Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear/Chris Evans & the BBC

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't like the idea of Chris Evans doing it, I'm worried he'll try and make what he thinks is a cool show, like TFI.

I didn't like it before anyway, with the 3 stooges making crap jokes in a warehouse full of dull geeks (and no, I never got an invite).

But I love the idea of Matt Le Blanc doing it. And the less scripted, the better.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
As a massive friends fan I'm really happy about this, can only hope he is a success. I said all along anyway, I will give both programs a chance I enjoyed top gear for what it was, even in its later more 'produced' years and so will 100% b giving it a chance when it returns.

Looking forward to both programs.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's almost like Clarkson was talking out of his backside. Surely not.

Depends on your pov. The BBC have been at the forefront of driving equality/diversity agendas so Clarkson indulges in a bit of mild exaggeration for comic effect .. all part of his unquestionable appeal to his millions of fans.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Someone (didn't catch who) on the radio just said "I might enjoy watching Top Gear with Evans and LeBlanc but as for respecting their opinions, I'll reserve judgement".

The implication being that he respected the opinion of chief bellend Clarkson and that of fawning gobshite Hammond (James May I can understand).

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Would be nice to have someone who liked motorbikes.......
Personally would have rather had the girl from the the show.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Le Blanc is likeable, Evans is not. Maybe they will balance each other out.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
_88421989_topgear1_bbc.jpg

'Chris Evans is currently filming a new series of Top Gear with a new line-up of presenters that includes Matt LeBlanc and Eddie Jordan.'

I have to say, Eddie Jordan has scrubbed up well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here