Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Fantastic speech from Rishi! It was Aspirational for his grandparents to come to the UK for a better life..but migrants fleeing war, poverty and persecution not so good today ?...Absolutely shameful that Starner changes his mind about anything but, it's brave, decision making when Sunak cancels HS2 ? ...a bit naff trumpeting our national multicultural status while his Home Secretary deplores it ? ...so, so much to look forward to as Rishi puts right the last 13 years of his government...a lot to deliver in the months he has left in office.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sunaks joke at nicola sturgess’s expense may come back to bite him as she hasn’t been charged with anything, whilst he was charged and convicted of 2 things.

the press will be all over this

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Their channel isn't having a good day.

Lawrence Fox finally sacked and he was arrested at his home in Stockwell this morning for an unrelated reason.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Not sure if Sunak, as the leader and current Prime Minister, of a party which has been in charge for 13 years and overseen scandal after scandal, financial calamities, an oven-ready Brexit deal (whilst forgetting to turn the oven on) and has forced out two (or is it three?) previous Tory Prime Ministers through infighting and backstabbing, is particularly wise in emphatically saying "it's time for a change".

I do agree though. It is indeed time for a change mate.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Oh, they'd be blaming a Labour government if it had been in power for the last few years; but when it's a Tory government...silence!

I still encounter people who are silent about the £ billions spaffed since Covid, but who bang on about Gordon Brown selling our gold reserves.

The same people, I expect, who tell us to 'move on from' the Johnson/Truss premierships, but who will then remind us about the 2008 crash, or 1978-79 'winter of discontent', when Labour was in power.

I've never worked out whether a lot of Tory voters are total hypocrites or just completely thick?
Well it’s the age old question trotted out time after time: “would you trust Labour with the economy?”
personally I think Rachel Reeves would run rings around Jeremy Hunt. She is a competent economist……. Not saying Jeremy Hunt isn’t.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well it’s the age old question trotted out time after time: “would you trust Labour with the economy?”
personally I think Rachel Reeves would run rings around Jeremy Hunt. She is a competent economist……. Not saying Jeremy Hunt isn’t.

She's a fully trained economist who has worked in the City and for the Bank of England.

Hunt is a businessman who founded (and sold for millions) Hot Courses.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Their channel isn't having a good day.

Lawrence Fox finally sacked and he was arrested at his home in Stockwell this morning for an unrelated reason.
As was Calvin Robinson (pretend vicar) I believe the arrest of Fox is related to his alleged threats to cut down ULEZ cameras with an angle grinder.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As was Calvin Robinson (pretend vicar) I believe the arrest of Fox is related to his alleged threats to cut down ULEZ cameras with an angle grinder.

Some of the 20 mph signs round our way have been vandalised this week, this IMO is down to the Tories stoking culture wars.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Go get them Chris!!

Sunak has been chastened a couple of times for making announcements to the press instead of Parliament.
Now he is making decisions before Parliament has agreed or the committees.

We are in a virtual dictatorship where Parliament is supposed to be sovereign (remember the sovereignty, the leavers desperately wanted) but the PM thinks he can do what he likes.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Some of the 20 mph signs round our way have been vandalised this week, this IMO is down to the Tories stoking culture wars.
So environmentalists temporarily blocking roads are deemed to be anti-social criminals who deserve to be locked-up. but motoring Gammons who vandalise speed-limit signs and ULEZ cameras are freedom-fighting heroes according to the self-proclaimed Party of law-and-order.

Hypocritical scum

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

This is utterly outrageous, tying the hands of future government when they (as they inevitably will) revise the scheme. Hopefully someone uses this as an excuse to route HS2 right through Rishi Sunak's front room.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here