Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom and the Club's Premiership millions

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
My son's autistic. I'm not sure what his condition has to do with correctly describing the top division in English football.

Some are just ignorant hear a big word and feel they need to use it.Sad really.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Don't you think pedantic crew might be a better description? That's twice today you've referred to posters as autistic.

I will certainly be pedantic about the OP referring to 'Premiership' millions. We are not in professional rugby or Scottish football. It's the PREMIER LEAGUE FFS. Is it really so difficult?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I will certainly be pedantic about the OP referring to 'Premiership' millions. We are not in professional rugby or Scottish football. It's the PREMIER LEAGUE FFS. Is it really so difficult?

I missed that error. Even sports reporters/journalists make that cock up at times. The constant rebranding in the last 25 years of leagues and divisions - Scottish Football, English, Rugby Union and Rugby League, make it easily done.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Absolutely. Being pedantic is fun.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Even sports reporters/journalists make that cock up at times. The constant rebranding in the last 25 years of leagues and divisions - Scottish Football, English, Rugby Union and Rugby League, make it easily done.

No self-respecting sports reporter still calls it the Premiership. Constant rebranding? It's been the Premier League for the last TEN seasons! The only difference recently is that there's no title sponsor.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Seems stupid to use his own money and interest on business loans is tax deductible.
Relying on capacity crowds and should get them at least for first season I would have thought.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

can't believe i did that! especially as i then got it right in the actual post. :shootself:

I missed that error. Even sports reporters/journalists make that cock up at times. The constant rebranding in the last 25 years of leagues and divisions - Scottish Football, English, Rugby Union and Rugby League, make it easily done.

this.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Oops the autistic crew will hate you for this :lolol:

Unfortunate turn of phrase there.
Those with autistic children ( I have two ) will know the struggles that life throws at them. I really didn't think that autism had any comedic value at all but clearly you consider otherwise.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Isn't it just an advance secured against funds that will be payable from the Premier League?

Standard procedure I would have thought!

Absolute standard procedure, I would have thought. A bit like a pay-day loan, but grown-up, and lower interest.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Surprised you haven't yet apologised.

I do a lot of voluntary work at a special needs school, I think I should take him and show him around. He will see how wonderful the kids are. Maybe he would then choose not to 'mock' a disability in the future!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here