i came up with
HULL 87
BURNLEY 84
BORO 93
WEDS 88
BHA 95
DERBY 75
Anyone wanna borrow my glasses ?

Yeah I'll have them mate. Whichever way the results go May 7th is looking like little more than one almighty piss-up for both sets of fans.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
I can't see us getting any more than 84.... 7 wins 3 draws 3 defeats

Agree. Maintaining the average form to the end of the season would give 83-84 pints at a very creditable 1.8 points per game. However, given how the top 6 have gone all year one might expect 2, or even 3 sides to be very near the 2 points per game mark.
Given that, it would take a superb run - something like 33 points out of the last 39 (win11 & lose 2, or win 10 & draw 3) to be near certain of a top two finish (but still have an issue with goal difference maybe).
If they did that, the whole team should be lauded far and wide - but 4th does seem to be the most likely final placing, with a likely spread of 3rd-6th depending on whether clubs below us have a great run or one of the top 3 falls a little off the pace.
I'll go with 84 points and 4th.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Lots of predications that the top 5 will all get 80+ points. The ONLY time this has happened for the 2nd tier was 97-98 season.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Lots of predications that the top 5 will all get 80+ points. The ONLY time this has happened for the 2nd tier was 97-98 season.

Well with Derby's win last night all 5 are near enough on course for that, and remember Derby in 5th are coming out of a bad run. So entirely possible that this will happen, and if Wednesday maintain their recent form for a few weeks that could be 80 just to get in the play-offs. Unlikely but possible

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well with Derby's win last night all 5 are near enough on course for that, and remember Derby in 5th are coming out of a bad run. So entirely possible that this will happen, and if Wednesday maintain their recent form for a few weeks that could be 80 just to get in the play-offs. Unlikely but possible

It's possible, but is it probable...?

Last season Bournemouth were 4th after 33 games on 59 points, 6 points off top, 4 points off second. Through February they didn't win for 5 games, drawing 3 losing 2. They then played their last 13 by winning 9 drawing 4. Anything can happen, it really can.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You are right, this will not happen. But can you tell me the games where hull will drop points.

You're now inviting the old chestnut of no easy games, can drop points against any team, etc, but if you want something more specific than that, I'll go for away games. I do think they're likely to come top, that's a bit more I can offer you, and I also think that we'll find it difficult to dislodge two of the current top three.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Impressive.

I had us 7th.

In our house, we do predictions after both transfer window shuts. The Mrs and the Little Mr both went for fourth (on both occasions), I went for eighth first, then fifth. I am doing better on promoted teams (Hull, Boro and, in the play-offs, Burnley), and in the goal-scoring charts.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It's possible, but is it probable...?

Last season Bournemouth were 4th after 33 games on 59 points, 6 points off top, 4 points off second. Through February they didn't win for 5 games, drawing 3 losing 2. They then played their last 13 by winning 9 drawing 4. Anything can happen, it really can.

Similar with Reading in 2012. W9 D2 L2 in last 13, one L being irrelevant last game. It will most likely need 9 wins from here.

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015

That season was freakish in the extreme for the number of high points scoring teams and the number of dross teams in the 2nd tier from whom points could almost be hoovered up by the high performing teams when they played them.

As well as there being that many sides breaking the 80 point barrier it was the only time a side got as many as 90 points and DIDN'T go up. Sunderland finished on 90 and lost out the autos to Boro on 91 when they had the likes of Gazza, Merson and Ricard and to Forest (was Pierre Van Hooijdonk their hero that year) I think on about 93?Then the deckchairs lost in the playoff final.

But taking the number of times that has actually happened against the number of seasons there has been a second tier formed under the Premiership, that scenario has around a 4% chance of happening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here