Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom is to blame for the mess we are in....

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
. I think what a lot want, is for Bloom to change the manager hiring policy, because the last two have been complete duds, but I think that is also down to the structure at the club.

Haha, Oscar was far from a complete dud.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If that's the best you can do, a ****ing grammar knob.

?

'Sort' is pointing out your spelling, not grammar, is poor.

'Premiership' is simply pointing out you don't even know what the league above us is called, again nothing to do with grammar.

Poyet was the fifth longest serving manager in the top four divisions when he left, all of that time served under Tony Bloom. That's inconsistent with your view that Bloom is the problem.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Let's agree to disagree then. Im not going to lose faith in TB on the back of four months of mediocre football, you clearly are.

We should all be grateful to Tony for his investment in our club, but to blame Sammi alone for the predicament we are now in is out of order. .We are where we are because Tony has not invested enough in the squad over the last 4 years.That is a fact not a moan, it`s Tonys club and we have always been where we are now, struggling, support the team and the manager or don't bother coming to the games we are Brighton not manure:albion2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not wishing to split hairs, but XXXXX of TB's 'own' money ???

That would be XXXX of what used to be his gambling customer's money, yes?

And something that is missed, what does a multi-millionaire do with his/her half billion in the bank?

Look at their statement every month and work out the interest?

Or do what people of all means do, and get a 'hobby?'

That is an interesting argument. So as bloom chose to spend his money....yes however he got it, it's his money...like your pay from your employer who got it from trading etc with someone else. As bloom did. He choses to spend it financing a small seaside football team where his family live and have been connected with the club for many years.

So because he choses to do that, it's somehow his fault that he is now getting shit from fans of said small seaside team.

So, if he hadn't stepped in to rescue the finance of falmer as the banks were pulling he plug, as dick has said many times, then where do you think we would be now? Still at withdean? Playing in the county league as FC Brighton?

I am interested to know why people are so anti someone who saved our club from oblivion....as they seem to be doing with Dick.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We should all be grateful to Tony for his investment in our club, but to blame Sammi alone for the predicament we are now in is out of order. .We are where we are because Tony has not invested enough in the squad over the last 4 years.That is a fact not a moan, it`s Tonys club and we have always been where we are now, struggling, support the team and the manager or don't bother coming to the games we are Brighton not manure:albion2:

The club lost £30 million in the first three years at the Amex, reached the playoffs twice. That's ignoring the cost of the stadium and training facility.

The football has been rubbish this season, and we may go down. I will be happy to see the back of this manager but we need someone better, not just someone.

If relegation happens and a load of fickle people stop going I'm not that bothered, as you say, we're the Albion, not United. They'll be back when we do well and disappear when we don't, same as always.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This season is turning out to be poor but I can't believe the reaction on this thread. Tony is a chairman who puts faith in his manager, he doesn't bail out on them easily. I'll cut him plenty of slack with Sami because Tony really wants it to work out but he will sack him soon because he loves this club and that will force his hand.

FFP has shaken up football in a way we can't yet quantify. Again, I cut Tony slack in not pumping in millions like he's done before. I am convinced there's enough good players at this club for a decent manager to have us comfortably in the top half. This is the first real blip in a 5 year period that has seen seen success and consolidation. Bloom will come out of this stronger and wiser, of that I am sure. I'm right behind him, he just needs to make that tough decision now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whilst TB provides the money and employs the staff it is a tad harsh to say it his fault but perhaps he is responsible for not acting quicker but I think he will look at it after the Reading game and make a decision then prior to the transfer window opening.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
This season is turning out to be poor but I can't believe the reaction on this thread. Tony is a chairman who puts faith in his manager, he doesn't bail out on them easily. I'll cut him plenty of slack with Sami because Tony really wants it to work out but he will sack him soon because he loves this club and that will force his hand.

FFP has shaken up football in a way we can't yet quantify. Again, I cut Tony slack in not pumping in millions like he's done before. I am convinced there's enough good players at this club for a decent manager to have us comfortably in the top half. This is the first real blip in a 5 year period that has seen seen success and consolidation. Bloom will come out of this stronger and wiser, of that I am sure. I'm right behind him, he just needs to make that tough decision now.

I like where you're coming from except it's not a tough decision at all.

Feb 14, 2010
The club lost £30 million in the first three years at the Amex, reached the playoffs twice. That's ignoring the cost of the stadium and training facility.

The football has been rubbish this season, and we may go down. I will be happy to see the back of this manager but we need someone better, not just someone.

If relegation happens and a load of fickle people stop going I'm not that bothered, as you say, we're the Albion, not United. They'll be back when we do well and disappear when we don't, same as always.

Erm ..you may not have noticed but we are not doing well at the moment and we had 29000 for Fulham at home. They don't seem to have left have they... unlike some clubs fans from up the A23 who go AWOL when in the Championship..

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Erm ..you may not have noticed but we are not doing well at the moment and we had 29000 for Fulham at home. They don't seem to have left have they... unlike some clubs fans from up the A23 who go AWOL when in the Championship..

Ahem, you're ignoring we had 16,000 a couple of weeks earlier at home to Wigan.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

The football was also rubbish last season,we finished in the play offs because we had a great keeper that we no longer have, the team that came 18th scored more goals than us, Garcia was a shit boring manager riding on the wave built by Gus

SDG

May 26, 2014

You had 600 at Derby. We had 1200 in the same position... :stupid:

You must be referring to Crawley, surely?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
They are idiotic because they all read to me as if people are assuming Bloom is an idiot which, manifestly, he is not. This is how I read the situation. First appointment he made as club chairman was absolutely spot on; he took a chance with an unproven manager and it worked out probably beyond his best expectations, other than the falling out at the end. The second appointment was a success, although it did not look to be such a great success due to comparisons with what had gone before. He has now had to make a third appointment in 18 months, unusual for a successful club. This one has not worked out well, no-one can deny that. I would imagine he is giving serious consideration as to what the best step to take next is. Add to that his reputation as a gambler (how many times has he won with a worse hand, I wonder). These in my mind are the reasons for the delay in any managerial change. I doubt very much if it has anything to do with Bloom being too proud to admit he has made a mistake.

And, other than it is, in fairness, his own money by and large that he is gambling with, nothing to do with what he has invested in the club.

That ok?

Not really, he's not being held up as an idiot at all, he is being criticised for his judgement, or that of his executive. Make no error, these decisions should be taken carefully as there is much at stake in getting the selection of a manager/coach and players wrong and more so when the executive is incorrectly chosen. Football is a results driven business and as such this season everything that leads us to achieve these has been missing and yet we hear Bloom telling us that we have a play off achieving squad, when clearly this is not the case. Money appears to obscure the judgement of some, but the reality of our situation is that a great many on this site and many who don't use NSC saw this coming in August. Tony Bloom is not an idiot, he is however able to be criticised, just ask the 10,000 or so that have stopped coming to the Amex

Feb 14, 2010
Ahem, you're ignoring we had 16,000 a couple of weeks earlier at home to Wigan.

I think over 23000 paid to go (which is how every other club including palace disclose attendance) but even so, 16000, when in a relegation scrap in the championship is bigger than most clubs average in the championship. Bloody good eh

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think over 23000 paid to go (which is how every other club including palace disclose attendance) but even so, 16000, when in a relegation scrap in the championship is bigger than most clubs average in the championship. Bloody good eh

It's 13,000 less than against Fulham, not so good WCP.

Are you going to Charlton, I still owe you a pint

Feb 14, 2010
It's 13,000 less than against Fulham, not so good WCP.

Are you going to Charlton, I still owe you a pint

Yes fair point but its still pretty damn good. I'd like to do Charlton. Depends on when it is and tickets. Last time they sold the away end and didnt give us anymore and I couldnt get in. However I know a Charlton fan and might pop along with him if he is going. Happy to have a beer if you are in town for it whether I pop to the game or not.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes fair point but its still pretty damn good. I'd like to do Charlton. Depends on when it is and tickets. Last time they sold the away end and didnt give us anymore and I couldnt get in. However I know a Charlton fan and might pop along with him if he is going. Happy to have a beer if you are in town for it whether I pop to the game or not.

Good man, see you then!

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Dear Mr bloom.
Everyone on here appreciates all you have done for this club. Without you, we would probably be in the conference south playing as wel as a pub team on a cold stadiumles wet weekend. I apologise to you that you may have seen some comments on here that may sound disrespectful. But in all honesty, we all love this club just like you ,and we are all very passionate.
But at the moment we are all a bit confused as to why Sammy hyppier is still the manager of our great club. We all make mistakes, we are all human after all. Its not the fact that you made a mistake in apointing hyppier that we are all frustrated with. Its the fact that near the halfway point of the season, we are in the relegation zone with just 3 wins all season. Now if you add that to his record with his last club ( something silly like 4 or 5 wins in 30 odd games.) You can clearly se that he is a natural born looser when it comes to managing a team.

please do the right thing by the club and dismiss him of his duties, so that we can all move on b4 we end up in lge 1...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here