Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom BBC interview

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
That's the logic Tony is fighting.

He must have days when he thinking 'go f**k yourselves' and day dreams about putting a giant padlock over his stadium and fecks off to Australia.

True, but I doubt very much that he takes much interest in the ramblings of us lot on NSC! He's his own man and I am quite impressed by the way he has gone about his business and pleasantly surprised how the squad nows looks and the type of football we may be looking forward to. We shouldn't be surprised that he comes across as a total professional - after all ,he is!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm sure Tony and the club would like to control social media more than they do / can because every large organisation would like to. After all, to paraphrase an old saying, opinions are like bumholes - everyone's got one and sooner or later it'll appear on the internet.

The positives? It has been a REALLY good window in the end. We have found some very exciting players, from Saturday Colunga, Tex and Holla stand out but I've no doubt Baldock will do the business at this level, COG offers different options - a plan B some might say - and Stockdale will come good.

The negatives? If I had a magic wand I would have more or less the same deals but in a different order. For the reasons Tony mentions in the interview its not possible but we went from famine to feast very, very quickly. The Sheffield Wednesday game WAS a terrible performance from a weak and inexperienced squad and I'm led to believe Birmingham was the same. People have to be free to criticise in those circumstances. 99% of football fans are children with short term expectations who live match by match and when they're charged over £40 for a ticket who can blame them?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
True, but I doubt very much that he takes much interest in the ramblings of us lot on NSC! He's his own man and I am quite impressed by the way he has gone about his business and pleasantly surprised how the squad nows looks and the type of football we may be looking forward to. We shouldn't be surprised that he comes across as a total professional - after all ,he is!
and yet for some he and his appointments still have to prove themselves.

Joke 'fans'.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Sheffield Wednesday game WAS a terrible performance from a weak and inexperienced squad and I'm led to believe Birmingham was the same. People have to be free to criticise in those circumstances. 99% of football fans are children with short term expectations who live match by match and when they're charged over £40 for a ticket who can blame them?

Agree entirely that Wednesday and B'Ham were painful to watch and if we were not to sign any players it would have been a tough season ahead. Those who voiced similar concerns entitled to a grumble, especially with the trains ****ed to B'Ham too.

There's a world of difference between moaning about two crap performances and calling for the heads of senior management. The plebs who were singing "you don't know what you're doing" to Hyppia too didn't come across as being too sharp either.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Agree entirely that Wednesday and B'Ham were painful to watch and if we were not to sign any players it would have been a tough season ahead. Those who voiced similar concerns entitled to a grumble, especially with the trains ****ed to B'Ham too.

There's a world of difference between moaning about two crap performances and calling for the heads of senior management. The plebs who were singing "you don't know what you're doing" to Hyppia too didn't come across as being too sharp either.

Good post. Can't argue with a word.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
TB mentions potential transfers being scuppered after details were released before the deal was done.

Why would that scupper anything? I'm sure it did, but I don't understand why something 99% finished would fall through because someone tweets about signings imminent.

Is it merely that a PL club could have its ears pricked up and then jumps in and hijacks it? If so, that's an odd way for any football club to run its transfer activity...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here