at the upcoming elections and vote for whoever is best placed to kick an incumbent Tory out.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
1) First were no parties

2) Then were so parties but Bojo wasn’t there

3) Then turned out he was there but it wasn’t a party

4) Then Bojo commissions a report into these gatherings

5) Then turns out the commissioner he appointed to investigate was at the gathering

6) Then Sue Gray in, but not Met not getting involved

7) Then Met will investigate after all

8) Then can’t get Sue Gray report till met finished their investigation

9) Then questionnaires

10) Then interviews

11) Then 20 people got a fine, we don't know who

12) Then the Tories held a party to celebrate in London

13) Then more questionnaires

14) Then more interviews

15) Then can’t get Sue Gray report till met finished their investigation...

16) Then the Met issued a load more fines and concluded Johnson broke the law

GUILTY AND FINED - Look away there's a war on

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Email sent to Sir Peter Bottomley. Given his "previous" I would be extremely surprised if he responds but we live in hope!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
1) First were no parties

2) Then were so parties but Bojo wasn’t there

3) Then turned out he was there but it wasn’t a party

4) Then Bojo commissions a report into these gatherings

5) Then turns out the commissioner he appointed to investigate was at the gathering

6) Then Sue Gray in, but not Met not getting involved

7) Then Met will investigate after all

8) Then can’t get Sue Gray report till met finished their investigation

9) Then questionnaires

10) Then interviews

11) Then 20 people got a fine, we don't know who

12) Then the Tories held a party to celebrate in London

13) Then more questionnaires

14) Then more interviews

15) Then can’t get Sue Gray report till met finished their investigation...

16) Then the Met issued a load more fines and concluded Johnson broke the law

GUILTY AND FINED - Look away there's a war on

Don't forget the Met Police commissioner resigned amidst all this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here