Tories have taken Crawley

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I dunno. It's full of taxpayers fed up with Labour lies, spin, deceit, waste and inaction.

Seems like prime Tory country to me.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
dougdeep said:
Hardly the kind of town that you would expect to be blue.

It was Tory until Boundary changes a few Elections ago.

Apart from the Hawth and the Shopping Centre it's a horrible place full of pretty horrible people.

Crawley Cobbler

Mar 31, 2004
Crawley
I'm starting to believe you there. It seems I'm surrounded by sodding Tories.

Surely they aren't all too young to remember Thatcher? (Or so old that they think the Tories can still be taken seriously).

There are certainly issues you can criticise Labour on, but would the Tories be better on any of them?

- Iraq. Don't tell me they wouldn't have been even further up GWB's arse.

- Health service/public services in general. Hmm. I think they'd have all been sold or just closed down.

Sleaze. At least only 40% of them are crooked, compared to 90% of the Tories.

Oh and as for the economy? Stable, low inflation, strong pound v Black Wednesday and 15 per cent mortgages?

Oh, and Tilgate Park is nice.

Last edited:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Oceanic said:
I expect all the residents got fed up with the Labour politically correct brigade. The Muslim mosque is opposite my works, it consists of a bungalow, a garage with tarpaulins over it, 300-400 every day cram into the place and after taking a better look I noticed the mosque is situated down Martyrs avenue, you couldn’t make it if you tried, not surprised wonder the Tories have won.

What is your point? Are you worried that these 300-400 people are a bit cramped and maybe a two bed-semi would better for their worshipping?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports