Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony Bloom will do a Q&A session in Burnley before the away game.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
For Burnley having to go to Battle station due to replacement bus service the Victoria way so leaving home about 7.10 to get the 7.37

Okay, I thought you normally go on the coach.
Charing X more easy on the eye than Victoria I guess :wink:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Okay, I thought you normally go on the coach.
Charing X more easy on the eye than Victoria I guess :wink:

Going by coach would be driving to Polegate so leaving home about 5.15 for pick up at 5.45, coach then goes to Amex and starts heading north at 6.15 with the intention of arriving at the ground ay 13.00.

Two hours longer in bed is more appealing despite the £30 extra cost each, problem is going on the Charing X line is always more expensive than the Victoria line

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I'm not criticising the fact that he is doing it and agree that he is a unique club owner. It just that its open to such a small number of fans. None of the people going by coach will get there until 1pm, going by train you will have to catch a train about 5am to get there for 11.30-12.00, we are leaving at 7.30 and don't arrive in Burnley until about 13.45. So its just down to those who drive up (or stay the night before as you say) and there can't be that many who will be able to get to Burnley for 11am.

Fair point. Don't know why but the narrator in my head read your original post to me in a grumpy manner. :D

Last edited:

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
TB is a busy man I enjoy seeing him at away games in the ground and at railway stations and on trains, I can say most questions can be answered as seen in the Bristol forum and are mainly
a; The club will not be put in any form of monetary woes while TB is in sole charge
b; The club will do all in its capability to attract the best possible staff/players
c; Anyone staff or otherwise who seeks to gain fortune or favour/deceive from the club illegally or acts illegally will be dealt with lawfully
d; No-one is bigger than the club
e; we will have to spend several seasons in the premier league before any consideration is given to expansion
f; Our supporters have already said/voted no to safe standing.
g; The good name of the club is paramount
im sure ive forgotten some/several----- for those that are moaning about the effort of meeting our leader can you please provide the other certain answers that TB will issue in the pursuit of making our club greater than ever

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'll be going to the game. I'm not sure if I'll be going to the forum as haven't worked out travel plans. Usually end up on the coach though which would probably make it a no go anyway.

If I was going to ask a question though it would probably be about taking U18s to away games. I don't have kids myself but there's been threads on here in the past about it being difficult for kids to have enough points to get to away games. I wonder if there's any merit in say every adult being allowed to buy up to 2 U18 tickets for example, regardless of the U18 points level. Downside of course is you could make it harder for some adults to go, I'm just not sure if the balance feels quite right at the moment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In fact we can... so no need for Tony to talk about that :rock:

That's a result I was about to dispatch Michael Buerk to the WSU to cover the story of the latest biblical famine.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
How many Chairman of 1st tier clubs actually do these forums?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
my thoughts too. Cant be many can it ?

We're incredibly lucky to have Tony, we must never take this for granted. Lets be honest English football clubs in so many cases have been hjacked by people who have little interest in the game

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm sure the northern based Seagulls will love having a chance to meet Tony.

Yes - that was my point really (rather than a comment on the difficulty of Southern-based fans getting up there in time). Those Southern -based fans, if they want such an opportunity, can sign up for the regular forum at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here