Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's game

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Mathematically Boro can still do it, who`ve they got last game??.....oops shite team...could they win 15-0 and Bournemouth lose 6-0

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A very settled side without the need to rely too heavily on mercenary loan players. Congratulations to them, however disappointed we are by our own season it shouldn't detract from the fact that this is a cracking story. A properly good football team is getting promoted to the Premier League for the first time.
They score a lot of goals it is true, but they have also been greatly helped by loanee Artur Boruc keeping them out at the other end! A properly good football team making properly good use of the loan system. Must be quite handy knowing you've got Kenwyne Jones to come on as an impact sub should you need him - wish we'd had him!

Anyway, congratulations to Bournemouth, well done. Rock on Tommy (and Steve)!

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Don't get the hate for Eddie Howe.

Young, English manager who has built two teams promoted to the Premier League.

Intelligent and articulate

Bournemouth playing some of the best football I've seen in the second tier in my lifetime.

If they hang on to Wilson and Ritchie plus add a bit of experience at the back I'll be having a hefty bet on them to stay up.

Could you imagine Palace, West Brom, Hull or West Ham living with them?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Could you imagine Palace, West Brom, Hull or West Ham living with them?
Yes I can. They are likely to come straight back down - and I'm mot saying this trying to spoil their party. It's great for them, they've earned it, and good luck to them.

It is difficult for most sides promoted into the top flight - a great many do come straight back down (not that that's too bad these days with parachute payments!) but the top flight historically seems to have a special malice for first timers, 'little clubs', that the big boys seem to instinctively feel don't belong there. Just ask the likes of Swindon, Barnsley - and going back a bit the likes of Leyton Orient, Northampton and Carlisle United.
They didn't exactly make us welcome in '79, did they?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
A very settled side without the need to rely too heavily on mercenary loan players. Congratulations to them, however disappointed we are by our own season it shouldn't detract from the fact that this is a cracking story. A properly good football team is getting promoted to the Premier League for the first time.

Type of football I'd love us to be playing. It's why I'm in favour of bringing in young players, getting them into a real sense of team solidarity and getting them to gel. Push in a couple of seasons. Means we need patience, but I think we need to get a solid side together and stop tinkering. That's what Bournemouth did....it's what we should have done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here