Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonights End of Season Awards thread

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It just shows what we've got when Dunk and Stephens make the top 15 of the League squad yet Kayal is our rightful player of the season. The team oozes quality.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Brilliant ceremony, slick production, moving tributes to the Shoreham Airshow victims and the utter focus of the whole club was palpable. The Premier league is our destiny this season for sure.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Cg2AfUPWkAA13Fq.jpg

Bow-tie alert.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Very good watch - much better than what was on TV. Thanks to Bozza for the heads-up!

Two out of three of the big ones right for me: Kayal player of the season, and Goldson young player of the season (by a country mile, even if every time I see him he reminds me more and more of Mr. Tumnus in The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe!). Still think Bobby's first time touch, after a ninety yard run, should have got the goal of the season though; still, never mind - well done Skylark - your's was bloody good too!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So that was the main ceremony but will they present Kayal with his CRT portable tv before the game against Derby, like they always used to. A trophy is nice but hardly useful!

Brighton_Rose

Up the Albion!
Aug 13, 2011
Withdean Brighton
So pleased we watched this, felt very moved and proud. A more exciting award ceremony in our current situation and after a super season! Love the club! Feeling the nervous excitement too! :albion2:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Bruno is technically on a different planet to any other player in the Championship and, purely from a skill perspective should have won.

However, if there is one man he can lose to it's Kayal. Not because I think Kayal is as good a footballer. He's not. In fact, I'm not sure he's even our most gifted central midfielder. But he's the EXACT type of player all good teams have and the one we lacked for several years before we got him. It really is hard to find players and characters like him. He's the true captain, the leader, the organiser. Every game, it's so obvious he's in charge of this team on the pitch. It's impossible to succeed without someone in this role (see Arsenal) and he is outstanding at it. He's probably the player who has had the biggest impact on our success, so therefore he's a fantastic winner.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, but he IS a very skillful player. His first touch is excellent, he can turn players inside out in the midfield and his passing and decision making is top class. I bloody love the man.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So that was the main ceremony but will they present Kayal with his CRT portable tv before the game against Derby, like they always used to. A trophy is nice but hardly useful!

Redifusion portable TVs for the runners-up[emoji3]?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick

I remember the year at the Goldstone where they presented the player of the season with a "lovely" and "useful" . . . hostess trolley !!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not because I think Kayal is as good a footballer. He's not. In fact, I'm not sure he's even our most gifted central midfielder.

I know you're sore because Bruno lost but hang on here.

"Not a good footballer"?

Utter utter tosh! He is the best all round central midfielder in the division ahead of the likes of Clayton, Stephens and Barton. He is incredibly skilful and reminds me of a Paul Scholes who can tackle rather than the one who scored for fun. A brilliant player who's fully deserved his award. He can pick a pass, long or short. He is two footed. He can score a goal. He can lead a team. He moves Stephens around the pitch like a chess piece to support him. He is a great! He is King!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bruno is technically on a different planet to any other player in the Championship and, purely from a skill perspective should have won.

However, if there is one man he can lose to it's Kayal. Not because I think Kayal is as good a footballer. He's not. In fact, I'm not sure he's even our most gifted central midfielder. But he's the EXACT type of player all good teams have and the one we lacked for several years before we got him. It really is hard to find players and characters like him. He's the true captain, the leader, the organiser. Every game, it's so obvious he's in charge of this team on the pitch. It's impossible to succeed without someone in this role (see Arsenal) and he is outstanding at it. He's probably the player who has had the biggest impact on our success, so therefore he's a fantastic winner.
I wouldn't rush to disagree with any of that.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
How many games have we won without Kayal in the side? That should tell you all you need to know from the last season.

Not sure it tells you that much. Our success this year is built , thankfully, on more than Kayal; superb as he is. Bruno was my choice but Kayal is clearly well deserved. But does the stat that Kayal has appeared in 4 out of our 5 defeats this season prove much ? Was he responsible for those ?

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
I know you're sore because Bruno lost but hang on here.

"Not a good footballer"?

Utter utter tosh! He is the best all round central midfielder in the division ahead of the likes of Clayton, Stephens and Barton. He is incredibly skilful and reminds me of a Paul Scholes who can tackle rather than the one who scored for fun. A brilliant player who's fully deserved his award. He can pick a pass, long or short. He is two footed. He can score a goal. He can lead a team. He moves Stephens around the pitch like a chess piece to support him. He is a great! He is King!

"Not AS good".

There is a big difference between the two statements.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I voted Bruno, but really, I don't think anyone could put up a strong argument between Bruno, Kayal or Stocko. All have been superb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here