[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
It will be described as ‘whataboutism’ by some on here but if true, then that is truly terrifying and makes you wonder what else that rat was responsible for!

I might add that it would explain the silence of a man who over the last few years seemingly has plenty to say!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Indeed, that man and his sidekick have done more to unsettle the planet than any world leader in in the last 50 years, I’m thoroughly ashamed to say I voted for him in 97.
Anyway… back to birthday cakes, let’s get this thread back on track.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
THE WEEK March 6 2022

Back on track....

Williamson knighted ‘for PM campaign’
Sir Gavin Williamson was awarded a knighthood because he helped Boris Johnson’s leadership campaign, it has been claimed. Although the controversial former education secretary was officially awarded the honour for public service, a source told The Sunday Times that the real reason was his role in helping Johnson become prime minister. “It is no more complicated than that,” they said. An online petition to strip Williamson of his knighthood has reached nearly 10,000 signatures.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Indeed, that man and his sidekick have done more to unsettle the planet than any world leader in in the last 50 years, I’m thoroughly ashamed to say I voted for him in 97.

what happened to the, "no more fibbing"? it's almost like you're brimming full of shit, bagashite

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It will be described as ‘whataboutism’ by some on here but if true, then that is truly terrifying and makes you wonder what else that rat was responsible for!

I might add that it would explain the silence of a man who over the last few years seemingly has plenty to say!!

Interesting article. I checked the author and he seems to be a committed investigative journalist, and if he has any political leanings they would appear to be on the left.

As for Blair....pursuing the national interest by seeking access to Russian oil....yes the retrospectroscope make that now not a good look. Bad man. Bad!

Should we have declared war on Russia instead?

Or perhaps just pretend Russia didn't exist.

But until this mad invasion we have been happily guzzling Gazprom oil as they sponsor the champion's league. Blair again?

And I thought Starmer was 'captain hindsight'? ???

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

It's shocking naiivity for sure. Russian democracy was in its infancy and Putin had been in power for a few months. But Blair was naive over Iraq and WMD so it's hardly news to me - it was definitely his Achilles heel.

But I'd be curious to understand why you and Baker lite honestly believe how it stacks up compared to the conduct of this government - who have been taking Russian oligarchs money for decades, been bankrolled by their donations and are now so compromised by them that they have made a mockery of the honours system by giving a knighthood to a proven incompetent like Gavin Williamson, and are doing what they can to assist these UK based Russian gangsters by giving them 30 days to move their money before we seize their assets.

It seems to me that the former was highly competent but hopelessly naive when it came to faith in humanity, whereas the latter is totally unfit for government.

I'm not expecting a sensible reply from Baker lite because he's not capable of it. I do wonder what your thoughts are though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Interesting article. I checked the author and he seems to be a committed investigative journalist, and if he has any political leanings they would appear to be on the left.

As for Blair....pursuing the national interest by seeking access to Russian oil....yes the retrospectroscope make that now not a good look. Bad man. Bad!

Should we have declared war on Russia instead?

Or perhaps just pretend Russia didn't exist.

But until this mad invasion we have been happily guzzling Gazprom oil as they sponsor the champion's league. Blair again?

And I thought Starmer was 'captain hindsight'? ???

Plenty of distractions and deflections being put about regarding Blair or even Corbyn being pro Russia or Russian sympathisers while steadfastly ignoring the facts..... The Tory party and its leader have been compromised by Russian money... imagine the outrage from the rabid right wing press had this huge amount of cash been given to the Labour party ? Why would rich Russians give huge sums to the Tories ? It's not for fun , why would anyone pay £160,000 to play tennis with Fatty Johnson ? for that money you could have had two weeks playing Roger Federer !

It's just incredible that the party of Law and Order, that bulwark against Russia, just rolled over and had its tummy tickled for dirty money.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It's shocking naiivity for sure.

But I'd be curious to understand why you and Baker lite honestly believe how it stacks up compared to the conduct of this government

I can’t speak for BL, as for me I wouldn’t waste your time worrying about what I think, I read the article, I wasn’t aware of Blair’s involvement with Putin and was duly yet again disappointed ( I’m being polite) in this man and what he was involved with.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Plenty of distractions and deflections being put about regarding Blair or even Corbyn being pro Russia or Russian sympathisers while steadfastly ignoring the facts..... The Tory party and its leader have been compromised by Russian money... imagine the outrage from the rabid right wing press had this huge amount of cash been given to the Labour party ? Why would rich Russians give huge sums to the Tories ? It's not for fun , why would anyone pay £160,000 to play tennis with Fatty Johnson ? for that money you could have had two weeks playing Roger Federer !

It's just incredible that the party of Law and Order, that bulwark against Russia, just rolled over and had its tummy tickled for dirty money.

short term personal financial gain to the exclusion of all other things? tories? incredible?

excactly as expected? true to form?

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I can’t speak for BL, as for me I wouldn’t waste your time worrying about what I think, I read the article, I wasn’t aware of Blair’s involvement with Putin and was duly yet again disappointed ( I’m being polite) in this man and what he was involved with.

did what i taught you about the 62 missile crisis change your world view at all?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Interesting.... because my interpretation of other comments you have made on Blair was that you generally viewed his tenure as PM extremely negatively and would have been 'disappointed' to find any good in the man.....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Maybe get the thread back on track with somewhat more current issues like cakes and awarding peerages to families of KGB spies, rather than things you did 25 years ago and now wish you hadn't :rolleyes:

Keir Starmer Calls For Intelligence and Security Committee Investigation Into Lebedev Peerage

The Sunday Times reported the Prime Minister went ahead with the nomination of Lebedev, the son of an ex-KGB agent and owner of the Evening Standard and Independent, even after intelligence officials had raised concerns about him.The House of Lords Appointments Commission (Holac), which vets peerages, wrote to the prime minister in 2020 advising him against granting Lebedev a seat in the Lords. Johnson is reported to have responded to the advice by claiming: “This is anti-Russianism."

https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/keir-starmer-calls-for-intelligence-and-security-investigation-into-lebedev-peerage

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
did what i taught you about the 62 missile crisis change your world view at all?

What, that the Cuban Missile crisis where the Americans were somewhat agitated by the installation of nuclear-armed Soviet missiles on Cuba, just 90 miles from U.S. shores. In a TV address on October 22, 1962, President John F. Kennedy (1917-63) notified Americans about the presence of the missiles, explained his decision to enact a naval blockade around Cuba and made it clear the U.S. was prepared to use military force if necessary to neutralize this perceived threat to national security but Rog thinks it was in Turkey?

Short answer no and whilst I’m perhaps guilty of shocking grammar didn’t they teach you at school to start sentences with a capital letter?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'll wish you both well with your desperate attempts to get this thread into the Pit (particularly if nobody responds to the trolling) :bigwave:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Finally, I think you may be getting it.

Putin has had his dirty fingers in all the pies, he would be silly not to once he started. The question you have to ask yourself is how many of his fat fingers were in the biggest pie, i.e. the one that has been in power for the past 12 years, and how many weren't?

How much poison is in the biggest pie, the one that makes policy/legislation?

Out of interest I wonder what happens if MI6 or whoever conclude that the government is not acting in the national interest? Obviously I'm not saying that's the case, just interested.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Finally, I think you may be getting it.

Putin has had his dirty fingers in all the pies, he would be silly not to once he started. The question you have to ask yourself is how many of his fat fingers were in the biggest pie, i.e. the one that has been in power for the past 12 years, and how many weren't?

How much poison is in the biggest pie, the one that makes policy/legislation?

Out of interest I wonder what happens if MI6 or whoever conclude that the government is not acting in the national interest? Obviously I'm not saying that's the case, just interested.

Yes indeed, since the golden visas were issued in the late 2000s it seems fingers of all the usual suspects have fingers in some naughty pies.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
What, that the Cuban Missile crisis where the Americans were somewhat agitated by the installation of nuclear-armed Soviet missiles on Cuba, just 90 miles from U.S. shores. In a TV address on October 22, 1962, President John F. Kennedy (1917-63) notified Americans about the presence of the missiles, explained his decision to enact a naval blockade around Cuba and made it clear the U.S. was prepared to use military force if necessary to neutralize this perceived threat to national security but Rog thinks it was in Turkey?

Short answer no and whilst I’m perhaps guilty of shocking grammar didn’t they teach you at school to start sentences with a capital letter?

blimey, soz. i didn't realise that you can't understand english;

as you were, navylark

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Maybe get the thread back on track with somewhat more current issues like cakes and awarding peerages to families of KGB spies, rather than things you did 25 years ago and now wish you hadn't :rolleyes:

Keir Starmer Calls For Intelligence and Security Committee Investigation Into Lebedev Peerage

The Sunday Times reported the Prime Minister went ahead with the nomination of Lebedev, the son of an ex-KGB agent and owner of the Evening Standard and Independent, even after intelligence officials had raised concerns about him.The House of Lords Appointments Commission (Holac), which vets peerages, wrote to the prime minister in 2020 advising him against granting Lebedev a seat in the Lords. Johnson is reported to have responded to the advice by claiming: “This is anti-Russianism."

https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/keir-starmer-calls-for-intelligence-and-security-investigation-into-lebedev-peerage

Amazing the amount of time Johnson spent when Covid was raging to try and reverse a recommendation by the security services that it would be inappropriate to make Lebedev a lord.

I thought it was just his divorce that he was sorting out during the Cobra meetings. Why did he care so much about giving him a peerage?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports