Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony’s end of season review

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Toxic negativity like "the players just aren't good enough"?

13 points clear of relegation would suggest otherwise. You really don’t like being wrong do you?

You are no better than the people you slag off, other than the fact that you are negative and they are positive...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
13 points clear of relegation would suggest otherwise. You really don’t like being wrong do you?

You are no better than the people you slag off, other than the fact that you are negative and they are positive...

Wasn't me that said that. See the Mustafa post I quoted.

Players are plenty good enough. That's why I think we've underachieved.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
One of the more interesting threads on here recently, hearing Tony Blooms thoughts on the year has to be a lot better than the pointless daily polls , usually by the same people all the time.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Link to [MENTION=17254]Solid at the back[/MENTION] 's post history

https://www.northstandchat.com/search.php?searchid=14297592

In just one month, Maupay, Connolly, Propper, Clarke, Trossard as well as several NSC posters have been lambasted by SatB

It's a toxic negativity that should not be welcome here. Shame on him for doing it, and shame on you on advocating it, especially as a moderator.

If you don't like my posts, don't read them. Oh and you've assumed my gender. I'm offended by this.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
God almighty, what a car-crash of a thread!

The OP is a link to an article on the Albion official website. Fine - some people will have already read it. Others (like me) read it for the first time on here. Does it matter?

So - was it necessary to start a thread? NO.
Did it do any harm to start a thread? NO.
Was it possibly of interest to those who hadn't read it on the official website? MAYBE.

So what's the f***ing problem? All the knicker twisting about who started it and whether they should have or not. Read a post (or not if you're not interested), reply to it if you want to - but why is it so important to look and see who posted it before deciding how to respond? Geez! WTF. :facepalm:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
@Icy - what changes do you think should happen this summer and next season, to progress us from a lowly 17th, a paltry 8 wins and a team that’s given away 25 points from winning positions?

Thanks TB and to the OP .... I hadn’t been aware of the statement.

The miseries wouldn’t dare slag off TB for his wholly positive comments on our football this season. Venting their spleens instead on posters cut of the same cloth.
Would you discuss your end of season review with TB ??? :wink:

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Absolutely sick of seeing the same few posters starting the same pointless threads. There really needs to be a limit on how many threads a person can start per week.

Tell me, what is the fascination in having a high post count? What is it that I don't understand? Do people sell their NSC accounts on ebay?

Something needs to be done about spamming on this forum, it's a disgrace.

A disgrace?

Posting a link to uncle Tony’s season review with a heart?

I know the OP has a reputation for I-told-you-so posts but this isn’t one of them.

I’m really enjoying this end of season. My word we all need it after all the frustration of the missed opportunities, this is just all about you and him, or you lot and that lot.

Give it a rest and get some perspective.

The way you band around words like disgrace, embarrassment etc. What must you think when something actually bad happens!

Thank goodness the man at the helm has emotional intelligence (apart from in front of the citeh bench [emoji6]

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
And for **** sake we are just coming out of Covid and Albion have stayed up easy have a chance to be 13th and record points and we are still arguing and fighting and bitching on here can we just have a truce for a while please

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
And for **** sake we are just coming out of Covid and Albion have stayed up easy have a chance to be 13th and record points and we are still arguing and fighting and bitching on here can we just have a truce for a while please

Damn right, can’t believe the tone of oneupmanship after such a good finish to the season.

How about we all just respect each other’s opinions.

We won ffs.

We stayed up

We beat Liverpool, and spuds, and citeh.

We have endured and outflanked some of the worst luck I’ve seen in a season.

Why argue with each other?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
brighton-fans-fans-united.jpg

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Even bouncing Tony Bloom now.

Given the row that started shortly after I posted this, I think I should probably emphasise that it was a joke for the benefit of anybody without the benefit of not being able to see the inside of my mind.

Frankly, anybody who decided to start or continue an argument about how crap the team or club are doing on this thread really does need to take a look at themselves. There's plenty of others already devoted to that subject.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Thanks vagabond. Good post. For those that troll you, I'd suggest you just ignore them.
It's good to hear from fans rather than just miserable f@Ckers who clearly don't support the club.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Given the row that started shortly after I posted this, I think I should probably emphasise that it was a joke for the benefit of anybody without the benefit of not being able to see the inside of my mind.

Myself and I guess the others that have given you a thumbs up knew you were having a little joke Sid.

When I try to attempt humour myself I always add at least 1 smiley emoji, as one or two on here struggle to see the funny side of things :wink: :)

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Absolutely sick of seeing the same few posters starting the same pointless threads. There really needs to be a limit on how many threads a person can start per week.

Tell me, what is the fascination in having a high post count? What is it that I don't understand? Do people sell their NSC accounts on ebay?

Something needs to be done about spamming on this forum, it's a disgrace.

I hadn’t read this and was appreciative it was posted.

Suggestion: keep your personal beef personal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
You're another one with no life. Scroll through the first page on NSC and you're number one with threads started. Good job. Another one who gets offended by any negativity aimed at us. Probably starting threads about what pundits say about us at HT. NSC and BHAFC could do without fans like youself, wet wipes. Crying when we don't get attention or if Garth Crooks didn't put one of our players in his team if the week.

Go out and do some exercise rather than ploughing through NSC incessantly to the extent that you know the nuances of posters’ patterns on NSC. Would do you good to get out and about, read books, understand the world at large.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Posting the club owners assesement of the season on a forum seems pretty reasonable to me.

Obviously some people - you know who - are absolutely fuming about TB not sharing their toxic negativity riddled points of views. If he did, there would certainly not be any complaints about his words getting posted here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here