Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top 6 play each other this weekend

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I think we do in the midfield and defence - still lacking something up front.

I'm not buying the false position talk as we've near enough played everyone once - we deserve to be 3rd right now. Come the end of the season, who knows. Most Reading fans would've been happy with the top 10 this season so are pretty relaxed about the situation at the moment. Much more pressure on the other teams in the top 6.

I agree, we got the same last season, but if you are up there at this point of the season then it's deserved.

A tough run of games coming up, but if you come out of those ok, then you have to be genuine challengers.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think Reading have got a lot of tough games coming up.

Happy for them to have beaten Wednesday today.
Indeed. Despite Reading's win yesterday, odds of Shefwedlol finishing top two are 11:1, odds of Reading finishing top two are 14:1.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Take the five we scored away from the Norwich game and we are average goalscorers at best...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think we do in the midfield and defence - still lacking something up front.

I'm not buying the false position talk as we've near enough played everyone once - we deserve to be 3rd right now. Come the end of the season, who knows. Most Reading fans would've been happy with the top 10 this season so are pretty relaxed about the situation at the moment. Much more pressure on the other teams in the top 6.

I agree with this. Obviously I've only seen Reading once this season but after 20 games you aren't in a false position (and you are 4 points clear of fourth too). We were in a false position according to many this time last season and ended up only goal difference away from promotion.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Take the five we scored away from the Norwich game and we are average goalscorers at best...

I don't know why you are obsessed with that. To do a fair test, you need to take away the highest amount scored by all teams. It is an irrelevant stat.

The facts are we are second and have comfortably the best defensive record in the league. We have also scored sixth most in the league (as luckily the football league don't take away your highest score). It is looking pretty good to me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Derby 1 up

larus

I don't know why you are obsessed with that. To do a fair test, you need to take away the highest amount scored by all teams. It is an irrelevant stat.

The facts are we are second and have comfortably the best defensive record in the league. We have also scored sixth most in the league (as luckily the football league don't take away your highest score). It is looking pretty good to me.

Why not the top 2 scores from a team? Newcastle have won 6-0 and 4-0. So take those 2 games away and it's only +15 for them.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Derby 2-0

Lovely goal by Ince

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Derby are much more of a team than Villa

Reading, Derby and Villa are looking threats to us. But not as big a threat as Burnley and Boro so we should enjoy our Christmas

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So that's our biggest rivals for 2nd confirmed.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Derby have an 'easy' away win at QPR on Wednesday to look forward to.

Reckon we really need to beat Blackburn on Tuesday now.

Reading do still 'worry' me though.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Derby looking good today. Defo a threat. I would say they are on a great run at the moment but still 10 points behind even after 6 wins in a row. If we stay consistent as we currently they will need to average 2.58 points a game to catch us by the season end which is almost impossible in this league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here