NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just a few days out.

[tweet]269075122051231745[/tweet]

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He also go Pinball Wizard by The Who banned.

On what grounds? I think it would have to be a fairly devious hearing of the lyrics unless there's somethng I've missed

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Whats the betting he could well end up on "the list"

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
They were based on Blackburn and Alan Freeman (I think).
Really? I always thought of DLT and Simon Bates, two DJ's I despised by that time. I guess thinking about the voices they used you may well be right though.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Really? I always thought of DLT and Simon Bates, two DJ's I despised by that time. I guess thinking about the voices they used you may well be right though.

Well the one played by Harry Enfield, liked young men, and I think Freeman was gay. He also spoke like him. In one of the(special edition) episodes, the one played by Paul, kept on playing sentimental tunes after his break up. I took this to be Blackburn.

Mind you, they may just be a parody of all the DJs at the time, so we could both be right.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Really!! About the 'Oo!!!!, banning the Jam!!!. Not forgetting that prick Reid banning, Frankie.
FFS, it's when you look back at those barren years, that you wonder how bands managed to get any decent music out.
Oh grief, it's all coming back to me...... Blackburn, Travis, Reid, Gary whatis, Simon Fukin Bates.
These fuckers 'controlled'
Ooohhh, I'm feeling ill.

'Thats Entertainment', BTW

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Really!! About the 'Oo!!!!, banning the Jam!!!. Not forgetting that prick Reid banning, Frankie.
FFS, it's when you look back at those barren years, that you wonder how bands managed to get any decent music out.
Oh grief, it's all coming back to me...... Blackburn, Travis, Reid, Gary whatis, Simon Fukin Bates.
These fuckers 'controlled'
Ooohhh, I'm feeling ill.

'Thats Entertainment', BTW

I still think one of the funniest things I have ever heard was DLT's live resignation on radio 1 on a Sunday morning. It was all supposed to be so dramatic and whatever, while I was sitting there inwardly cheering and thinking "well hurry up and p*ss off then.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Well the one played by Harry Enfield, liked young men, and I think Freeman was gay. He also spoke like him. In one of the(special edition) episodes, the one played by Paul, kept on playing sentimental tunes after his break up. I took this to be Blackburn.

Mind you, they may just be a parody of all the DJs at the time, so we could both be right.

Generally a parody of all daytime Radio 1 DJs, interestingly according to Enfield, that despite getting sent up Freeman got the joke and joined in, whereas DLT was scathing in his criticism and said the characters weren't funny in the slightest.

If you can find it, Simon Garfield's "A Nation's Favourite" tells the story of the great Radio 1 cull of the early 1990s in the style of Build a Bonfire. Neither DLT or Simon Bates come out of it very well.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you can find it, Simon Garfield's "A Nation's Favourite" tells the story of the great Radio 1 cull of the early 1990s in the style of Build a Bonfire. Neither DLT or Simon Bates come out of it very well.

Sounds interesting. Cheers. DLT and Bates don't surprise me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports