Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top 6????

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
I think we will finish top 6 with this team this season, strong defence, a strong balanced midfield which will produce goals and a a good partnership developing between Barnes and Murray plus a third striker on the way soon. Things are looking good on the pitch and if you glance in the direction of Falmer even better off of it!!!!!! :thumbsup::albion1:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I don't think we will make it this year. Will be thereabouts but just not quite good enough.

Hoping to be proved wrong but just don't think we have a strong enough squad yet to sustain a challenge.

Hope I'm proved spectacularly wrong though

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I have a feeling that there will be something planned for the Janaury transfer window...

olliwarne

Aug 12, 2010
Germany
With the squad we have now we can do it but its gonna be hard ...but if we get some good goalscoring striker in on loan as posted in seagulls.co.uk + have abit of luck ...easy i think !
+++ we´ll have to concentrate on not getting these last minute goals (rochdale,walsall)

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Def top 6, possibly top 4.

JGaleBHA

On the Gus bus
Apr 24, 2010
Horsham
6th place. To be truthful though, if we do get to play-offs, I don't think we would win it this year. Give it a year or two.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We do have a great squad that has been quietly assembled and top 6 should be achievable, win the next two games at home and that would be a very good sign.

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I see no reason why we can't be top six but there are a number of teams in this division who will feel the same way. We have a very good first team and some good options on the bench but the strength in depth after that is limited. It could depend on how the younger players like Cook, Dunk, Baz, Battipiedi and the Norwegian do as they may be called upon if we have a few injuries. Will be an interesting season though especially as it is a pleasure to watch the team now and I am pretty certain that we won't be near the relegation zone. To anyone moaning, compare this to this time last year if you doubt we have made progress.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Play offs are in our sight, solid defence, quality in the middle (especially if Navarro can make it back before the end of the season), with added goals from Bennett, Sparrow and hopefully Lua Lua and up top Murray to get the goals.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
I see no reason why we can't be top six but there are a number of teams in this division who will feel the same way. We have a very good first team and some good options on the bench but the strength in depth after that is limited. It could depend on how the younger players like Cook, Dunk, Baz, Battipiedi and the Norwegian do as they may be called upon if we have a few injuries. Will be an interesting season though especially as it is a pleasure to watch the team now and I am pretty certain that we won't be near the relegation zone. To anyone moaning, compare this to this time last year if you doubt we have made progress.

or the year before that, and the year before that.....and so on..

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
To even flirt with promotion be it play-offs or otherwise is a great achievement this year considering we were relegation fodder most of last season.

am i right in thinking we would have finished top 6 for second half of last season, i think we have a far stronger squad now.

Form from Jan 2010 to end of season would have put us in 5th last year.

Jan 14, 2008
Windsor ontario
Forget top 6 we can get automatically promoted. I don't think that league 1 is particularly strong this year, we're in a group of 5/6 teams the rest are crap quite frankly.

Also TB obviously has his heart set on Championship football when we move to Falmer, and if his track record is anything to go by he gets what he wants. I expect a new striker this week or some major moves in January, and then onward and upward.

Any team that gets the ball down at this level can piss this league, look what Swansea did under Martinez a few years ago. Gus has a similar philosophy on the game and has built a really decent squad. Obviously we need a bit of luck staying injury free and a striker would be the final piece to the puzzle.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
We are not Spurs fans - therefore we oughta wait and see how things progress before we start blubbering on about top positions.

We are going DOWN - let's accept that, and hope to be pleasantly surprised. We ain't going up on the form we've seen already this season, that's for certain

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here