Torguay v Brighton *Official* Match Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Are you Ernest in disguise ? Are you Ernest in disguise ?

no its just i feel we not got the players to progress out this league..we have not one player that stands out...or who is worth anything... and trust me slade wont last the 2 yrs he has signed up to !!!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
from the torquay match report from thier angle

There was a moment for pre-season madness in the 73rd minute when Brighton sub Craig Davies reacted to a firm challenge by Mark Ellis and used his forehead to make his point! Davies was sent off and Ellis was shown a yellow card for his reaction. All probably unnecessary but if you give the referee little option he can only apply the rules.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not fussed about the result but its the lack of goals and chances that is causing a bit of concern, bit worrying. Expect Davies to be suspended but all depends on the ref and his report. From the report on Seagulls world sounds like Davies was getting a bit of kicking from the minute he came on bit out of order in a friendly week or so before the season

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As it was a straight red which brings an automatic 3 match ban wont the games be v Scunthorpe, Walsall and Swansea or will it start with Walsall and include Brentford.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
what the hell happened to tunnicliffe, looks like hulk?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Pre season,'well it is only a friendly'.
Halfway through, 'they just haven't gelled, there's plenty of time left'.
12 games to go,'I'm getting a little concerned now'.
3 games to go,'oh s**t not again!'

Lets hope history dosen't repeat itself.
:nono:

Sorry I cannot agree with those who say that it is only a friendly & not to be too concerned about defeats. There is a pattern emerging here, not scoring goals, conceding & a lack of initiative. More worrying is that our trend is not getting any better.

Whilst this time last year I was full of anticipation at the start of the season, I see nothing other than a long hard season.

I hope I am wrong, however after the first 3 league games without a win, I can see the panic button being pressed!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Look at the teams he put out in each half, neither are what I'd say is our strongest team and both contained a number of trialists, Slade is obviously still trying to see who can play togeather although he's cutting it a bit fine given that we've only got one friendly left.

I still refuse to judge any game where most of the team gets changed halfway through.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Jeez you guys are something else. Judge Slade and the team on real matches. End Of.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Jeez you guys are something else. Judge Slade and the team on real matches. End Of.

I agree, but that does not change the fact that last night, was a) the worst game of football i have ever seen. b) the worst i have ever seen the Albion play (i know we changed our side around alot, but throughout the 90minutes we looked VERY poor.)

only highlight of the evening was getting a photo of my brother with Adam el Abd, as they look identical. Funny stuff. :yahoo:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Has anyone ever seen a correlation in friendly results (or performances) and the subsequent season? I can't say I have. Over the past 15 years, I've seen us pre-season playing shit/average/genius and then having a shit/average/genius season. i.e. perm any of those 9 combinations.

It's all about getting the players match fit really because there are simply too many other variables to draw any conclusions, IMO.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Training matches they may be, but loss after loss doesn't exactly fill you with confidence does it. I understand it's all about fitness, but it would be nice to see some partnerships beginning to develop and some decent passages of play.

Still, there is always Scunthorpe!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Training matches they may be, but loss after loss doesn't exactly fill you with confidence does it. I understand it's all about fitness, but it would be nice to see some partnerships beginning to develop and some decent passages of play.

Still, there is always Scunthorpe!

Agreed;andwhatever he says,I bet Russell is just a teeny weeny bit disappointed in the displays so far!!??

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Well, of course it would be nice to see some decent results/partnerships, it would be nice for me to shag Jordan, or for the Taxman to actually meet Tiffany, the world is full of impossibilities.

Wholesale changes have been made to the team, more so than we have seen for a long while. No manager in the world will have them playing good football together in just a few games.

It comes down to trust and belief.

Tell me (Neo), Do You Believe?

I do !

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It was a good competitive friendly, I think it was excellent preperation for the coming season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports