Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom will have it covered

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pavilionaire;5589768[B said:
]I'm reassured that Barber was in the meeting with Gus and Reading[/B]. Barber will be feeding back to Tony where we stand, and I do not expect Barber to be letting the grass grow under his feet on this.

The X Factor in all of this is in which division each club will be in next season. Our best players will be expecting Reading to go down and they will believe they have a shot of going up. However, if Reading stay up and we don't get promoted then you have to fear for our side, especially as the Reading owner has already shown he isn't prepared to spend big by buying practically no one last summer. Poyet will probably feel he could get three of our best players for under £10million, which is just the ticket for Zingarevich.

I don't know how clued up Bloom is but Barber is a shrewd operator, having worked closely with Daniel Levy whilst at Spurs - Levy does not mess about. Interestingly, Barber was at Spurs and was instrumental when Levy fired Juande Ramos and Poyet and replaced them with Redknapp.

What meeting? The one at Gatwick airport, made up by a newly registered poster on an obscure
Internet forum?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That whole Ramos incident is fascinating. Spurs started the season winless in the league and they lost to Udinese in the Europa League on a Thursday night. Levy discussed the position with Barber and the board first thing Friday morning. By Friday night Harry was at Levy's house with his agent until 3am. They shook on a deal on the Saturday, the release clause was triggered in his Pompey contract and Spurs basically paid £5 million and told Pompey they'd just lost their manager that Saturday morning.

Then Levy drove to the team hotel and sacked Ramos, Gus and Comolli at 10.30pm on the Saturday night, then Redknapp was in charge the next day as Spurs beat Bolton 2-0 at WHL.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
People were questioning Bloom when he got rid of Slade, the ultimately fruitless pursuit of Coppell and then appointed a man with no experience at all as a number one.

That didn't work out too badly so I'd back the man to get it right again this time.

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
At the meeting in Burwash recently TB was very laid back when the question of replacing Poyet was brought up. No doubt that the club have a list in mind and I'm not sure that some of the 'candidates' mentioned on other threads would figure very large if our manager leaves. Continuity was his message.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here