Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear is back

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I turned off the moment they switched to the south africa challenge, I had already had a belly ache of Evans making sarcastic remarks back at this critics instead of gracefully accepting it, But as the ginger **** can't take criticism in any form, The stupid comment about top gear's 1st tour, obvously meant to be a cheap shot at clarkson's Grand tour, Well, I've had enough. For someone like me and millions of other die hard fans who were prepared to give it chance, Sorry, But that's enough for me.

Anybody who thinks this is getting better is choosing to watch this through the eyes of evans. and With pathetic glasses on.
The **** will never grow up. And as for coming into the studio on a freaking hospital bed, OH MY GOD!.
Bye bye!.

So you didn't like it?

*For the record I used to love the old Top Gear, but haven't watched the new one yet....seems a bit of a harsh reaction though from GF. Its just a TV programme FFS!

Attachments

• vic.jpg
    vic.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 413

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There are people that can't stand Evans and won't watch just for that reason. However, there are probably just as many who couldn't stand Clarkson but are now watching again, me included.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Lost 1.6 million viewers on last week.

Not seen it yet, last weeks was terrible though .

Missed last weeks but saw yesterdays.

Made me smile, which is exactly what I want a Sunday evening programme to do so I forget about going to work on Monday.

Will watch again.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Yes it was a lot better but, that wasn't difficult. Hopefully the Evans and his team will listen to the critics/doubters and take on board and change accordingly, if they do no reason why this can't work and be a great success.

As a Top Gear fan I hope it is.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The less they have Evans and Le Blanc on the better.

Looking forward to the 2 new guys next week :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Lost 1.6 million viewers on last week.

Not seen it yet, last weeks was terrible though .

Not massively surprising.

What is strange is why they didn't kick-off the series with last night's show which was clearly considerably stronger. "You only have one chance to make a first impression" etc etc, and they kinda blew it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Really don't get the TFI-inspired car comparison game between the celebs. It's bizarre.

Le Blanc comes into his own on the short films and is naturally good. Where the huge benefit of the previous presenters scripted scenes really showed was that each of them had a DEFINED personality. Sure, it was sculpted by the producers and script writers but as a viewer you knew the relationship. May was sensible and would do things properly. Clarkson would ruin them. Hammond would complain about everything. It worked.

Here, I don't think it's as scripted but because of that, you've got two guys who aren't lifetime friends doing friend-type adventures together. Ironically, Eddie Jordan was the most defined as "the silly older bloke".

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I liked it. Evans is terrible at voice overs though.

I thought Jenson Button's cameo in the McClaren was very good. They should get him to do more stuff(if they can), he was relaxed, informative, clearly having fun and very natural.

Minimise Evans's reviews/voiceovers(anything too scripted, really), ditch the stig and replace him with Jenson Button and the show will be fine.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
With the exception of Evans screeching his way through the 1st 10 mins, this was much improved on last week. LeBlanc is growing into the presenting gig (was a bit stiff and obviously scripted last week) and really came into his own for the S. Africa tour. I actually really enjoyed the S. Africa part.

Don't understand why they've decided to cram as many people as they have into the Star in a Rally-Cross Car section though. Seems overcrowded and Damien Lewis was lost a bit amongst the other guests.

Evans just need to calm down a bit

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I found it no less entertaining than many of the last couple of series with clarkson et al. In fact probably more so, it had become more than a bit predictable.A good second episode overall

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Sorry, I'm not seeing it. Having seen last weeks abomination I had high hopes for this week after reading this thread this morning.

It was more of the same for me, though prettier to look at as South Africa is far more spectacular than Blackpool, even Bexhill is prettier than Blackpool so not hard to beat.

The Mclaren segment was painful watching Until Button popped in for 5 minutes and showed Evens how to drive, and worryingly how to present.

I like LeBlanc, thought he'd be good when I heard he'd got this job but he just sounds bored.

The Star who drives through a puddle segment is soooooo dull, it was the dullest part of Clarksons show. Seriously, does anybody look forward to the Star in a car bit? Nah. Dump it!

Sharleen Spiteri (who's rocked the same haircut for 25 years) added nothing, Eddie Jordan was ok'ish, the other bloke I've never heard of but now know he loves Zebra's, and Seasick Steve was also forgettable. They only got them involved as this 3 lot of middle aged men would have looked a poor substitute for the former 3 middle aged men on this film shoot.

I really thought they were going to revamp this show, Clarksons Top Gear was stale 2 series ago but this is just the same, though worse.

I will plod on with this new series but they have to consider dumping Evans. His presenting style is only fit for the old broom cupboard with Ed the Duck and Gordon the Gopher on CBBC.

4/10

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I think Evans would do better to rein his neck in a bit (although he never has in the past). His tweets defending the viewing numbers are starting to look a bit desperate. In summary he is saying more people watch later in the week at their Iplayer leisure, than watch live. Which I am pretty sure is true, or at least could be. But what he actually says....

The way Top Gear is being viewed is repositioning the way television is consumed. Last week 9 millions viewers. This week we shall see.

So Top Gear is the reason Iplayer exists? Who knew?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I think Evans would do better to rein his neck in a bit (although he never has in the past). His tweets defending the viewing numbers are starting to look a bit desperate. In summary he is saying more people watch later in the week at their Iplayer leisure, than watch live. Which I am pretty sure is true, or at least could be. But what he actually says....

The way Top Gear is being viewed is repositioning the way television is consumed. Last week 9 millions viewers. This week we shall see.

So Top Gear is the reason Iplayer exists? Who knew?

In fairness, it was a cracking day yesterday, I know I wasn't sat in front of the telly with the sun still out in the evening.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In fairness, it was a cracking day yesterday, I know I wasn't sat in front of the telly with the sun still out in the evening.

Same here. I taped it, watched it at about 11.

I have to physically DRAG myself in from the garden when the weathers decent. There's nothing on the tellybox that can ever tempt me indoors.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I watched it last night. It was much improved. Evans seemed much less annoying, maybe because of Eddie taking the part of top prat. Loved the McLaren section though.
Would like to see Chris Harris as a presenter still.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm halfway through the latest episode on iPlayer...I hoped Evans had toned down the shouting, but he's yet to do that. It still feels like a vehicle for his ego.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Jenson Buton was a revalation i thought, a complete natural and still had plenty of time to give a good car review while thrashing the pants of it.

I would be giving him the gig right now if I were the BBC, lets face it, its probably his last year in F1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here