Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight is curry night!

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Friday night is of course Curry Night - presumably much to the annoyance of the Indians and Bangladeshis who would prefer their trade more evenly spread,

I shall be heading to my local (Village Spice) later for a Chicken Tikka Karai with Mushroom Rice, washed down by a couple of pints of Kingfisher. I'm nothing if not a creature of habit!

Friday used to be fish and chips night.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Saturday night is curry night for us. we use "touch of india" as our main curry house. I have a chicken dansak with onion bhaji's and some garlic nana.
YUM

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't like curries, but I cook them for friends and family occasionally. I got 'The New Curry Secret'. Apparently the base sauce is pretty much the same, but the recipes in the new one are all a bit more out there than the first. My friends and family have mostly really enjoyed them.

I also have 'The Takeaway Secret' that has recipes for common takeaway foods. I've done a home-made big mac (the biggest flaw with that is finding a comparable bun). I've also used the recipes in there for doner kebab (rolled the meat out and grilled as instructed in another recipe rather than baking as a meatloaf and slicing), chicken doner and bbq chicken kebab.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't like curries, but I cook them for friends and family occasionally. I got 'The New Curry Secret'. Apparently the base sauce is pretty much the same, but the recipes in the new one are all a bit more out there than the first. My friends and family have mostly really enjoyed them.

Does is show basic BIR recipes like Jalfreezi, Dhansak, Pasander etc. I have downloaded the basic one to my tablet via kindle but if the other is better for what we like as above I will have that one downloaded.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Does is show basic BIR recipes like Jalfreezi, Dhansak, Pasander etc. I have downloaded the basic one to my tablet via kindle but if the other is better for what we like as above I will have that one downloaded.

Not in the new curry secrets. It has Balti, Biryani and Tika Masala,. It also has Methiwalla, Chettinad, Karahi, Dhesi, Dosai, Pakora, Murgh, Parsi and others that I'd also never heard of.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
A lot easier to phone up and have it delivered without the smell lingering in the house for days.
Yes it is easier but for someone like myself who likes cooking, likes curries and doesn't want too much hassle, it is a fool proof guide to making great curries each and every time. Appreciate it won't suit everyone.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Esna's the East Worthing - Chicken Madras - but I ask for it a little hotter.

Generally though my family prefer home-made.

Eshna's is the right answer for anyone that side of Worthing. On the west side shafiques is pretty useful.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Taste of Bengal in Worthing for me. Same owners since I've been getting take away from there for 20+ years

Will have to keep searching but I must say I thought the Curry Secrets one showed them but looking at it on line it appears not so.

Go on YouTube, search Al's Kitchen (the guy in the video).

He's put shit loads of recipes all using the base sauce.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Tonight, used a Jalfrezi base. Added cumin, turmeric and chilli flakes with a little garlic before a final flourish of mushrooms and peppers. Rice and heated chilli/garlic nans liberally sprinkled with water and a fine Fleurie.

Now, what time are The Jam on?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What is this NSC curry night that people so jestfully speak of ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In answer to the question, my favourite curry take aways are Chilli Pickle and Planet India.

Always had a pleasant meal at Planet India.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Friday night is Pizza night. No other food considered.

Curry pizza?
Tandoori+Chicken+Pizza.jpg

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Just put away the leftovers from a home-made batch of chicken korma curry, as per Madhur Jaffrey's recipe.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
i'D LIKE THE Amex to serve up curry at the concessions stand. #it would be wonderful smell the waft of a Bhuna during matches...:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here