Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top 3 Bond themes

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Look, can none of you just tell it like it is?

A View to A Kill is the biggest load of shite ever. 3rd all time favourite theme tune, my arse - it is a turgid as the film. Getting those sta-pressed wearing goons to play the theme tune was a none too subtle attempt to get lots of screaming girls to go and watch the film - what they forgot was that Duran Duran's fans were too young to get into a PG13 film. Even the Garbage one was better than that, and that was crap.

Stop trying to suck up to this Palace clown. Duran Duran are shit, always have been, always will be.

nickrhodes

May 1, 2015
Look, can none of you just tell it like it is?

A View to A Kill is the biggest load of shite ever. 3rd all time favourite theme tune, my arse - it is a turgid as the film. Getting those sta-pressed wearing goons to play the theme tune was a none too subtle attempt to get lots of screaming girls to go and watch the film - what they forgot was that Duran Duran's fans were too young to get into a PG13 film. Even the Garbage one was better than that, and that was crap.

Stop trying to suck up to this Palace clown. Duran Duran are shit, always have been, always will be.

I don't usually respond, but feel i should in this instance. I think perhaps you have an anger management issue and nothing really to do with Duran Duran ? I don't have a huge interest in football that is true, but Brighton are the only team i would go and see, for various reasons i have previously explained. If you have nothing constructive to say, perhaps best to say nothing at all.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I don't usually respond, but feel i should in this instance. I think perhaps you have an anger management issue and nothing really to do with Duran Duran ? I don't have a huge interest in football that is true, but Brighton are the only team i would go and see, for various reasons i have previously explained. If you have nothing constructive to say, perhaps best to say nothing at all.

My only anger management issue revolves around Duran Duran! But fair enough, I will keep quiet from now on, but before I do, one question - are things that bad though that you are having to post on here to remind people of your existence? Surely MumsNet would be better.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Can't believe nobody has mentioned Goldeneye, from the one good film that Brosnan got.

Also Licence to Kill by Gladys Knight has its charms. After all it borrows heavily from the classic Goldfinger which EVERYBODY loves

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
The new one is absolutely shocking. How the hell did someone approve that for a Jb theme. It is making me worry about the quality of the film.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Garbage's World is Not Enough is unappreciated, its a good track in the early bond theme style.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The Chris Cornell one was really good, sandwiched between two of the worst, Madonna and that pile of crap by Jack White and Alicia Keys.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Digital spy has a view to a kill as the greatest of the 22 songs

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Jesus, that Sam Smith one is an absolute abortion. Its just a NOISE.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Where has everybody gone? - The Pretenders.
The look of love - Dusty Springfield.
Do you know how Christmas trees are grown? - Nina.

Themes? Not sure about that.

All three of those songs are heard more frequently in their respective films than the song played over the opening titles.

Therefore, by definition, they can be considered themes.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ah, what the hell. Any excuse.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
1. For Your Eyes Only - Sheena was a real good looker
2. Live and Let die
3. View To A Kill - great song and the video was superb - My name is Bon, Simon Le Bon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here