Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
I would imagine Tony Bloom is not a happy man tonight. The money Tony is splashing out on our fantastic stadium and the loss of revenue from a lucrative cup run will not please him.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
revenue ?
from the league cup?

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I would imagine Tony Bloom is not a happy man tonight. The money Tony is splashing out on our fantastic stadium and the loss of revenue from a lucrative cup run will not please him.

The only real place to make money is in the Premier League, so I think he won't be that bothered about the league cup.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I am sure TB has his feet on the ground more than the faction of NSC who are throwing their toys out of the pram after a Cup defeat, on the first game of the season, against a team who hasn't lost at home over a year, by conceding some unfortunate goals....
I would agree with you 100% if it was just based on tonight. Buy the problem is its looks like we haven't had a break and have carried on where we left of last season. That performance was no different to our last half dozen away games last year. I think thats why the toys are being thrown. If it wasn't a direct carry over from last season and a one off result, I think more people wouldn't be too bothered.

But we managed two shots on target against a side a division below us. (Vicente shot that pulled a save out of the keeper and Brunos before deflection were going wide)

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I would agree with you 100% if it was just based on tonight. Buy the problem is its looks like we haven't had a break and have carried on where we left of last season. That performance was no different to our last half dozen away games last year. I think thats why the toys are being thrown. If it wasn't a direct carry over from last season and a one off result, I think more people wouldn't be too bothered.

But we managed two shots on target against a side a division below us. (Vicente shot that pulled a save out of the keeper and Brunos before deflection were going wide)

I agree. For a team with no away wins since February, we were in no position to "throw" the game. We were just not good enough in another away match. We need a few leaders on the pitch, too many lightweight footballers, and not enough players with balls.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think TB doesn't give a monkeys about "lucrative" cup runs , the big money to be snaffled is elsewhere.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I agree. For a team with no away wins since February, we were in no position to "throw" the game. We were just not good enough in another away match. We need a few leaders on the pitch, too many lightweight footballers, and not enough players with balls.
Thats the funny thing about this forum tonight. They way people are speaking you would think its a one off. But as you say we have not won away since Febraury, and only won three times on the road since mid-September.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Thats the funny thing about this forum tonight. They way people are speaking you would think its a one off. But as you say we have not won away since Febraury, and only won three times on the road since mid-September.

Unfortunately, too many so called fans are only interested in "flair" and not winning football matches.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

I don't agree with the moaners tonight, but I do think there is some truth to this.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I don't agree with the moaners tonight, but I do think there is some truth to this.

We need a nasty bastard like the guy on sky tonight (Denis Wise), people may not like him, or John Terry, but they are both very influential and "winners". The only one we have is Adam ElAbd, but he is too small to play at CH anyway.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
We need a nasty bastard like the guy on sky tonight (Denis Wise), people may not like him, or John Terry, but they are both very influential and "winners". The only one we have is Adam ElAbd, but he is too small to play at CH anyway.

Need a balance of quality and strength, we've got a lot of quality but not a lot of strength. When teams try to out play us, they don't do so well. When they try to out muscle us however, then we tend to come unstuck.

Hopefully Crofts will bring some balls to our game, we could have really used him tonight.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Not sure tony will be bothered about the cup itself, but must have concerns over the continuing problems on our travels. Last night was a carry on from the dire away performances from last season and this is the area I have most concerns about. I agree that promtion is the only way Tony will make back his investment but I struggle to be able to look at this game as an isolated performance, it is just to much like last season away from home and it needs to be resolved now.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Do not expect Tony would be at all happy with a number of last nights threads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here