Tomorrow night's viewing.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stinkers Bridge

Jul 28, 2004
Buxted Harbour
23:15 BBC1 Buster

Although he's best known as a musician, Phil Collins actually began his show-business career as a child actor. Here, he takes on his first lead movie role, playing Buster Edwards, one of the gang involved in the Great Train Robbery. Julie Walters plays his wife and they make the most of their roles as loveably cheeky cockney sparrers chirruping away in Acapulco after fleeing London. EastEnders-style cliches fall as thick and fast as the pair's "aitches", and, while Collins does his best, it's Walters who steals the limelight as a woman missing the comforts of home. Too squeaky clean to be believable, this is an entertaining but fairy-tale view of law-breaking.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
is it set in Buxted?

Stinkers Bridge

Jul 28, 2004
Buxted Harbour
Dave the Gaffer said:
is it set in Buxted?

Yeah - I think it depicts the 'Great Hot Cross Bun' Robbery from Auntie Edna's Bakery.

For years everyone thought that it was masterminded by a gang of out of towners that had been working at the local treacle mines. I guess we will get to know the truth after watching the documentary tomorrow night.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Johnny Crumplin Football said:
Phil Collins should be tried for crimes against music. He can't act to save his life either

On the plus side tho, he looks like he's got a stocking mask over his face ALL the time

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Dont forget that this film also features the number 1 hit single 'Your groovy kind of love' by Phil Collins himself.

I think its great how he got his life back on track to become a top pop singer after hed done his porridge.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Tubby Mondays said:
I quite fancy Julie Walters as well actually. Is this in anyway wrong?
I wouldn't say that was a problem, as long as it is when she was younger. nice bongos on her.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anytime he wants to
Stinkers can turn us onto
Any channel he wants to
Any channel at all
When we kiss his lips
Nothing seems to matter
Our whole world is shattered blah blah blah....

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Tomorrow nights viewing?

Surely only one thing to be watching, and the action will be taking place at the Priestfield Stadium!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I recall the AWE of seeing OSCAR WINNER* PHIL COLLINS on the BIG screen at the ABC cinema in East Street.

Cracking record as well. It also helped Loco in Acapulco by the Four Tops get into the chart as well.

*For the Disney Cartoon Tarzan soundtrack

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports