[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
What sort of party are we talking about exactly ?
Why has it taken nearly a year to come to the surface ?

A classic plot against Boris ?

Regards
DF

Scum will eventually come to the surface … the man’s a **** and should be treated as such.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Please don’t tell me “be off with you”, that’s starting to sound a little aggressive, not your normal style I’d hasten to add.

Why have all these people asked you to write on their behalf?

Are you their spokesperson, I only ask as of all the c & psted emails to various MPs on here yours is the only one on behalf of others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Still disappointing..... as I have written before, I enjoy debate and am reluctant to consider people are just trolling - even you; that is why I respond.

Last chance (and I hope I don't regret responding in good faith).... Why not look back at my earlier response? If you do you will learn the answer to your question. But please explain why it is of any interest to you.

Why don't you keep to the thread topic? What's the matter with you?

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Tory meltdown incoming...

Ecstatic because it doesn't make me look like a complete idiot :thumbsup:

Well if by “voting for him” twice you mean Johnson you’ll have to point out, apart from December 2019 when I voted for him?

And I should add I’m not a member of the Tory Party so certainly didn’t vote for him as leader..

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
‘My brother-in-law died around the time of the party’
It’s all an absolute disgrace with the government and I just despair, but I would observe the rules if a lockdown was called. You’ve got to try to keep the faith. It pains me to say, but the selfish nature of what we have become as a nation, encouraged and nurtured by this Tory government over the last 10 years, breaks my heart.

My brother-in-law died around the time of the party. He had heart problems but wasn’t in bad health, and was looked after at home by my sister-in-law who is a nurse. He went into hospital, tested negative before returning home, but later tested positive and died a few days later. My sister-in-law now has long Covid. Mike , 71, retired, West Kirby

‘I’m done – there’s now no chance you’ll stop me from seeing family at Christmas’
I have severe asthma and am clinically extremely vulnerable and have always been fastidious about the rules. Now I also have a five-month-old baby. After 18 months of a new scandal every week, culminating in them literally laughing at us, I’m done. I will keep my distance from people I don’t know, I will wash my hands, I will even wear a mask. But you try to stop me from seeing family at Christmas – my daughter’s first Christmas, my nephew’s first Christmas, the first Christmas since my grandfather’s Parkinson’s diagnosis? Not a chance.

The 18 December would have been the same as every other night for me the previous nine months – sitting at home doing nothing. I’ve never liked Boris but he really must resign now. How the Tories still have any support from the public is beyond me. Liam 34, IT manager, Newcastle upon Tyne

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Still disappointing..... as I have written before, I enjoy debate and am reluctant to consider people are just trolling - even you; that is why I respond.

Last chance (and I hope I don't regret responding in good faith).... Why not look back on my earlier response? If you do you will learn the answer to your question. But please explain why it is of any interest to you.

Why don't you keep to the thread topic? What's the matter with you?

I haven’t once gone off topic, I asked you a simple question related to your email which you shared to this thread I could ask what’s the matter with you but you might consider that to be rude..

Jan 30, 2008
‘My brother-in-law died around the time of the party’
It’s all an absolute disgrace with the government and I just despair, but I would observe the rules if a lockdown was called. You’ve got to try to keep the faith. It pains me to say, but the selfish nature of what we have become as a nation, encouraged and nurtured by this Tory government over the last 10 years, breaks my heart.

My brother-in-law died around the time of the party. He had heart problems but wasn’t in bad health, and was looked after at home by my sister-in-law who is a nurse. He went into hospital, tested negative before returning home, but later tested positive and died a few days later. My sister-in-law now has long Covid. Mike , 71, retired, West Kirby

‘I’m done – there’s now no chance you’ll stop me from seeing family at Christmas’
I have severe asthma and am clinically extremely vulnerable and have always been fastidious about the rules. Now I also have a five-month-old baby. After 18 months of a new scandal every week, culminating in them literally laughing at us, I’m done. I will keep my distance from people I don’t know, I will wash my hands, I will even wear a mask. But you try to stop me from seeing family at Christmas – my daughter’s first Christmas, my nephew’s first Christmas, the first Christmas since my grandfather’s Parkinson’s diagnosis? Not a chance.

The 18 December would have been the same as every other night for me the previous nine months – sitting at home doing nothing. I’ve never liked Boris but he really must resign now. How the Tories still have any support from the public is beyond me. Liam 34, IT manager, Newcastle upon Tyne

Johnson never mentioned ANYTHING about not being able to see your family at Christmas :facepalm:

Regards
DF

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
‘The government has no respect for the public’

The news about an alleged Christmas party is truly scandalous. The government appears to have no respect at all for the public, and no care at all for what people have gone through – whether we’ve suffered a bereavement, endured Covid ourselves, lost jobs and financial security or even just muddled through trying to survive a crisis. It seems to just see it all as a game and they do not care what happens to normal people while they’re playing

If another lockdown was imposed I would be willing to comply. I understand many people won’t because the government has continually undermined its own public health message, but we are still in a pandemic and I want to do the right thing to protect myself and others from getting ill. Emma Hawley, 41, programme manager, Stockport

‘The video is the icing on the cake’
If we went into lockdown I wouldn’t be willing to. It imposes too many restrictions on our freedoms. The latest video is the icing on the cake – the government has now made lockdown even more of a divisive issue following their actions. They cannot expect to be listened to. They have attempted to manipulate the British public using health and social care as a tool, playing into our compassions, while they circumvent whatever laws they wish. They’re just annoyed they’ve been found out and it’s about to bite them in the ass.

The 18 December is my mum’s birthday and last year was the first time I’ve missed it – I was at university and just couldn’t get home to see her. It’s all well and good speaking to someone on FaceTime but it’s not the same as being around them. I think that was the hardest thing for us. Oliver, 20, politics student, London

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
see this has deteriorated in the usual ding dong between a few posters. meltdown must be off.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
It will all be forgotten in a few days, swept underneath a carpet. One person has fallen on her sword. That will do.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I haven't voted in a British election since 2006. It amuses me that some posters are seething about Boris's lies. It is trivial stuff compared to Thatcher's poll tax and Blair taking the UK into 2 illegal wars while his wife was earning millions fighting human rights cases against his government. Have you all forgotten Major's cash for questions?

johanngull

Jul 8, 2015
Not sure people saying the people at the party are dicks therefore i am now going to ignore advice and be a dick too is a very convincing excuse for deciding to be a dick.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I haven't voted in a British election since 2006. It amuses me that some posters are seething about Boris's lies. It is trivial stuff compared to Thatcher's poll tax and Blair taking the UK into 2 illegal wars while his wife was earning millions fighting human rights cases against his government. Have you all forgotten Major's cash for questions?

Whilst I sort of agree you have chosen single things that happened in a Prime Ministers tenure, the problem with Johnson and this government is that they leap from disaster to disaster almost on a daily basis, the list so far is very long and they cover it up by basically lying, same old soundbites and treating the public like fools.
It is getting silly and dangerous now as they are digging themselves such a deep hole of their own making that they will do anything to get out of it.
Plenty of past issues but Johnson and this government are by far the worst in my lifetime.
You wonder what will happen tomorrow.
Someone like Johnson will always be found out eventually because they just can't help themselves.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I'm glad you found it amusing but sightly surprised that you'd disenfranchised yourself from having an opinion since 2006. May I suggest you have a slightly more detailed look through the thread, maybe then you'll understand how desperate, heartbroken and bereft people have been. Maybe not though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports