Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom and His Money

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Owns a lot of property in London (big commercial property) I believe. But a lot is off shored too so no one really knows apart from him, his accountant and a few close others.

Someone close to one of his ventures reckons in terms of portfolio, not a billionaire, but it's in the few hundreds of million.

But would someone spend over half their wealth on a football club? Also if its in property how has he funded it? Its his own cheques not bank loans. Must be worth much more than a few hundred million

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Owns a lot of property in London (big commercial property) I believe. But a lot is off shored too so no one really knows apart from him, his accountant and a few close others.

Someone close to one of his ventures reckons in terms of portfolio, not a billionaire, but it's in the few hundreds of million.

Off shore and tax avoiding? Should we boycott?

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
But would someone spend over half their wealth on a football club? Also if its in property how has he funded it? Its his own cheques not bank loans. Must be worth much more than a few hundred million

Spread Betting Company. Asia. Sold. £hundreds of millions.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Heard varies rumours his fortune is over a billion, but only rumours.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Heard varies rumours his fortune is over a billion, but only rumours.

Wouldn't be surprised. Owns a heck of a lot of real estate in Australia and in the UK. Enjoy Leeds tomorrow mate! :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Only vaguely Albion-related thing where I have a genuine source. He is comfortably a billionaire.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He's MINTED.

I think the Times Rich List last year said he was worth £50m, despite him investing over £100m into the club! What sort of man would throw 2/3rds of his money at a football club? :lolol:

No, using their wildly under estimated guess, he has therefore invested 200% of his money into the Albion, with is nonsense, as the £100m investment in the Albion's shares is not an accounting or investment loss or gift in any way .... he has merely moved replaced an asset in his portfolio with another.

To come up with £100m of cash, and with commercial property equity lending ratios being low these days, it shows his wealth to be in the £100m's.

Obviously very private, and with Australian citizenship muddying the waters, the Sunday Times etc can carry on wildly guessing.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Only vaguely Albion-related thing where I have a genuine source. He is comfortably a billionaire.

You and me both Mr Mellotron

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here