Mar 10, 2013
Thought it was alright, easy watching, its not supposed to be a serious show

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I thought there was going to be a cock waving contest when Gordon Ramsey showed up, he started bragging about his Ferrari and ordering a new limited edition one, Chris ' I've got six Ferraris ' Evans didn't actually say much.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I thought there was going to be a cock waving contest when Gordon Ramsey showed up, he started bragging about his Ferrari and ordering a new limited edition one, Chris ' I've got six Ferraris ' Evans didn't actually say much.

"Star in a reasonably priced car" to be replaced by a game of bellend conkers ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just watching it, it seems a shame Evans is trying to mimic what has happened before, why ?

Le Blanc is much better, far more relaxed and actually funny.

It has potential to carry on where it was

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Read in the week that the BBC had to add canned laughter to the show to cover the awkward silences

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I don't know if anyone saw the spinoff show but the two presenters on there were quite good, the whole thing seemed alot more laid back, maybe they should of had them and Sabine presenting the main show rather than a big name.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I really don't get the hate for the new lot, I'm a massive fan of the old show because I like what they do! It's an entertaining, funny tv programme. It's not meant to be serious, who cares if Evens shouts (something he mentioned at the beginning of this 2nd show) if you don't like it then watch the news or something?

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Read in the week that the BBC had to add canned laughter to the show to cover the awkward silences

The Sun seems to have in for Evans at the moment. They seem to have spent the last few weeks either pushing stories about his behaviour (many of which are very old and he has already admitted to being an idiot back in the day) or finding negatives with the show.

The fact that Clarkson is one of their star columnists can only be a coincidence.

Tonight's show was okay - better than last week but still the same formula as it has been for years. I got tired of the old team and the same old gags (oh, I accidentally crashed into you again) so it will be interesting to see how this lot settle down.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Thought taking the 3 guests on the trip to South Africa was something different and an improvement on the stale jokes from the previous show,

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
For what it's worth, the second week was better than the first week.

Actually I quite enjoyed it and liked the idea of the guest drivers in South Africa instead on the normal willy waving contest when on tour.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Much,much better than last week in my opinion. I think it will continue to improve. As previously mentioned,if you don't like it, watch the news or something else. It's Top Gear FFS, you know roughly what you're going to get.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
I turned off the moment they switched to the south africa challenge, I had already had a belly ache of Evans making sarcastic remarks back at this critics instead of gracefully accepting it, But as the ginger **** can't take criticism in any form, The stupid comment about top gear's 1st tour, obvously meant to be a cheap shot at clarkson's Grand tour, Well, I've had enough. For someone like me and millions of other die hard fans who were prepared to give it chance, Sorry, But that's enough for me.

Anybody who thinks this is getting better is choosing to watch this through the eyes of evans. and With pathetic glasses on.
The **** will never grow up. And as for coming into the studio on a freaking hospital bed, OH MY GOD!.
Bye bye!.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They need to bin off Evans and the show might have a chance.
I Thought LeBlanc was fairly decent, though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I thought it was ok, the guests were good, and Evans doesn't impose himself on it.

Agreed. It was just easy-watching good entertaining TV. Gorgeously shot by the production team, who were given a spectacular canvas in South Africa and didn't disappoint. Some genuinely chucklesome moments, and Evans didn't actually annoy me. Matt is getting cooler, visibly more at ease with the whole thing already, and Eddie Jordan was a great addition.

Taken on its own merits, this weeks was leaps and bounds ahead of the first show. This might just be ok.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I turned off the moment they switched to the south africa challenge, I had already had a belly ache of Evans making sarcastic remarks back at this critics instead of gracefully accepting it, But as the ginger **** can't take criticism in any form, The stupid comment about top gear's 1st tour, obvously meant to be a cheap shot at clarkson's Grand tour, Well, I've had enough. For someone like me and millions of other die hard fans who were prepared to give it chance, Sorry, But that's enough for me.

Anybody who thinks this is getting better is choosing to watch this through the eyes of evans. and With pathetic glasses on.
The **** will never grow up. And as for coming into the studio on a freaking hospital bed, OH MY GOD!.
Bye bye!.

If you're determined to dislike it, then of course you will.

And yep, I thought last weeks was shit - but this weeks was a huge improvement. I dunno why you switched off at the start of the South Africa challenge, but IMO it was exactly what Top Gear is all about. Testing some vehicles in some harsh terrain, whilst showing you some of the world while they do it, with a bit of fun thrown in. It was actually decent tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here