[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I know it's not really news, but I actually think the Tories have lost the plot over this Rwanda issue. Not only has it mushroomed from a diversion tactic, it's become seemingly the ONE THING that Sunak is pinning his election hopes to. Beside all that, it's not even dealing with the issue at source, which should be done BEFORE the people get on the boats in France in the first place, FFS!

Then, if/when the migrants get to Rwanda, you can guarantee it will all go to shit – for them and Rwandans, too. Meanwhile the Tories will wash their hands with the whole nasty business and pretend it was nothing to do with them anymore. All the time people will STILL keep coming across the channel.

As I said, it doesn't really surprise me that yet another issue is being dealt with incompetence upon incompetence, but these are meant to be the best people lead the country.

Absolutely bonkers.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I know it's not really news, but I actually think the Tories have lost the plot over this Rwanda issue. Not only has it mushroomed from a diversion tactic, it's become seemingly the ONE THING that Sunak is pinning his election hopes to. Beside all that, it's not even dealing with the issue at source, which should be done BEFORE the people get on the boats in France in the first place, FFS!

Then, if/when the migrants get to Rwanda, you can guarantee it will all go to shit – for them and Rwandans, too. Meanwhile the Tories will wash their hands with the whole nasty business and pretend it was nothing to do with them anymore. All the time people will STILL keep coming across the channel.

As I said, it doesn't really surprise me that yet another issue is being dealt with incompetence upon incompetence, but these are meant to be the best people lead the country.

Absolutely bonkers.
No, you don't understand.

The Rwanda plan is The Will of The People™ and thus must be accomplished even if it flies in the face of things that are not The Will of The People™. Things like logic and affordability and, yes, the very efficacy of the plan itself.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No, you don't understand.

The Rwanda plan is The Will of The People™ and thus must be accomplished even if it flies in the face of things that are not The Will of The People™. Things like logic and affordability and, yes, the very efficacy of the plan itself.
One of the biggest sellers of Brexit was taking back control, and their incompetence shows there is 'no control'. In fact, Immigration has risen.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Sunak knows he is lying. The Rwanda plan broke seven laws including British law. The ECHR isn't a 'foreign court'. It includes British judges in it and it's integral to the Council of Europe, of which Britain is still a member, and the Good Friday Agreement.
We are all being gaslit big time.
I fear it'll be the next Brexit style issue, I'm not 100% convinced leaving the ECHR won't be in the Tory manifesto with this Rwanada issue being the main stick being used to push leaving it.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Ministers have been accused of throwing away taxpayers’ money “as if it were confetti” after official figures revealed that the government wasted nearly £10bn on defective or unusable personal protective equipment during the Covid crisis.

Annual accounts for the Department of Health and Social Care published on Thursday show that nearly three-quarters of the money it spent on PPE during the pandemic has been written off.

The figures show £9.9bn of the £13.6bn worth of PPE that the department bought between 2020 and 2022 was unusable or its value is now less than the government paid for it. This includes defective or unsuitable equipment as well as PPE that could not be used before its expiry date.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Ministers have been accused of throwing away taxpayers’ money “as if it were confetti” after official figures revealed that the government wasted nearly £10bn on defective or unusable personal protective equipment during the Covid crisis.

Annual accounts for the Department of Health and Social Care published on Thursday show that nearly three-quarters of the money it spent on PPE during the pandemic has been written off.

The figures show £9.9bn of the £13.6bn worth of PPE that the department bought between 2020 and 2022 was unusable or its value is now less than the government paid for it. This includes defective or unsuitable equipment as well as PPE that could not be used before its expiry date.
Yeah, but what if we’d had Jeremy Corbyn ?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Pure gold... :D

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I fear it'll be the next Brexit style issue, I'm not 100% convinced leaving the ECHR won't be in the Tory manifesto with this Rwanada issue being the main stick being used to push leaving it.
They would be mad to put it in their manifesto, there's so many ways to pick holes in that policy.

So you're probably right

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh, by the way, if you want a good laugh, look at Nicola Sturgeon's WhatsApp messages being revealed at the Covid Enquiry today.
Full fact reveals only calling Boris Johnson a f***** clown is true. The other insults were from a parody account and not true.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We are being robbed blind. Water Companies can pay out dividends without actually doing their job.

The swamp must be drained.

And here in the UK, we have a real swamp. Full of tory grifters and carpetbaggers, all slithering behind the gas light, illuminating fake tropes, like woke, illegal migrants, and the borders. They have even forgotten about the threat of the unions, apart from the learned society of physicians, the BMA, which the BBC have been instructed to describe as the Doctors' Union. The utter, utter ****s.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Full fact reveals only calling Boris Johnson a f***** clown is true. The other insults were from a parody account and not true.

Thanks for posting the the real version, easy to get sucked into a headline on social media and re post it 😉

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Four Rwandans were granted refugee status in the UK over “well-founded” fears of persecution at the same time as the government was arguing in court and parliament that the east African country was a safe place to send asylum seekers.

Delicious.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Four Rwandans were granted refugee status in the UK over “well-founded” fears of persecution at the same time as the government was arguing in court and parliament that the east African country was a safe place to send asylum seekers.

Delicious.
I suspect they might well be a minister pulling out of Laura Kuenssberg’s show tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports