Jul 4, 2008
ZIDAN absolute player!!

3-1 Engerland tonight.

Rooney 2, Lampard
Zidan

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
What the hell has Walcott done this season to deserve a start, he's either been crocked or pony. James Milner is a much better option on the right in my opinion.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Brown is shite; but RB is one of our weak spots...would also of liked us to start with Joe Hart...our best keeper by far

I really can't think of a decent English right back other than Johnson. Richards looked like he could challenge for the spot but seems to have gone backwards in the last couple of years.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Can’t believe you’re all watching that meaningless friendly tonight when there’s a major poker game taking place at 8.

Each to their own I suppose.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
What the hell has Walcott done this season to deserve a start, he's either been crocked or pony. James Milner is a much better option on the right in my opinion.

There's not much pace elsewhere in the side, which is probably why Capello likes to pick Walcott or Lennon on the right.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yes Fabio Im liking it finally, some brownie points with me recovered !:thumbsup:

Rooney and Defoe up top.

God i really want them to play well together.

MozzaaSCFC

The Stokie
Mar 2, 2010
Stoke-on-Trent
I really can't think of a decent English right back other than Johnson. Richards looked like he could challenge for the spot but seems to have gone backwards in the last couple of years.

Johnson isn't brilliant either defensively :(; It also speaks volumes where I think Andy Wilkinson has a good chance of getting in the squad - love the guy, but not England material...yet anyway to hot headed imo; Agree with Richards aswell really would like to know why he has been poor last few seasons because I thought he was a quality player.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I dont see what is with the recent lack of decent English full-backs these days.
We're playing a CB that can't get on the United BENCH at RB! It's a bloody shambles.
Walcott has been dreadful of late. Not strong enough for my liking, or experienced.
Wouldve preferred Milner to start instead of Walcott, or even Beckham.
Don't see the point in playing Rooney either. What is the point in risking it?

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
There's not much pace elsewhere in the side, which is probably why Capello likes to pick Walcott or Lennon on the right.

I see your point, and with everyone being fit Lennon should be starting without doubt. Walcott just hasn't impressed for the last six months or so, though. In fact I'd go as far as to say that he has failed to live up to the hype since his hat-trick in Croatia. There's no doubt his pace is an asset to the side though, so it's up to him to earn his place at the World Cup.

Personally I'd drop Gerrard and have Milner on the left, or play Gerrard just behind Rooney and leave out Defoe. I just think the lack of width he gives us on the left is a problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here