walcott goes in the book of the dead,
the rest were well below par,
we draw a line in the sand on
terrys shaggin of celopatra.

right, im off...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Right here goes:

We will get RAPED by a decent side down our Left as Gerrard DOES NOT WORK on the left....f*** sake its obvious!
Walcott a big NO to start
Wright-Phillips...hmmm maybe but like Walcott & Lennon they are great last 25minutes RUN AT THE DEFENCE type players not a full 90minuters!
Baine....did alright considering he had to cover the ENTIRE left wing!
Brown...I hate him but have to admit he did ALRIGHT, not amazing, still dodgy in certain areas but did alright.
Green...no help with the quality goal, did well.
Terry...dodgy all night 'nuff said.
Upson...did alright, gay slip for the goal but did alright
Crouch...take him, gotta do that now at least
Millner....should START left wing 'nuff said

England NEED to play with solid structure across the midfield, as I said any decent team would RAPE us down our Left wing as Gerrard there does f*** all and Rooney cant do all the dog work up front.

MozzaaSCFC

The Stokie
Mar 2, 2010
Stoke-on-Trent
Well until we scored thought we we're diabolical and looked totally out of depth; but soon as Carrick & Crouch came on totally changed the game and the only winner was going be England; shame no Shawcross but I suspected he wouldn't get a bit of a run :glare:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Well until we scored thought we we're diabolical and looked totally out of depth; but soon as Carrick & Crouch came on totally changed the game and the only winner was going be England; shame no Shawcross but I suspected he wouldn't get a bit of a run :glare:

far from Diabolical, thats what SCOTLAND have to deal with. We we're PANTS but not all that bad, if Fat FRank had scored early on with that GOLDEN chance the whole complexity of the game would've changed.
I think theres some sorta pressure on the players to perform better against the lower teams than the bigger teams sometimes "Oh shit its 25mins into the first half and we hav'nt scored yet...PANIC" springs to mind!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Is he, dare I say it, over rated??

No. He just doesn't do it for England. he has been one of the best club players in Europe over the past few years. They build the side around Gerrard at Liverpool. England ask him to play out of position. It's not hard to work out the problem.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If Gerrard is not in the England squad Fabio is making a humungous error.

He can deliver in the right position which the manager must resolve.

MozzaaSCFC

The Stokie
Mar 2, 2010
Stoke-on-Trent
far from Diabolical, thats what SCOTLAND have to deal with. We we're PANTS but not all that bad, if Fat FRank had scored early on with that GOLDEN chance the whole complexity of the game would've changed.
I think theres some sorta pressure on the players to perform better against the lower teams than the bigger teams sometimes "Oh shit its 25mins into the first half and we hav'nt scored yet...PANIC" springs to mind!

They should be used to the pressure they play in the biggest league in the world; but we could hardly string a pass together for over 50mins with many players playing below par; they weren't that good themselves but we're still good opposition; it just confirms to me that Crouch more than deserves to go to South Africa :clap2:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We've got absolutely nobody on the Wing (Ramsay)

as we learned from alf ramsey its not about having the best players, but the best team. time to drop rooney and stevie g and let's win the world cup.

Drop both Gerrard and Lampard

:thumbsup:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Based on this performance the team should be

?

? ? ? ?

? Carrick Barry Milner

Rooney ?

Subs: Crouch ? ? ? ? ? ?

The only English players that were really naff were Gerrard and Lampard.

Forgotten: Beckham could fill the right midfield spot. As much as I dislike the selfish twerp, in the absence of Owen (crocked) Defoe seems the best bet. But a 4-4-1-1 system seems best.

Defence:
Terry seems slow and ponderous to me.

I think I would like Dawson and Ferdinand. Bridge is the obvious left back on the field.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
gerrard is big issue, the issue is this:

of u play gerrard you build a team around him, THAT is when he is affective.

otherwise, with a set slot and role, he is tosh.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The only player we should have ever built an England team around was Matt Le Tissier. I am sure I read that Pele stated he would have won 100 caps if he was Brasilian.

Pele also said the Nicky Butt was the best player in the World. The bloke has a history of being a complete idiot when commenting on football.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Pele also said the Nicky Butt was the best player in the World. The bloke has a history of being a complete idiot when commenting on football.

He said he was the best player at the 2002 World Cup, which is a bit different, and he was definetely one of the best

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
He said he was the best player at the 2002 World Cup, which is a bit different, and he was definetely one of the best

"His left foot is fantastic. It’s like Mozart. God gave Freddy (Adu) the gift to play soccer. If he is prepared mentally and physically, nobody will stop him." Pele

That is Benfica reject Freddy Adu.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
- Walcott starting was a joke
- Hart not starting (or even appearing) was an even bigger joke

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here