Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Thanks for your input. Please will you comment on what you think the 'real questions' actually are? For me a picture is emerging of utter confusion and incompetence at the heart of government and a leadership indifferent to the demise of a lot of vulnerable fellow citizens. It may take a lot of time and money but exposing it will hopefully start the process of reconstructing our terminally broken political structures....and that is fundamental to all of us going forward.
im glad we're having an inquiry to highlight this, everyone at the time thought Johnson was completely competent and handled everything with diligence. 🙄
mostly we're hearing selected snippets that confirm bias, while nothing is actually done to address known issues. in 3 years time we'll have a large report with hundreds of recommendations that the government of the day will take years to chew through.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
im glad we're having an inquiry to highlight this, everyone at the time thought Johnson was completely competent and handled everything with diligence. 🙄
mostly we're hearing selected snippets that confirm bias, while nothing is actually done to address known issues. in 3 years time we'll have a large report with hundreds of recommendations that the government of the day will take years to chew through.

Of course everyone who had read anything about Johnson knew. We all know what the issue is, but I'm not sure how you address the fact that 50% of the electorate are more stupid than the average person but still have a vote :wink:

If we choose to elect a moron to run the country, what else can a report do other than highlight it :shrug:

Personally, I think a benign dictatorship is the way ahead :lolol:

worthingweird

Mar 8, 2023
Of course everyone who had read anything about Johnson knew. We all know what the issue is, but I'm not sure how you address the fact that 50% of the electorate are more stupid than the average person but still have a vote :wink:

If we choose to elect a moron to run the country, what else can a report do other than highlight it :shrug:

Should 100% stuck with Boris...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What is essential about gossip?

The last three days only highlighted how nobody really knew what to do.

Other countries have already wrapped it all up

Congratulations. That's the best interpretation of 'they're all the same' that I have heard in a long time :wink:

You obviously missed the bit where the scientists explained that the 'narcissistic orgy' (the words from No 10, not mine) at the heart of Government were completely incapable of understanding simple scientific concepts, figures and statistics.

Yep, nobody really knew what to do :facepalm:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Congratulations. That's the best interpretation of 'they're all the same' that I have heard in a long time :wink:

You obviously missed the bit where the scientists explained that the 'narcissistic orgy' (the words from No 10, not mine) at the heart of Government were completely incapable of understanding simple scientific concepts, figures and statistics.

I don't recall Labour screaming from the rooftops exclaiming 'THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT, YOU FOOLS'.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

idea has merit, tricky finding that benign dictator without the power corrupting them.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
It would have been fairly pointless shouting because there were in opposition and had no influence, given the majority you and your associates had given Johnson :dunce:
Great answer.

I DO look forward to next year when Starmer makes a manifesto and puts the country to rights, and there SHALL be honey still for tea.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Great answer.

I DO look forward to next year when Starmer makes a manifesto and puts the country to rights, and there SHALL be honey still for tea.

I really genuinely hope that you aren't as disappointed as you have been by Brexit, Johnson, Truss and Sunak. Maybe have a little think this time before you go 'all in' :wink:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

You seem incapable of seeing what has been said other than what we already knew about Johnson etc, even when it has happened in the last 3 days

Whitty/Van Tam/Vallance have all given different answers to what they were saying should happen at the start and in some cases contradicts what they actually said during the time.

No one is claiming Johnson etc were not clowns, but there was difference of opinion at the time and not one clear voice.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You seem incapable of seeing what has been said other than what we already knew about Johnson etc, even when it has happened in the last 3 days

Whitty/Van Tam/Vallance have all given different answers to what they were saying should happen at the start and in some cases contradicts what they actually said during the time.

No one is claiming Johnson etc were not clowns, but there was difference of opinion at the time and not one clear voice.

That will be because they are scientists and will have different views on the information in front of them. 'Experts' and their expertise are essential to complex decisions, but that's as far as it goes, because it's complicated, hence very clever people spend their lives trying to understand it.

So, are we 'fed up with experts' or 'being led by science'. Shirley it can't be both, but that's why you need decision makers :shrug:

In the field I worked in, I worked with some absolutely superb 'experts' who wouldn't agree on the most basic of things, but were superb at what they did. Which was why I listened very closely to what they said, and then made my decisions :wink:

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
That will be because they are scientists and will have different views on the information in front of them. 'Experts' and their expertise are essential to complex decisions, but that's as far as it goes.

So, are we 'fed up with experts' or 'being led by science'. Shirley it can't be both :shrug:
Nice backtrack

Back on ignore you go

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
In the field I worked in, I worked with some absolutely superb 'experts' who wouldn't agree on the most basic of things, but were superb at what they did. Which was why I listened very closely to what they said, and then made my decisions :wink:
No surprise at all to me that you were headhunted.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I don't recall Labour screaming from the rooftops exclaiming 'THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT, YOU FOOLS'.
When Johnson was dithering over the first lockdown, Labour were in the middle of a leadership contest. Once Kier Starmer was installed, Labour acted like a wartime opposition, and were supportive of Covid related measures as far as they felt possible, despite that, Labour were calling for the second lock down weeks earlier than it was introduced.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
When Johnson was dithering over the first lockdown, Labour were in the middle of a leadership contest. Once Kier Starmer was installed, Labour acted like a wartime opposition, and were supportive of Covid related measures as far as they felt possible, despite that, Labour were calling for the second lock down weeks earlier than it was introduced.
And willing to keep in place for the next five years.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Great answer.

Starmer is not the messiah, but he would have to be a very, very, very naughty boy to give us a worse ride than the current Tory Party would.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here