Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Too much negativity

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
I cant believe the negativity on this site at present. I, like everyone felt gutted after today's match but it seems we are being kicked in the teeth week after week at present. We were by far the better team at Orient, should have beaten Huddersfield and a point today against by far the best team in the division was the least we deserved. So, 6 points dropped which so easily could have been gained. There can be no doubt that we are getting better week by week but unfortunately we are still being punished for the odd lapse of concentration in defence and a mixture of inept refereeing, woodwork and goalmouth clearances in attack.

Gus is human and makes mistakes like all of us. Unless Lua Lua was injured or tired(????) , bringing on Carole was a disaster. He is is not good enough, full stop. I also cannot understand why Dicker does not start each week as he is our best player. I also agree with other posters that Bloom must sort out the Forster situation immediately as we need him alongside Murray with Holroyd and Dickenson to come on when needed. If changes are to be made, it might be a good ploy to play Harty as an out and out winger. Remember the carnage he caused at the back end of last season.

I think Mr El Abd will be back for Leeds as Gus obviously rates him highly, so if changes are to be made my team would be:-

Kuipers

Calderon Virgo Painter El Abd

Hart Crofts Dicker Lua Lua

Murray Forster

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Why are you saying there s too much negativity when your post pretty much sums up all the criticisms people have at the moment. Most people aren't that negative, but are just getting tired of seeing defeats at Withdean. We played well today, most people would also agree with this.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I don't understand the point of this thread.. you're just stating what everyone is complaining about, which you are complaining about.
You're mental if you want OGH starting.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
However there is too much negativity....we were 10 mins away from beating top of the league...something none of us would have imagined a few months ago. We aren't getting hammered week in week out and with the rub of the green could be mid table.

We all need to calm down and stay positive as the progress is good and things are heading in the right direction

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I really hate people who say we-took-some-positives-from-the-game. It's no substitute for points. And it won't save you from the sack. Fact.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
if it were any other side than norwich or leeds im sure we would have collected today. with the big boys out of the way i fancy alot of home wins coming our way.

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
To answer Murraymints4brighton I have seen all but 1 home game and several away. The point I was merely making was that Gus seems rightly intent on changing things around as however good we feel the team are playing the points are not yet coming. OGH is a first team squad player and perhaps deserves a chance to play in his rightful position if only to gee Bennett up a bit. Virgs was dropped and came back a much better player. It's great that we have competition in virtually every position now and tweaking things now and again is not a bad thing. As I said before this game, I would have only played with one winger (Lua Lua) with Dicker starting. The midfied is the dilemna as Navarro, Crofts and Dicker all deserve to be starting.

I have no doubt that we will eventually pull away from the bottom four.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
NSC in a nut shell......

...win one game, we're gunna make the play offs
...lose one game, we'll end up in the blue square (insert manager/chairmans name here) OUT.

numerous polls (on the same subject......EVERY fuckin week) to follow

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here