Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight I will Be Mostly Watching Dredd 3D

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
From what I've heard it is better than the stallone version. General consensus seems to be that it's decent enough, but it could have been better.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
what I call a RONSEAL movie - does what it says on the tin.

Not much plot, plenty of action, some great visuals. Dredd remains an enigma and the helmet stays on - so good.

I don't these days but if you smoke pot or have a 1/4 tab of acid floating about I would have at it and expect it to be IMMENSE.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
god that Stallone one was awful. First scene and he takes off his helmet!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I am the LORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I am the LORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

images

Evil Edna

Roll the dice!
Jul 15, 2007
Where poet's live.
I've not seen it yet but from what I've herd it's a lot better but could have been better. The guy on 5 live said he would have rather seen it in 2D not 3D. He also said that the film reminded him of the raid redemption while he was watching it. Which he said was a lot better, and was made with a fraction of the cost on a 1million budget instead of 45million the dread was.

I've see the raid redemption and would recommend watching this film as well, that is if you don't mind surtitles.

[yt]PkULMOFpuCo[/yt]

Personally I'm can't wait to go and see this film even though I'm not a big fan of 3D films. That's why I enjoyed the new batman so much because there was no risk of having to watch it with plastic shades on.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
My son saw Dredd 3D and said it was one of those rare films that actually worked well in 3 D. The effects depended upon it rather than the 3 D being added on as an after thought.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
The Stallone one was too childish. The highlight for me was the Mean Angel gang. Want to go and watch the new one but no one will go with me :-(

I think they REALLY need to do a Rogue Trooper movie...that would be flairatastic.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Should only be watched in 3D. And I say this as one sympathetic to Mark Kermode's views on the subject.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Used to love Judge Dredd in 2000AD. Stalones movie tried to merge too many stories into one.. 4 films of Cursed Earth, Judge Child, Apocalypse War and Judge Death etc. would be perfect.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Stallone one was too childish. The highlight for me was the Mean Angel gang. Want to go and watch the new one but no one will go with me :-(

I think they REALLY need to do a Rogue Trooper movie...that would be flairatastic.

As would be seeing the Strontium Dog on film...

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Am tempted to see Dredd. Although it was never my favourite strip. Hopefullly it will be a massive success and spawn a franchise of 2000AD movies.
Rogue, Johnny Alpha would make reasonable movies, but personally I would pay good money to see Scarlett Johansson in the Ballad of Halo Jones.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Am tempted to see Dredd. Although it was never my favourite strip. Hopefullly it will be a massive success and spawn a franchise of 2000AD movies.
Rogue, Johnny Alpha would make reasonable movies, but personally I would pay good money to see Scarlett Johansson in the Ballad of Halo Jones.
A Halo Jones movie would be good as long as the studio didn't f*** it around too much, but I'm not sure you could talk Alan Moore into it. And it would probably be better done wholly as CGI (something along the lines of the look of 'FF:Advent Children'). I'm surprised they haven't done 'Slaine' yet either (not that it was one of my favourite stories). Perhaps an early 'Nemesis The Warlock' movie (set before the series disappeared up its own arse).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

But who would you cast as Durham Red?? ( kiera knightly for me )

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I never understood Alan Moore's aversion to movie versions of his characters. V for vendetta, Watchmen and Constantine are probably the best comics conversions IMHO.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Used to love The Stainless Steel Rat stories. Of course that's a totally different copyright, but Slippery Jim di Griz could be awesome on screen. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here