[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The big problem the Tories have is while there are a lot of people in more traditional Tory areas and with traditional Tory mindsets (no idea whether you are in this camp or not, more a broad observation) who aren't keen on him and want him out, but then you have the "new" Tories in the Red Wall who love him and almost certainly wouldn't see any value in swapping him out for (e.g.) Michael Gove.

Finding someone who can unite these two camps will prove to be a struggle. Sunak is probably the only one I can think of who might be able to do it.

I’m not sure whether you are referring to red wall voters or red wall MP’s. However, I think a considerable number of both are probably, and quite rightly, pissed off with him.
Once Johnson goes( and I think he will, but perhaps not soon enough for me)there will be an opportunity for his successor, whoever that might be, to do a ‘Hercules on the Augean Stables’ and completely change the culture of Government.
At present, it is an embarrassment for the country and decent MP’s of all political persuasions to have such an appalling man as Prime Minister.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So , we’ve reached the point of Johnson’s virility over accountability.

I’m wondering if they will call the baby girl Kitty,in commemoration of this attempted dead cat bounce.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Can't be bothered to read through all this thread, but the word is from someone ITK that a group of people who had been working together all day at No 10 ordered wine and cheese to consume at the end of the day. Depends on your definition of a party, but that's not a party in my book. If they were smart they would have admitted as much from the start.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Can't be bothered to read through all this thread, but the word is from someone ITK that a group of people who had been working together all day at No 10 ordered wine and cheese to consume at the end of the day. Depends on your definition of a party, but that's not a party in my book. If they were smart they would have admitted as much from the start.
What about the 5 other Downing Street/Conservative Party HQ parties ? ???

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The big problem the Tories have is while there are a lot of people in more traditional Tory areas and with traditional Tory mindsets (no idea whether you are in this camp or not, more a broad observation) who aren't keen on him and want him out, but then you have the "new" Tories in the Red Wall who love him and almost certainly wouldn't see any value in swapping him out for (e.g.) Michael Gove.

Finding someone who can unite these two camps will prove to be a struggle. Sunak is probably the only one I can think of who might be able to do it.

The thing is, the "new Tories" in the Red Wall seats voted for the Tories because they wanted to see a change. The Labour MPs (under a Tory Government for the last 11 years) hadn't delivered on the Northern Powerhouse, and the promise of "Levelling Up" under the Tories was a big reason for that gain.

The problem is, as they're now finding out, that the promise was utter bull**** and the biggest promise of HS2 remains undelivered.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Find all the tributes to Stratton from the likes of Peston really nauseating.

She's crying not because she felt she had done anything wrong, but because she got caught.

............or because she's been made the scapegoat and lobbed under the bus by BJ and his cronies. They're crocodile tears anyway - she'll have a nice 'redundancy' payment from HQ (subject to a strict confidentiality clause) and probably some random juicy contract or other at some point

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
............or because she's been made the scapegoat and lobbed under the bus by BJ and his cronies. They're crocodile tears anyway - she'll have a nice 'redundancy' payment from HQ (subject to a strict confidentiality clause) and probably some random juicy contract or other at some point

Exactly. We won’t be seeing her down the labour exchange on Monday morning.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Far more important things going on in the world imho than getting into a frenzy over a party but if you're really concerned here's a little tune to help you on your way

https://youtu.be/eBShN8qT4lk

Regards
DF

So, let me confirm, when there were people who were denied the opportunity to say goodbye to loved ones during that year, in some cases children, you think that no-one should be pissed off that people in government broke the rules and lied about it, then took the piss.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Completely missing the point. Whatever you call it - party, gathering, post work Christmas celebration - the very people in that room had just spent the last few weeks telling the public they weren't allowed to do exactly that. And far more important things, like seeing your dying relatives.

Jan 30, 2008
So, let me confirm, when there were people who were denied the opportunity to say goodbye to loved ones during that year, in some cases children, you think that no-one should be pissed off that people in government broke the rules and lied about it, then took the piss.

No I never said that , there were plenty of other party's going in the UK all shushy shushy nudge nudge wink wink

Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Ignore him. Nobody is down in the bear pit so he’s trolling on here instead. He’ll drag the thread into the pit if people start engaging with him.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
All the memes and Tik Tok things have started. Many will be generated by Government to turn the whole thing into a joke. The quicker they can spin this into a ten second laugh, the quicker it will be laughed away. Silly old Boris eh! Not even knowing there’s a party in his flat. Etc etc.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

That would have still been against the law last December.

I watched a recording of my Stepdad’s funeral online at 3am whilst working night shift at a supported accommodation project where some residents had Covid. Now, that’s definitely no party.

But as long as they only had cheese and wine, good for them.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm still somewhat taken aback by the number of people who voted for a party led by a proven lying, duplicitous, unscrupulous, self obsessed, deceitful, unprincipled, corrupt, egotistical **** and are now surprised that they have a lying, duplicitous, unscrupulous, self obsessed, deceitful, unprincipled, corrupt, egotistical **** as Prime Minister :facepalm:

Why didn't someone say before :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm still somewhat taken aback by the number of people who voted for a party led by a proven lying, duplicitous, unscrupulous, self obsessed, deceitful, unprincipled, corrupt, egotistical **** and are now surprised that they have a lying, duplicitous, unscrupulous, self obsessed, deceitful, unprincipled, corrupt, egotistical **** as Prime Minister :facepalm:

Corbyn did...

... oh.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

The Conservative Party knew exactly who they were getting and climbed into bed with him anyway because of his electability. The moment the 1922 committee believes that Bojo the Clown has outlived his usefulness, he'll be summarily dismissed and replaced by a new figurehead.

Sadly, the Conservative Party has now just become the UK Republican Party under Trump now.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

A lot of people really aren't bothered about any of that stuff.

What will prove to be his downfall is, "yeah, you can be all of that - but don't take the piss out of me." That is why the Christmas party stuff is cutting through in a way that none of the other stuff has.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A lot of people really aren't bothered about any of that stuff.

What will prove to be his downfall is, "yeah, you can be all of that - but don't take the piss out of me." That is why the Christmas party stuff is cutting through in a way that none of the other stuff has.

Sadly, I believe you're right, and after all that has happened, and he has done, the biggest issue people have with him is a Xmas f***ing party :(

Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports