Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
William Wragg, the MP who admitted sharing MPs' personal phone numbers with someone on a dating app, has "voluntarily" given up the Conservative whip.

He will now sit as an independent MP in the House of Commons.
But not before allowing his WiFi password to be on full view during a photoshoot.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Doesn’t this just smack of desperation now?

Attachments

• IMG_6713.jpeg
    IMG_6713.jpeg
    501.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_6712.jpeg
    IMG_6712.jpeg
    836.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6711.jpeg
    IMG_6711.jpeg
    585.3 KB · Views: 63

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Doesn’t this just smack of desperation now?
Yes, definitely. especially when Tory shill accounts are still trying to make capital out of it, and getting rounded on. I've been blocked by these for pointing out the 'protestor' was one of their own. https://twitter.com/ToryVote_

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Farmers who have their entire cropping land submerged underwater have found they are ineligible for a government flooding hardship fund – because their farms are too far from a major river.

• Angry
Reactions: abc

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
And soooooo...as expected....slippery Sunak's NHS targets have been missed again. And that is despite another fiddle to the numbers to exclude 36K community paediatric appointments.

"We still have more work to do, but our plan is working." said the lying, smug shortarse.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Yes, definitely. especially when Tory shill accounts are still trying to make capital out of it, and getting rounded on. I've been blocked by these for pointing out the 'protestor' was one of their own. https://twitter.com/ToryVote_

At least they had the gumption to include a Question Mark to avoid being done for potential libel.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Farmers who have their entire cropping land submerged underwater have found they are ineligible for a government flooding hardship fund – because their farms are too far from a major river.
At least when the waters recede the crystal clear waters won't have polluted their land

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So that’s why GBeebies are not going out of business….

I have spent a lot of years on this planet watching political groups, parties and factions over the last 50 years and in the last 5 years seen the most ridiculous, far fetched, beyond all reasonable expectations stuff from this current cabal, but that is beyond all satire and can't possibly be true. Please tell me it isn't really true. It has to be parody doesn't it ?

Please somebody post a source to show it's made up shit ???

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Oh dear me :)

"Government advertising" is obviously not party political broadcasting. It's those adverts trying to get you to join the army or teaching etc...

The Government have a budget of almost a billion to do it, not that they usually spend it all.

GBNews doesn't run it's own sales, Sky do it for them and the same adverts will end up on GBNews after the next general election.

"GB News has faced criticism for spreading anti-vaxx conspiracy theories; just £433 was spent on a single Covid-19 advert, which spent one day on air in November 2021."

Well that's good ad-sales isn't it, because why would you a place it on a channel for conspiracy theorists ?

I feel a bit let down by Byline News (and three from the top Carol) as I read their views a lot. It's actually the sort of complete non story GBNews run.

We're gonna have to used to this for a while, the media allowing their political allegiances to deeply influence their editorial. But I expected better of them.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Popbitch ran the story about GBNews redundancies today, but it's not really a GBNews story.

Advertising revenue generally has fallen off the cliff and many stations who rely on it are also making similar cuts.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh dear me :)

"Government advertising" is obviously not party political broadcasting. It's those adverts trying to get you to join the army or teaching etc...

The Government have a budget of almost a billion to do it, not that they usually spend it all.

GBNews doesn't run it's own sales, Sky do it for them and the same adverts will end up on GBNews after the next general election.

"GB News has faced criticism for spreading anti-vaxx conspiracy theories; just £433 was spent on a single Covid-19 advert, which spent one day on air in November 2021."

Well that's good ad-sales isn't it, because why would you a place it on a channel for conspiracy theorists ?

I feel a bit let down by Byline News (and three from the top Carol) as I read their views a lot. It's actually the sort of complete non story GBNews run.

We're gonna have to used to this for a while, the media allowing their political allegiances to deeply influence their editorial. But I expected better of them.
Thanks for the insight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here