Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Blair Philanthropist of the year

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
In a tribute to Mr Blair on its website, GQ said:

"Alongside his role as a Middle East peace envoy, Blair's channelled his energy into philanthropy, establishing three charities.

"The Tony Blair Sports Foundation pairs volunteer sport coaches with children in Britain's North East and his Faith Foundation aims to reconcile the three Abrahamic faiths, but his most ambitious is the Tony Blair Africa Governance Initiative.

"Launched in 2008, the foundation operates in six African countries... where teams work alongside government bodies to bridge the gap between African leaders' visions for a better future and their government's ability to implement it.

"In Sierra Leone, for example, AGI has helped deliver an entirely free healthcare programme that's cut the number of children in hospital dying from malaria by 80%."

What did you all get up to this year?

To clear his guilty conscious and should speed up the knighthood nicely.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Why does NO ONE actually seem to be talking about what Tony Blair has done THIS year? As that's all that actually matters. I think people have gotten a bit confused as to what this award is for.

It's like saying Messi can't win footballer of the year because he was shit at football when he was 1 year old.

So, I will go out misinforming everyone, authorise the slaughter of innocents this year and appease it all by dedicating the whole of next year to charity.
That should warrant an OBE at least.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So, I will go out misinforming everyone, authorise the slaughter of innocents this year and appease it all by dedicating the whole of next year to charity.
That should warrant an OBE at least.

Riiight...

I'm not even saying he SHOULD win it, just that it's bizarre that not a single person on here was actually talking even for a moment as to WHY he's won it. We now know why, because he's done a huge amount of good in recent years.

Still, carry on.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why does NO ONE actually seem to be talking about what Tony Blair has done THIS year? As that's all that actually matters. I think people have gotten a bit confused as to what this award is for.

It's like saying Messi can't win footballer of the year because he was shit at football when he was 1 year old.

Once a murderous, lying, warmongering, hypocritical despot, always a murderous, lying, warmongering, hypocritical despot.

I see the Middle East Peace Envoy job is going well then, I'm sure all this philanthropy is not there to deflect attention.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

In an alternative universe Hitler survived and won the Turner Prize.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Riiight...

I'm not even saying he SHOULD win it, just that it's bizarre that not a single person on here was actually talking even for a moment as to WHY he's won it. We now know why, because he's done a huge amount of good in recent years.

Still, carry on.

Please feel free to look up irony in the dictionary.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Tony Blair is like a person who starts a fire, puts it out and is hailed the hero. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here