Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Top Gear Filming Suspended

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I thought it had gone a bit quiet on the Flintoff accident.

To be honest, I've only watched one episode of the new line up.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Hold on a second, Flintoff has an accident on 14 December which he walks away from and continues to make other TV shite for. Then a full 3 months later BBC stop filming?

Not even going to mention the horrendous accidents Hamster had when filming TG and they carried on.

Not that I care because I have not got into any of the new series since Clarkson et al left.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Hold on a second, Flintoff has an accident on 14 December which he walks away from and continues to make other TV shite for. Then a full 3 months later BBC stop filming?

Not even going to mention the horrendous accidents Hamster had when filming TG and they carried on.

Not that I care because I have not got into any of the new series since Clarkson et al left.

I tried a couple of series with the new line-up. I like Chris and Freddie, they're quite enjoyable to watch. I just can't watch another second of Paddy McGuinness though, I find his shouty presenting style unbearable.

This does all sound a bit weird. There's obviously a lot they're not telling us and I'm sure it will all come out in due course.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Flintoff didn’t walk away, he was air lifted to hospital. I’m also not sure he’s made any other TV since then either. He issued a statement after the crash that he was stepping back from Tv while he recovered from his injuries, which included some very serious facial injuries. Not much has been said publicly since then. Most of the new stuff that’s he’s been in that has been on since the accident was filmed last summer and autumn.

BBC haven’t filmed any more of the Top Gear series either, filming was suspended after the accident while a health & safety review was carried out. That review has now been completed and the report is about to be made public which has lead to the announcement that filming is permanently suspended on the current series at this time. It sounds as though there is something pretty damming in the report.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I’m not sure that’s accurate. He’s not done any other tv, media - nothing on his social media’s since the accident. Something is clearly not good with this and Freddie

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Shamelessly stolen from Twitter but .... perhaps the car suffered damage on the right wing which is why the show has been cancelled.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’m not sure that’s accurate. He’s not done any other tv, media - nothing on his social media’s since the accident. Something is clearly not good with this and Freddie
He apparently suffered facial injuries that we don't know the extent of. He's not been on social media or been photographed since. It's clearly had both a physical and psychological impact on him.

If the series has been planned around Flintoff's involvement, and he can't be involved, not sure how they'd continue filming it without either a) re-writing it and maybe finding a replacement, or b) waiting to see if he can be involved to finish it.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I tried a couple of series with the new line-up. I like Chris and Freddie, they're quite enjoyable to watch. I just can't watch another second of Paddy McGuinness though, I find his shouty presenting style unbearable.

This does all sound a bit weird. There's obviously a lot they're not telling us and I'm sure it will all come out in due course.

That's the reason I just can't watch Question of Sport anymore!

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
The Directors of the BBC can be held liable I believe, if there has been a Gross Breach of the Duty of Care
As if they haven't had enough issues lately.....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nice to see so many "sympathetic" remarks on here regarding a bloke who has suffered severe physical and psychological damage from this crash.

I have a lot of time for Flintoff both as a sportsman and as a presenter. He seems a very decent chap, and I'm sad and concerned as to his wellbeing now.

Top Gear is apparently shit these days anyway though, so I suppose that's the main take from all this for some on this thread.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Nice to see so many "sympathetic" remarks on here regarding a bloke who has suffered severe physical and psychological damage from this crash.

I have a lot of time for Flintoff both as a sportsman and as a presenter. He seems a very decent chap, and I'm sad and concerned as to his wellbeing now.

Top Gear is apparently shit these days anyway though, so I suppose that's the main take from all this for some on this thread.
Totally agree about Flintoff, he comes across as a really decent bloke in pretty much everything he does. The Field of Dreams show he did about bringing cricket to areas and kids it wouldn’t normally be a sport of choice was a great series. A second series has been commissioned but that’s now on hold too.

Top Gear has picked up again since Harris, Freddie and Paddy took over, certainly miles better than when Chris Evans or Joey from Friends front the show. They work well together and they make Paddy almost tolerable for the hour it’s on. It would be a shame if it’s the end for the show but it could be hard for it to come back from this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here