[Albion] Tony bloom

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
let down didnt he have to give permission for GP to talk with Chelsea? I think you need to re-word this to : Brighton fans let down by Tony Bloom

Is this the first time a manager has left since you discovered football and/or the internet. Tony Bloom has no more let Brighton fans down than Dick Knight did when Adams left for Leicester or Coppell left for Reading you utter clown.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So lucky to have Bloom. If we had a foreign owner I would be asking what the hell is going on. In the end it is only us supporters and Bloom who would never jump ship

I bet he feels like doing it though…today

But like all of us he’ll take it on the chin and he WILL come back fighting

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
No, I undertsand. I was telling the other muppet that Tony did have to let Chelsea talk to Potter, because there was a release clause in his contract. I did bold the part of his statement I was referencing, but because he had used shouty text after it, it wasn't obvious, so I will forgive you questioning my intelligence.

OK mate, keep your hair on Son

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Is this the first time a manager has left since you discovered football and/or the internet. Tony Bloom has no more let Brighton fans down than Dick Knight did when Adams left for Leicester or Coppell left for Reading you utter clown.

Second this, we've been here before and done just fine. There is only one Tony Bloom

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Coppell was pushed by DK for the compensation we so desperately needed at the time I think?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
let down didnt he have to give permission for GP to talk with Chelsea? I think you need to re-word this to : Brighton fans let down by Tony Bloom

What a knob

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Coppell was pushed by DK for the compensation we so desperately needed at the time I think?

Yes he was, DK made it quite clear we needed the compensation so possibly not quite such a good example.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
When Caicedo, Trossard and MacA go, I’d absolutely luv it, if it were to clubs other than Newcastle and Chelsea.

Please TB/PB.

Webster will be at the top of his list

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Players I get, the manager and his assistant, I get it.

Bruno and Roberts are a disgrace, burnt all their bridges here in my opinion. Bruno was here for 10 years, Roberts for a similar amount of time if you include his injury ravaged playing days. The club helped develop them, gave them a platform to prove themselves. And they shaft us like that. Disgraceful, I hope they fail at Chelsea and hope they end up unemployable.

I respect what Potter done here, I do. But taking these two is taking the absolute piss. If I was Tone or Barber I would be livid.

They have totally taken advantage of Tony's good nature in not standing in anyone's way if they're approached. Let them speak to other clubs. Let them see what other clubs offer and perhaps they may decide the grass isn't always greener. This doesn't work, evidently. It's supposedly "counter productive" in refusing permission. IS IT? HOW IS IT, WHEN THESE DISLOYAL WANKERS **** OFF AT THE FIRST OPPORTUNITY?!

Tony needs to re-evaluate this policy, because so far, nobody has shown him the same loyalty he shows his employees. Time to get tough and put your foot down. NO - WE WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO PERMISSION TO SPEAK TO OUR STAFF, IF THEY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOU THEY CAN BLOODY WELL KICK UP A FUSS AJD SHOW THE REAL WORLD WHAT THEY ARE REALLY LIKE! AND YOU'LL STILL HAVE TO PAY THE CLUB TO TAKE THEM ANYWAY!!!

BRUNO, ANYTHING YOU DONE HERE IN THE PAST IS DONE, YOU ARE NOW NOTHING TO THIS FANBASE, I HOPE YOUR 5 MINS OF FAME WAS WORTH IT YOU CJTC

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Bruno and Roberts are a disgrace, burnt all their bridges here in my opinion. Bruno was here for 10 years, Roberts for a similar amount of time if you include his injury ravaged playing days. The club helped develop them, gave them a platform to prove themselves. And they shaft us like that. Disgraceful, I hope they fail at Chelsea and hope they end up unemployable.

I respect what Potter done here, I do. But taking these two is taking the absolute piss. If I was Tone or Barber I would be livid.

They have totally taken advantage of Tony's good nature in not standing in anyone's way if they're approached. Let them speak to other clubs. Let them see what other clubs offer and perhaps they may decide the grass isn't always greener. This doesn't work, evidently. It's supposedly "counter productive" in refusing permission. IS IT? HOW IS IT, WHEN THESE DISLOYAL WANKERS **** OFF AT THE FIRST OPPORTUNITY?!

Tony needs to re-evaluate this policy, because so far, nobody has shown him the same loyalty he shows his employees. Time to get tough and put your foot down. NO - WE WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO PERMISSION TO SPEAK TO OUR STAFF, IF THEY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOU THEY CAN BLOODY WELL KICK UP A FUSS AJD SHOW THE REAL WORLD WHAT THEY ARE REALLY LIKE! AND YOU'LL STILL HAVE TO PAY THE CLUB TO TAKE THEM ANYWAY!!!

BRUNO, ANYTHING YOU DONE HERE IN THE PAST IS DONE, YOU ARE NOW NOTHING TO THIS FANBASE, I HOPE YOUR 5 MINS OF FAME WAS WORTH IT YOU CJTC

:ffsparr:

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing

I think your getting a bit over exited. If you were paid 15K per week and someone offered you 50K you would be off like a shot. Of course it's disappointing but get real. In work there is no loyalty either way.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

You're an idiot.

It's just possible that Bruno might not have wanted the main job here or might not have been considered for it. If that's the case he gets to continue learning under Potter. If he's living here and commuting he could then come back at some point when he feels he's ready and has all his badges.

As for Roberts, what do you think the promotion path for a goalkeeping coach looks like internally? Chelsea represents his chance of a step up. It's very, very, very disappointing but it's certainly understandable.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
You're an idiot.

It's just possible that Bruno might not have wanted the main job here or might not have been considered for it. If that's the case he gets to continue learning under Potter. If he's living here and commuting he could then come back at some point when he feels he's ready and has all his badges.

As for Roberts, what do you think the promotion path for a goalkeeping coach looks like internally? Chelsea represents his chance of a step up. It's very, very, very disappointing but it's certainly understandable.

He wouldn't be welcome now.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Bruno was NEVER getting the job even if he wasn’t part of Potter’s entourage now. I have no idea where this groupthink started but it was an absolutely absurd suggestion in the first place.

When Potter left, he was always going to take Hamberg, Reid and Roberts with him. Bruno would then need to fill those gaps left behind using all his experience of… sod all.

When the new group comes in, they’ll bring their own guys like usual, it’ll be a full regime change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports