Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's trains...

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Still home in Burgess Hill before 11? 9 miles in 90 minutes sums up the shambles at the ground. All that money spent on the stadium but they insist on making fans queue for an hour to get a train. Just to sum up, you can fly to Paris in the time it takes for you to get a train 4 miles to Brighton station :)

Get a grip mate; we all know that Southern can't cope very well at night games with their rolling stock all over the place due to work commuters. But if I go to any stadium with 25,000 plus crowds I don't expect to get away instantly...

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
Still home in Burgess Hill before 11? 9 miles in 90 minutes sums up the shambles at the ground. All that money spent on the stadium but they insist on making fans queue for an hour to get a train. Just to sum up, you can fly to Paris in the time it takes for you to get a train 4 miles to Brighton station :)

You think the club are responsible for the trains? Can I blame them for the roadworks on the A27 as well? *******s.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I have to say the Mill Road P&R service on Saturday and tonight was noticeably better than normal.

I would put this down to the fact that the turn round of buses was much quicker due to Bennett's Field being 'closed' until the queues had cleared.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Why do they put 8 carriages on Sat, when fans travel between 11-30 and 2pm, yet put 4 carriages on Tues between 5pm and 7-30pm.
Midweek games mean that many fans travel after work and at the same time.
Sort it.
Fans also need to get straight home after midweek games, but can stagger the journeys on a Saturday.
Not rocket science is it.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Sod the trains, I'm sticking with the Seagulls Travel coaches!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Took me two hours to get back to goring, I was home within an hour on Saturday

Two hours to get back home to Shoreham. This is beyond my tolerance.

It was just as bad on the way in.

It is the fault of the railways. They are getting paid.

Warmer weather and I think it might be best to cycle from Shoreham.

Trains in rush hour are naff. On the out journey, trains going the other way and people were standing.

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
When a special train is laid on for 'local' teams, why not wait until 10.30, & sell beer etc in the away end until then.
Brighton fans were prevented from going on the platform when the 9.50 Seaford train went. The next train was 10.05 to Eastbourne, so 30 mins after the end of the match.
4,trains had gone to Brighton in that time.
The special didn't stop at Lewes as I watched it go through whilst waiting for my connection, which was late.

Normally the special train is arranged for 22.30 but for some reason it was early,I still had QPR fans drinking when last orders were called.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If there is going to be a special train put on for the opposition, ie against a larger London club then I park in Lewes as the trains for Seaford and Eastbourne are delayed. Others heading Eastbound might care to follow. No rocket science required.

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove

Exactly. Ludicrous situation.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Exactly. Ludicrous situation.

It flowed fine on Saturday. The difference is that everyone wants to head for home at the final whistle at night games. On Saturdays fans are willing to stagger their leaving times. This isn't easy to fix for the club, if you have suggestions for improvement I'm sure that the club would love to hear from you.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It flowed fine on Saturday. The difference is that everyone wants to head for home at the final whistle at night games. On Saturdays fans are willing to stagger their leaving times. This isn't easy to fix for the club, if you have suggestions for improvement I'm sure that the club would love to hear from you.

Trains arriving at a rate of more than one in 45 minutes would help. The Transport manager admitted there were problems last night on Twitter.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There were a lot of half full trains still leaving Falmer which is unbelievable ! Then the delays at Brighton out west due to some idiot threatening the driver which then delayed everyone even more

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How exactly do you expect to shift 28,000 people, a vast amount of them by train, and it doesn't take a bit of time?

I accept that, but last night was exceptionally bad. Fans weren't allowed on the platform 15 minutes after the game had finished, letting a Seaford train leave empty. Then there was one Eastbourne train, the special train and another Seaford 4 carriage train in one hour. That doesn't help shift many people to the east or London.
It has been better at night games than that.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
The post above about the Seaford train leaving almost empty, proves just how good #shoutyman is! On platform 2 he keeps it running. I have been there when stewards have said the platform is full but #shoutyman overrules them and gets another couple of hundred people on. He is proactive and engages with the fans.

Whilst accepting that Southern don't have enough rolling stock and they can't get extra coaches early evening, it must be easy to put an extra four on a round trip from Eastbourne and Worthing for a couple of loops after the match? They did manage to find eight coaches for a QPR special though.

Alternatively, perhaps Southern should charter the preserved diesel unit from Hastings for evening matches and run a six car special from Hastings on the evening kick offs? The preserved diesel unit would also be great to charter for away games as it has a buffet car. Bring back the Seagull Special.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Making the trains longer for midweek games would help. The one I got to Falmer from London Road an hour or so before kick-off (18:25) was three carriages long and the previous train was 20 minutes earlier. As a result it was absolutely rammed. How's that supposed to service a pretendance of 28,000 people?

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I accept that, but last night was exceptionally bad. Fans weren't allowed on the platform 15 minutes after the game had finished, letting a Seaford train leave empty. Then there was one Eastbourne train, the special train and another Seaford 4 carriage train in one hour. That doesn't help shift many people to the east or London.
It has been better at night games than that.

A train pulled away heading to Brighton with just THREE people standing in the first carriage despite us all calling out to the stewards that there was plenty of room. There was many of us pointing it out. In fact even the second carriage had minimal people standing. It was a joke. There were no stewards towards that end of the platform to even check. And when I mentioned that there was so much room on those carriages to the chap on the platform who was constantly shouting "to the end of the platform" he simply said to me "no there wasn't, sir". Basically calling me a liar despite many other individuals and groups calling the same thing. Oh, and without actually checking the carriages either

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here