Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tomorrow

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Loftus-Cheek for Dele is the only change I would make. I wouldn’t have dropped RLC against Colombia TBH, think he has been superb in every game.

I also think Sterling did well against Colombia and he’s been under rated this tournament. His movement has been excellent and created space for others. His speed constantly worries defenders too, he just needs, and deserves, a goal.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All about fitness IMO. Dele Alli is twice the player RLC is, and should 100% play, IF he is fit.

RLC looks more dangerous than he is. He carries the ball, which is good, and he's positive, which is good, but his decision making is utter gubbins. He never ACTUALLY creates anything.

Good post.

England fans, including on NSC, appear to have fallen in love with RLC over the last few weeks, deeming him to be a powerful destroyer in his match winning runs.

I've seen little end product, he takes a touch too many and suffers from the same trait as Walcott and Sterling in not playing the game with his head up, unaware of team mates positioning.

I suspect he's liked because he's a charging big unit, which is always popular with British football fans.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I'm glad there's some love for Sterling in this thread - there's been a whole mob after him this entire World Cup. It's become popular to dislike him. I haven't seen Twitter but I think I can pretty much guess what people have been saying about him on there without looking. On the BBC player rater (which is a load of bollocks) he's always right down at the bottom. I get the impression that this has a lot to do with Liverpool fans (why do they have so many?) who are still bitter that he left them - so constantly try to bring him down, and this has spread to sheeple who are fans of other clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here