Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear's new hosts

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Guy Martin may be a non starter if he faces prosecution and is then banned for this .....

GUY Martin is facing a police probe after admitting to driving a sports car at 180mph through a 40mph zone.
The TT racer admitted to breaking the speed limit through a small village on the Isle of Man in his review of the new Aston Martin Vanquish Carbon.
The 33-year-old wrote in the Sunday Times Driving section: ‘I saw 180mph down Sulby Straight, one of the fastest sections on the TT course, and the car wasn’t even in top gear.’

Martin added: ‘About 17 miles into the lap there’s a corner called Ballacrye, a fast left out of the village of Ballaugh.
‘On this Sunday morning I just got around it with the accelerator flat to the floor. There’s a jump after the corner, and the car was off the ground, all the lights flashing on the dash telling me everything was dropping off. It fishtailed when it landed,’

The review caught the attention of police who have confirmed they will be looking into the incident, which saw Guy Martin allegedly hit over four times the speed limit.

Isle of Man Inspector Derek Flint, said: ‘We are making some inquiries.’

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle...eeds-on-public-roads/26568.html#ixzz3ZTt4EQZa

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I know it's not the right view to have but something just seems false and forced a bout women talking about cars. Sorry but I feel the same about football. Just cringeworthy.

Come on Nibble, you're better than that.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Hope it's also the end of putting a boring star in a boring car section

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
and May advises in the article that “Me and Hammond with a surrogate Jeremy is a non-starter, it just wouldn’t work. That would be lame, or ‘awks’ as young people say.”
It was lame with Jeremy.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What a shocking waste of £4.6 million THAT would be.

IMO, like.

On a subjective level, agree 100%. You could find someone young and fresh, and entertaining to do it for a fraction of the cost.

From the BBC's commercial point of view though, they'll be weighing up whether the outlay increases their chances of holding onto the tens of millions the show brings in from overseas buyers.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
On a subjective level, agree 100%. You could find someone young and fresh, and entertaining to do it for a fraction of the cost.

From the BBC's commercial point of view though, they'll be weighing up whether the outlay increases their chances of holding onto the tens of millions the show brings in from overseas buyers.

Exactly, hence the 'IMO' bit.

I've got a hunch about what the BBC *might* do, but whichever direction, they are going to be open to abuse from people.

As for the other three, I'm not sure they are bigger than the brand itself. Different era, but you look at the guys before them, and what they are doing with their lives, and it's not a patch on TG (status-wise).

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Apparently they are going to do guest hosts each week. Best option is probably to ignore the BBC version and watch Top Gear 2.0 which is blatantly what Clarkson Capt Slow and the Hamster will end up producing on Sky or Netflix.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Apparently they are going to do guest hosts each week. Best option is probably to ignore the BBC version and watch Top Gear 2.0 which is blatantly what Clarkson Capt Slow and the Hamster will end up producing on Sky or Netflix.

He's not even a real hamster.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I would have thought a more likely destination for a new Clarkson, Hammond and May show would be Netflix or Amazon Prime. Neither need advertising revenue and are likely to see an increase in subscribers from the Top Gear fan base if the show ended up on either service.

Scenes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here