Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Fraser - Youth teamer

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
Anyone got any info on this youth teamer. There is a chance Mchee might throw him into the side against Saints, alongside Chippy in the middle, bearing in mind injuries and suspensions. Has anyone seen him play and comment on the sort of player he is. Have to say I was impressed with young Chamberlain pre season when I saw him, so surprised maybe he hasn't got the nod instead.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Isn't Hammond suspended?

Oh yeah and Knight's a little prick.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
would imagine knight will play in centre midfield

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Scotty M said:
would imagine knight will play in centre midfield

Heaven help us then. :(

larus

See how he can handle it with the big boys. If he flops, back to the youth team. If he flourishes, well, it gives MM another option.

Nothing to lose, and the record of MH & DW for the youth team over the last few years has been pretty good.

I'm not expecting anything from Southampton (apart from a good day out), so anything we get is a bonus.

My punt is on McShane

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
mayo played there a bit last season as well:nono:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He could be worth chucking in at the deep end, saying that look what happened to elphick, he got sent off and we got beat 5-1!

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
DAMANCLAY said:
He could be worth chucking in at the deep end, saying that look what happened to elphick, he got sent off and we got beat 5-1!

And he was a little bit down afterwards but Magoo talked him round and made him realise he didn't do that badly :jester:

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
Seagulls World - Ferret reckons their might be a chance he will be thrown in. We don't have many options but I would opt for Mcshane in the holding role and Chippy more attacking role.

I would put McShane on Quashie, who is a very impressive player, and get our lad to kick him about a bit. It would be a big ask for a youth teamer, although bench experience would be good.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
I would put McShane on Quashie, who is a very impressive player, and get our lad to kick him about a bit. It would be a big ask for a youth teamer, although bench experience would be good.

I do actually agree with that, McShane seems to have enough technique to play in midfield. However Fraser looks a really good prospect, has not looked in trouble playing against senior pro's in the reserves, so if you are good enough you are old enough.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
A week or so back I looked at the FA website, it has a section on youth team football, guess who was a mile ahead of the competition in their respective division. OK, it was the Albion, it looks like we have some pretty decent youth teamers on the books, lets hope at least a few of them can make the grade. The future looks bright.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Gully said:
A week or so back I looked at the FA website, it has a section on youth team football, guess who was a mile ahead of the competition in their respective division. OK, it was the Albion, it looks like we have some pretty decent youth teamers on the books, lets hope at least a few of them can make the grade. The future looks bright.

I would actually say the next crop looks better than the last lot and yet we have made nearly £2.5m flogging them off.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
He can play centre back or in midfield. He travelled with the first team to one of the games this year.

He looks good - bench at least.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Apparently Nicolas should be back for Southampton but I would still have Fraser on the bench. He can play centre mid or defence but looks a lot better in midfield.

Les Biehn said:
Apparently Nicolas should be back for Southampton but I would still have Fraser on the bench. He can play centre mid or defence but looks a lot better in midfield.

Sadly he didn't train today according to SW, as the knee is still giving him problems so it looks as though Alexis misses his big chance, gutted for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here