Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomorrows World

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
As soon as this programme went off the air, technology progressed in leaps and bounds and it has never been replaced on mainstream TV, with all the advances and geeks out there surely it needs bringing back. Instead the BBC has regressed into the past with crap hunt, shit in your attic and The Antiques boreshow.

Love watching old clips, it always went wrong.

Tomorrows World: Mobile Phone 13 September 1979 - BBC - YouTube

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
As soon as this programme went off the air, technology progressed in leaps and bounds and it has never been replaced on mainstream TV, with all the advances and geeks out there surely it needs bringing back. Instead the BBC has regressed into the past with crap hunt, shit in your attic and The Antiques boreshow.

Love watching old clips, it always went wrong.

Tomorrows World: Mobile Phone 13 September 1979 - BBC - YouTube

If they really wanted to re create the future they should have strapped an old Polaroid to it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I remember the programme which featured CDs - they said they were virtually indestructible. Strange how when I try and play most of the older CDs in my collection they jump and skip all over the place...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I remember the programme which featured CDs - they said they were virtually indestructible. Strange how when I try and play most of the older CDs in my collection they jump and skip all over the place...
You could smear them with jam, and they still work...:lolol:

I remember that.

Dec 29, 2011
In 1970 could you old folks even imagine what technology we have these days? If I try to imagine 2040 technology would it be possible?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
In 1970 could you old folks even imagine what technology we have these days? If I try to imagine 2040 technology would it be possible?

It can be difficult, most people think of future Tech as being a refinement of current Tech i.e TV, Phones, cars and computers etc.

But every now and then new unimaginable tech comes along i.e the internet. Who could have foreseen that in the 60's or 70's?

I'm always wondering what the next brand new Tech will be that isn't a progression of current tech.

Personally, I'm hoping it's time travel, then I can go back and slash Gary Baileys tyres so he misses the coach for Wembley.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
It can be difficult, most people think of future Tech as being a refinement of current Tech i.e TV, Phones, cars and computers etc.

But every now and then new unimaginable tech comes along i.e the internet. Who could have foreseen that in the 60's or 70's?

I'm always wondering what the next brand new Tech will be that isn't a progression of current tech.

Personally, I'm hoping it's time travel, then I can go back and slash Gary Baileys tyres so he misses the coach for Wembley.

I think it will be transport, some kind of teleporter like you used to see in star trek. Transporting humans or not I don't know though. Also some whole new way to create energy.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Raymond Baxter opened our School fete once. I think he was a fighter pilot in the war.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here