Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top award for amex caterer ...

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
I am still sitting here with very watery eyes having read about Conner Saunders and Jamie Boyd in today's Argus. May they both rest in peace.

Very much puts into perspective much of the twaddle that has been posted on nsc in recent times ...

Then flicking through the Argus Business section the above headline caught my eye 'The catering arm ... has scooped a trophy of its own ... Azure has won the Stadia Award at the 2012 Cost Sector Catering Awards for their performance at the AMEX...It is testament to the hard work and dedication ...'

We all have many, many blessings to be truly thankful for (even tho it does not always feel like it - I know) and we really have no business knocking the catering at AMEX - unless you have a really short memory or didnt visit the Withdean often.

But even my eyes popped to see that Azure had actually won an award for the catering at the AMEX - perhaps nobody else entered or was nominated ....

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Azure win catering award

Official site.

This should be an April fool but its not.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm suprised as I have been failry underwhelmed by it but accept we are talking dining at a football stadium so I don't expect it to be the "fine dining" that it is advertised as. Who were the competition?

I have eaten there about 5 times and although it was OK, it was nothing special although the meal at the Liverpool game was inedible and like something off a shite burger van.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not surprised they have won an award , they have set records that caterers at other sporting venues can only dream of. Average spend per customer and % of crowd using the facilities on matchdays is way , way above target.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Incredible. I'm not sure Azure run the East Stand brasserie. Isn't that the catering college?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Anyone who tried the ctaering at West Ham on saturday should really have their views of what we have at the Amex in some perspective.

One kiosk
Huge queues
Limited choice
£3.80 for a CAN of Bitter

Last night I tried a burger for the first time since the Gillingham game and it was large, meaty and tasty. MUCH better than the usual football burger standard.

Yes Azure could do a LOT better in many areas but the level of sales, options available and good options like the East Stand Brasserie should be recognised as quantum leaps forward from many other stadia.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Anyone who tried the ctaering at West Ham on saturday should really have their views of what we have at the Amex in some perspective.

One kiosk
Huge queues
Limited choice
£3.80 for a CAN of Bitter

Last night I tried a burger for the first time since the Gillingham game and it was large, meaty and tasty. MUCH better than the usual football burger standard.

Yes Azure could do a LOT better in many areas but the level of sales, options available and good options like the East Stand Brasserie should be recognised as quantum leaps forward from many other stadia.

I believe they are changing the infrastructure in the summer as well to cope with the higher volumes, my only grumble would be on the concourses I would like more of what the originally tried to do, Thai Green Curries and fresh noodle dishes the perfect acomplement to a pint of locally brewed Harvey's.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I believe they are changing the infrastructure in the summer as well to cope with the higher volumes, my only grumble would be on the concourses I would like more of what the originally tried to do, Thai Green Curries and fresh noodle dishes the perfect acomplement to a pint of locally brewed Harvey's.

I see your pointabout the noodles. I tried the thai noodles at the sussex senior cup and really liked them. I havnt tried the latest incarnation as £7 seemed a bit steep. I heard on the Albion Roar that Piglets are looking at Calzone style pizza pockets for next season if the club likes them. That would be a welcome addition

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I see your pointabout the noodles. I tried the thai noodles at the sussex senior cup and really liked them. I havnt tried the latest incarnation as £7 seemed a bit steep. I heard on the Albion Roar that Piglets are looking at Calzone style pizza pockets for next season if the club likes them. That would be a welcome addition

The noodles are nice.

But not seven quid nice. :(

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
I organise events and training around the country and I have to say that a conference I did in the BUPA lounge last year was the best ever. Superb support leading up to the event and faultless service on the day.

I expect things to be a bit chaotic in the concourses on match days, particularly given the unprecedented take-up - but they have steadily improved through the season. Last night in the WSU I achieved the treble of a pint, a pie and a piss at half time and was back in my seat two minutes before play restarted. Azure should be congratulated on what they have achieved IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here