Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Top 3 Tom Hanks Films

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Blimey @Gabbafella we are poles apart. I felt the same way about Eastwood and his films. Hanks winds me up in a Pardew stylee.
To paraphrase Homer Simpson “You say what we’re all thinking” except apparently not on this thread. :lolol: For a supposedly versatile actor he is fairly limited imho, and usually plays...Tom Hanks, just in different genres/settings each time. I can’t stand schmaltzy crap like The Green Mile, loved by so many. You know what you’re getting with a Mr Middle of the Road (to Perdition) Nice and Safe Guy Thomas Hanks performance, maybe why he’s so loved.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Looking at the list of films he's made, he made Philadelphia, Forest Gump and Apollo 13 consecutively. That's hard to beat for best 3 films somebody has made in a row.

As an actor yes.

Does Hitchcock count? If so Vertigo, North By Northwest and Psycho .... although 'acting' is pushing it a bit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To paraphrase Homer Simpson “You say what we’re all thinking” except apparently not on this thread. :lolol: For a supposedly versatile actor he is fairly limited imho, and usually plays...Tom Hanks, just in different genres/settings each time. I can’t stand schmaltzy crap like The Green Mile, loved by so many. You know what you’re getting with a Mr Middle of the Road (to Perdition) Nice and Safe Guy Thomas Hanks performance, maybe why he’s so loved.
I am surprised The De Vinci code has popped up as often as it has.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here