tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Outside his Spaghetti westerns which are all good imo,

I’d go, in no particular order;

Gran Turino
Richard Jewell
Mystic River

And for the heck of it, cos they’re fun, The Any Which Way.. movies. Always remind me of my late father and watching them with him on a Saturday night, when I was 6 or 7 years old.
Gran Turino is a great film
The Courier
spaghetti westerns that ended in The Good the Bad and the Ugly.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.
The Outlaw Josey Wales.
Unforgiven.

If I had to pick five, the other two Spaghetti westerns are in, if I had to pick a non-Western, Dirty Harry.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Kelly's Heroes
Gran Torino
Heartbreak Ridge

In any order but Gunny Highway is the snarling, piss taking, lip curling, no nonsense kind of character I like him best as .
Typecast? Never!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unforgiven.
Dirty Harry.
Gran Torino.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Marginally preferred him as Harry Callahan to his many Spaghetti Westerns and other roles.

High Plains Drifter though was an iconic Western in my opinion.

1 . . . High Plains Drifter.
2 . . . Coogan's Bluff.
3 . . . The Enforcer.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Imho he’s not a great director, his films often saccharine and schmultzy, the storylines a bit obvious, colour by numbers Yankee fare e,g. Bridges of Madison (a guilty pleasure) Gran Torino, Million Dollar Baby, The Mule (another guilty pleasure), also true story Hacksaw Ridge.

Best three:
Play Tariq Lamptey For Me
The Dollars Trilogy (any two)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Always thought Firefox was based on a Joe 90 episode and I preferred the Joe 90 version.
Firefox was authored by Craig Thomas and the book spawned a sequel a few years later that was never made in to a film. Clint is pretty much a passenger for quite a bit of the film but gets the job done in the end. Fantastic performances by Freddie Jones as Kenneth Aubrey the spy chief who authorises the mission to steal Russia's most advanced fighter/bomber and Kenneth Colley as evil Russian Colonel Kontarsky on the trail of our Clint.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Not seen it mentioned yet, "Absolute Power" which also had another two of my favourite actors Gene Hackman and Laura Linney. Shows how being President can easily corrupt the person.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Play Misty For Me
Bird
Bridges Of Madison County

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unforgiven
Play Misty for Me
Good, Bad and the Ugly - also my long time ringtone

As a kid I loved Rawhide too

1AF78D75-B91A-4849-978E-30AACFB4B7E4.jpeg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Unforgiven
Play Misty for Me
Good, Bad and the Ugly - also my long time ringtone

As a kid I loved Rawhide too

View attachment 155561
My Grandad used to tell a joke about two Cow girls, one wore knickers and the other didn't, known as Raw hide and Shy Anne (Cheyenne, another cowboy series from the 50's)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My Grandad used to tell a joke about two Cow girls, one wore knickers and the other didn't, known as Raw hide and Shy Anne (Cheyenne, another cowboy series from the 50's)
I also remember Cheyenne with Clint Walker. I bloody loved Westerns, other TV series were Boots and Saddles and Wagon Train, Bonanza, High Chapparal, Maverick and Gunsmoke. Not so keen on the Lone Ranger though

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Funny to see the ultimate Onewatchable, Million Dollar Baby, featuring repeatedly.

Shirley a top film, despite MDB's topness, is a film the keeps calling you back for more?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I also remember Cheyenne with Clint Walker. I bloody loved Westerns, other TV series were Boots and Saddles and Wagon Train, Bonanza, High Chapparal, Maverick and Gunsmoke. Not so keen on the Lone Ranger though
I don't remember Boots and Saddles, but yes, I loved all those others, and the old black and white movies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here