Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom is to blame for the mess we are in....

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
If Sami does go we will only be able to get an emergency manager in for the rest of the season, so they will have no direct say in this January transfer window.

What manager would want to come here. At least I've given up worrying now about relegation as it's just a formality now.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
W

Possibly because the last three managers have made noises that they are not happy with it and they have to work with it.

I heard from Brian Talbot in the 1901 that when Magath arrived at Fulham it was over two weeks before he was able to introduce himself to him being the recruitment officer. He was told that Magath would contact him when he needed him, he never did, however it was Magath who was in charge of recruiting the dozen or so players he did at the club and incredibly and coincidently they all came through th same agent, including the £12m Motroglou who only played three games, scoring no goals before returning to Greece and then going back to Olympiakos on loan. That is why Managers/coaches do not have the ultimate say in transfers, they are recruited to coach and manage, not to identify and negotiate on players. That is the nature of business and now how the game is run.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I heard from Brian Talbot in the 1901 that when Magath arrived at Fulham it was over two weeks before he was able to introduce himself to him being the recruitment officer. He was told that Magath would contact him when he needed him, he never did, however it was Magath who was in charge of recruiting the dozen or so players he did at the club and incredibly and coincidently they all came through th same agent, including the £12m Motroglou who only played three games, scoring no goals before returning to Greece and then going back to Olympiakos on loan. That is why Managers/coaches do not have the ultimate say in transfers, they are recruited to coach and manage, not to identify and negotiate on players. That is the nature of business and now how the game is run.

No offence, but Brian Talbot is talking shit, then.

Mitroglou signed for Fulham in the January transfer window.

Magath replaced Rene Meulensteen in the middle of February.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Nothing to do with what's happening here, and not relevant. Lot of 'incredible' and 'coincidental' stuff going on there - best just leave it at that. A lot of people on here have asked, what could be worse than Sami. I think Magath might just be the answer............

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
So Pullis and Redknapp were saying they would not be told who they are to sign, for what reason in your mind then?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
L
He is the 1 who has employed these goons. He is the 1 who sanctioned the sale of our best players. He is the 1 who agreed to buy/loan the wally's he have replaced them with. He is the blame for the mess we are in, the buck stops with him. Yeh he's done great things but hes also made some crazy decisions too. He needs to grow some balls, admit his mistakes, get rid of the goons or we are certain to find ourselves playing Fleetwood in League 1. Either that or sell up. The arselickers are no doubt going to shoot me down but i really dont give a shit. Enough is Enough.

These are the people with NO BALLS!

image.jpg

Now currently 5th in the Prem..... And worse still...

image.jpg

Followed over the years by.....
image.jpg

Sacking people is often having NO BALLS ! try to stop the bottom twitching and man up you lot !

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Nothing to do with what's happening here, and not relevant. Lot of 'incredible' and 'coincidental' stuff going on there - best just leave it at that. A lot of people on here have asked, what could be worse than Sami. I think Magath might just be the answer............

Poyet, Garcia and Hyppia were recruited because of their coaching and motivating skills, they were not recruited on the basis of their financial acumen. Giving coaches and managers the key to the purse is not a good idea.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
L

These are the people with NO BALLS!

View attachment 60752

Now currently 5th in the Prem..... And worse still...

View attachment 60753

Followed over the years by.....
View attachment 60754

Sacking people is often having NO BALLS ! try to stop the bottom twitching and man up you lot !

Are you seriously comparing SH with probably the greatest manager ever to walk the earth. If you are then you need to slap yourself round face really hard. Alan Pardew is also a decent manager. Newcastle fans are just fickle. The difference between your examples and SH is that SH is diabolically shit and the other 2 are not

black shadow

Jul 22, 2011
Hassocks
Yes

He is the 1 who has employed these goons. He is the 1 who sanctioned the sale of our best players. He is the 1 who agreed to buy/loan the wally's he have replaced them with. He is the blame for the mess we are in, the buck stops with him. Yeh he's done great things but hes also made some crazy decisions too. He needs to grow some balls, admit his mistakes, get rid of the goons or we are certain to find ourselves playing Fleetwood in League 1. Either that or sell up. The arselickers are no doubt going to shoot me down but i really dont give a shit. Enough is Enough.

Yes, To all of the above

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
Football s the new wrestling.
Results are pre ordained.
Life is one big cheat.
Football is just an offshoot of the big cheat.
Get used to it.
You are where you are.
Your team is where it is.
You have no chance of changing anything.
If football is totally corrupt at the top. Which it is.
What chance do you have lower down?
Sad,but true.

Peter_Taylor

Dec 7, 2014
Storrington
No-one can criticise Bloom for the backing that he has given the club.
However, he is the only one who can sort out the clubs current predicament.
Yes, he has put money into the club but he is going to have to dig deeper to buy us out of the current problems.
A couple of defenders a replacement for Ulloa please (for more than a month).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Poyet, Garcia and Hyppia were recruited because of their coaching and motivating skills, they were not recruited on the basis of their financial acumen. Giving coaches and managers the key to the purse is not a good idea.

Oh for heaven's sake! You TELL the manager how much is available to spend, don't just say, 'Spend what you like'. And the main basis of your argument, Magath spunking £12M on Mitroglio, is just bo11ocks; it didn't happen like that (see above posts from people who know more about football than you or I do). Mitroglio joined Fulham before Magath (although was an equally bad signing).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Sorry, did you just mention Hyypia and coaching and motivational skills in the same sentence there?

OK, fine, whatever.

Peter_Taylor

Dec 7, 2014
Storrington

I'm not sure what a key to a purse is but we still have the Ulloa millions waiting to be invested in the team. Hopefully somebody has been out scouting for January buys.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Are you seriously comparing SH with probably the greatest manager ever to walk the earth. If you are then you need to slap yourself round face really hard. Alan Pardew is also a decent manager. Newcastle fans are just fickle. The difference between your examples and SH is that SH is diabolically shit and the other 2 are not

Slap yourself around the face, when you've woken up read my post.....I'm NOT comparing Sami, I'm comparing gutless so called (fine weather) supporters. Who feel it is a crime when their team doesn't win.
Surely anyone with even half a brain can see the players NOW available to Sami are of much less a calibre than those on the books 12 months ago...Sami's not Jesus FFS. For the 'needy' on NSC who are looking or need to blame someone I suggest they look more towards the Procurement Dept than the poor bugger that's been left with a less competent squad.
The whingers want it all ways on here....it's Blooms Fault for selling...it's Burke's fault for poor transfers deals..it's Samis fault because he can't make a silk purse from a sows ear.....he has my sympathy. And the club still has my support. Just as it would if we were in the Ryman League, because like many on here I fully support BHA, thick n thin.

Bloom is in it for what he can make out of it make no mistake.
I really find it difficult to reconcile statements like this with the fact that The Bloom Foundation (formerly the Tony Bloom Charitable Trust) spends about £4.6 million in two years on donations to dozens of charities. If the guy was only in it for the money, he surely wouldn't be doing this sort of thing, would he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here