Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Top Iranian military commander killed by air strikes

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
While at the same time secretly selling arms to Iran and using the profits to fund death squads in Nicaragua.

Valid point. Win/Win for the financial backers of POTUS.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
American officials consider General Suleimani responsible for the deaths of hundreds of soldiers during the Iraq war, when he provided Iraqi insurgents with advanced bomb-making equipment and training. They also say he has masterminded destabilizing Iranian activities that continue throughout the Middle East and are aimed at the United States, Israel and Saudi Arabia.

“General Suleimani was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region,” the Pentagon said in a statement. “General Suleimani and his Quds Force were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American and coalition service members and the wounding of thousands more.”

It did not elaborate on the specific intelligence that led them to carry out General Suleimani’s killing. The highly classified mission was set in motion after the American contractor’s death on Dec. 27 during a rocket attack by an Iranian-backed militia, a senior American official said.

Not sure which way to feel but those Iranian leaders can be pretty rotten. Hate Trump though. You never know where the truth lies with him either.

Well the Americans would say that while painting white there own actions

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Yay! It's #FreeBetFriday!!!

Twitter.png

Hooray for #FreeBetFriday!!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I bet John Bolton is... Which makes it all rather weird, Trump forced Bolton out precisely because Bolton was angling for war with Iran and Trump didn't want that. And now this

one might conclude this as intelligence led operation for these reasons. Trump for his faults has been relativly non-interventionist.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thinking about it, and I'm not really sure but..... travelling back yesterday afternoon from France with pals, each car was given an A4 sheet of paper explaining that there would be armed " Sea Marshal " patrols onboard our ferry sailing. Never encountered this before and lo, there were two three person patrols, one Gendarmerie and one French Army all with side arms and automatic rifles, quite scary in fact. The flyer said there was no need to be disturbed and the patrols were not in a response to any specific threat, just a general ramping up of security for our " reassurance".

Now today we see a leading Iranian assassinated and a series of stabbings in Paris again...… coincidence ?

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
I bet John Bolton is... Which makes it all rather weird, Trump forced Bolton out precisely because Bolton was angling for war with Iran and Trump didn't want that. And now this

Bolton's already made his feelings aware on twitter.

Trump's looking for his "Hoorah" moment; flexing his muscles ahead of the impeachment and 2020 election. Unfortunately for the world. The Democrats don't look like challenging him in the next election.

Thinking about it, and I'm not really sure but..... travelling back yesterday afternoon from France with pals, each car was given an A4 sheet of paper explaining that there would be armed " Sea Marshal " patrols onboard our ferry sailing. Never encountered this before and lo, there were two three person patrols, one Gendarmerie and one French Army all with side arms and automatic rifles, quite scary in fact. The flyer said there was no need to be disturbed and the patrols were not in a response to any specific threat, just a general ramping up of security for our " reassurance".

Now today we see a leading Iranian assassinated and a series of stabbings in Paris again...… coincidence ?

Unlikely to be related. Most acts of islamic terrorism are from Sunnis, not Shi'tes. Also, France has a serious problem; likely to be a coincidence. French military heavily involved in Mali at the moment.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What keeps you in Power are ''short victorious wars'' - However, given that Trump only needs to get past the next US Election that is what he is aiming for. The only issue for him now is though. He has picked a fight with the wrong Nation.

Iran is a sort of law unto itself - In that region they are very powerful and they could strike at other smaller Muslim Nations in that region who support the US and virtually wipe them off the face of the earth. They could also start to fund Terrorism around the world and if they do that then it lands on everyones doorstep around the World.

It's easy to point at Trump but the military-industrial complex is far more powerful than any president which is why they are always at war regardless of who is the elected marrionett.

As for Iran it's very hard for them to wipe anyone off the planet. According to their intelligence services, the Saud family is Jewish so dealing with them would likely mean they would also be in direct conflict with Israel and therefore the US. I don't think they are willing to start off that way. Other gulf states possibly yes, but they all have great American military presence. Far from easy takes.

I think for now they will more or less sit back and wait for the Qatar-Saudi conflict to create some kind of opportunity for them to get involved less directly.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No word yet from Johnson ? Has Cummings not bothered to distract our Prime Minister from his Christmas gorging ? A serious world crisis is nigh and ….. nothing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's easy to point at Trump but the military-industrial complex is far more powerful than any president which is why they are always at war regardless of who is the elected marrionett.

As for Iran it's very hard for them to wipe anyone off the planet. According to their intelligence services, the Saud family is Jewish so dealing with them would likely mean they would also be in direct conflict with Israel and therefore the US. I don't think they are willing to start off that way. Other gulf states possibly yes, but they all have great American military presence. Far from easy takes.

I think for now they will more or less sit back and wait for the Qatar-Saudi conflict to create some kind of opportunity for them to get involved less directly.

Expect a few tankers to end up " straying " into Iranian waters, fill yer petrol tank while you can !

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
He's acted like an unstable dictator since the day he was elected. His own people have no idea what decree he's going to issue next, and spend all their time trying to rein him in.

Seems to me the GOP have stopped trying to rein him in. And when it comes to the impeachment hearings in the Senate many have already indicated they will find in Trumps favour without even having listened to the evidence. Senators are supposed to be impartial - like they were in the Nixon and Clinton hearings.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
US Embassy in Baghdad urging all US citizens to leave Iraq immediately, via airline if possible or failing that to other countries by land. I'd be proper cacking it now if I was stuck over there.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Have to wait and see if Soleimani really was responsible for many US deaths. I understand that many Iraqi's are concerned with Iranian influence in the area too so it is still a country split.

Not sure what Iran can do about it apart from complain to the United Nations.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

This is 100% Electioneering by Trump - Everyone with half a brain know it.

Saying that about 50% of trump Voter don't have half a brain - So the Iranians could ''box clever'' here and just not respond at all.

They could simply condemn it and not respond in any way with force. Just state that they are a nation of Peace and that Trump is a ''war monger'' and that they won't rise to his ''bait''. That way there would be no ''rallying cry'' to the Trump Voters without that half a brain. Then if he then goes on to try and provoke even more then more people will see it for what it is.

If Iran don't respond then guaranteed he will do something else to try and provoke them in the next 11 months. Thats all they need to try and hold out for

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
All civilised nations should unite against Trump IMHO. The orange muppet is a far bigger threat to world peace than any of the so-called rogue states.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

I would think it's a coincidence or at least a red herring. Without any research I would not think there has been Iranian/Shiite terror plots in the EU for a couple of decades and not many at all since the 1980's. I

The only recent attacks I can think of were the 2 excellent efforts at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here